Introduction and some questions

(Wag @ Sep. 23 2007,06:53) How tall are you?

How capable are you?  You need fast reflexes, balance, ability to control as many variables at a time.  How well do you do in a car?  Have you had accidents already?  Are you a safe driver?
Im 6'0" and a little over 225lbs

I consider my reflexes good, Marching with a 65lb Bass Drum has given me great balance (Drumline
biggrin.gif
) and I handle the car with ease (0 accidents).

Poway H.S. class of '86! Trombone! Yeehaa!!

First bike at age 18 GS 450
second bike age 20 gpz 550
Third bike age 22 ninja 900
4th bike age 37 The Hayabusa!

Start small and learn to ride the wheels off that thing! The experience of riding a smaller( less than 600 cc's) bike to it's limit more than pays for itself in the long run! Don't be small minded and jump to the biggest, baddest bike you can find right away. You have a long life ahead of you.

P.S. no steady girlfriends til your 25! Off topic but just as important!
Later
Lamb

(Lamb busa @ Sep. 23 2007,16
zzwhip.gif
) Poway H.S. class of '86!  Trombone!  Yeehaa!!

P.S. no steady girlfriends til your 25!  Off topic but just as important!
Later
Lamb
1. Woot, you should come see this years field show... Poe's "The Tell Tale Heart" really creepy but pretty good...
Poway Tournament of Champions is on sat. October 13 at PHS and we play last since we're hosting  
beerchug.gif

2. Are you saying You can't get one until your 25 or I shouldn't try and get one until then?

SV650 is a great starter bike  
wink.gif
Good amount of torque so you don't feel like your riding a moped.

Be careful around Lamb    
wow.gif
   Or you'll end up talking in 3rd person all the time  
all_coholic.gif

(Greg @ Sep. 23 2007,16:54)
(Lamb busa @ Sep. 23 2007,16
zzwhip.gif
) Poway H.S. class of '86!  Trombone!  Yeehaa!!

P.S. no steady girlfriends til your 25!  Off topic but just as important!
Later
Lamb
1. Woot, you should come see this years field show... Poe's "The Tell Tale Heart" really creepy but pretty good...
Poway Tournament of Champions is on sat. October 13 at PHS and we play last since we're hosting  
beerchug.gif

2. Are you saying You can't get one until your 25 or I shouldn't try and get one until then?
Haven't been to a tournament since SDSU! That was a step down BTW!

As for the other part about the girls! Don't get a steady one until 25! Play the field and stay in school. The distraction factor is huge with THEM (haha)!

Your girlfriend and your mom will like the seat of the busa better than anything else. My 18 year old is starting with a ZX6RR and loves it. When he rides my busa - he can't believe how much he likes it, but is glad to have the lighter bike to work at this stage. I must say - his riding has become very very good and he rides to work everyday. I'm glad we got the 600... it's a cool bike.

Tons of great advice here and believe it or not, we don't deter anyone from riding the Busa as a first bike because we feel you need some "right of passage"...it's because we don't want to hear about you going down, or worse, you buy a Busa and we never hear from you again...
smile.gif
Safety first...

MSF info was covered...I took it years ago after trying to teach myself on a Harley, and after crashing that, realized just how little I know...the MSF course helps you learn the controls and by the end of the course, you've pushed that bike around and man-handled it so much, you either feel confident that you can do this or you may find you don't like it at all...

After the MSF course, I played on an old dirt bike...seriously, the controls are the same and it helped to learn shifting, braking, using a clutch...if you can get your hands on one, it wouldn't hurt...

And there's nothing wrong with the smaller bikes at all...coworker of mine is maybe 6'1" and tools around on a 250 Kawasaki...he loves it, though I do tease him when my Busa is parked next to him
tounge.gif

Best of luck in whatever you choose...at your age, insurance costs are going to be a huge factor in what you can do, but it can be done...just have fun and invest in gear...

Stick around; love having you here...
cool.gif

Back