IN ALL HONESTY!!!

This has not hit me, and I do not think it will. I love riding. Yesterday a co-worker of mine(female, part of a motorcycle girl crew) told me she was giving up riding. On sunday, one of her girls went down in front of her, flipping down the free-way. My co-worker did not target fixate or crash. She is so tramutized that she is giving it up. Honestly, I think she just liked looking cute on a bike, not really riding. She even cussed me out for congratulating her for not crashing also.

Um I fell Saturday and I fell about 20 years ago and about another 10 before that. I am still alive and will keep riding. I ride pretty conservatively sometimes stuff happens. If you keep riding chances of things happening goes up that's the way it is.

If you feel endangered by your bike and no longer feel safe, then get rid of it. If you are feeling like you don't like it anymore, go find some roads that no one is on and twist the throttle.

I too felt like getting rid of the busa, then I met some riders that like to drag race. Secluded road no one on it, smooth. I found a new appreciation for it. Maybe because in everyday riding you really don't get to open her up and this leads to boredem.

It's another thing to master, launching off the line. I still haven't gotten the groove of it but its fun learning. I mean working the clutch and throttle in sync to get the best launch without smoking the tires, raising the front end. And the speed. It feels like I am doing 90mph in first gear and 130mph comes really quick, really quick. All the races we have not been able to go into 3rd just 1st and 2nd.

I knew my busa was a beast but riding it hard really lets you know how much of a beast. It is a great bike. Instead of getting rid of it maybe you should try new things on it. I know I have and everytime I think about getting rid of it I just can't seem too.
race.gif

Emotional thread for sure..... I have had many near death incidents while riding without crashing..how you say ----sliding on oil and going across the into the other lane -blind turn
and get back on my side of the and and instantly meet a car...........................whoa !!
Running off the pavement at a 100 plus -- but there was a shoulder i could ride straight thru....... I truly do not know why i am still here to ride another day as in tommorrow.....
More conservative nowday's but as my skill level gets better at 56 years old---was a pothead back then i ride better now than then..gofigure.
I ask for a safe ride nowday's and thankfull to pull in the driveway-- been on two wheels since 65 --to present........

I have been riding for over thirty years and I have spent the last sixteen as a motorcop;you may go down and be hurt anytime you ride but as one of our instructors I always tell the new guys that you have to ride with "Controlled Aggression" which simply put means the faster and quicker you get to moving on your bike you should assume that something or someone is going to get in your way and make you change course and if you're not riding in that mindset you're already behind the curve.That being said;If you really are afraid of riding stop until you can be relaxed and ready at the same time-just my two cents.

(CBXRider @ Sep. 17 2007,11:57) "Anyone ever feel like this?"

NEVER!
brave.gif
I agree, I've NEVER felt like that  
wink.gif
, BUT if I did, the bike would be gone REAL QUICK. If I didn't feel safe, I sure wouldn't ride. Because, then YOUR just an accident looking  
SHOCKED.gif
for a place to happen  
sad.gif

I've been stove-up a few times and never gave it a second thought.

The only time was recently. Was riding with a friend of mine, Tim, and he crashed his busa. Some here met him at the bash 2yrs ago. He basically died in front of me while doing a secondary survey on his injuries while waiting for the amb. Got him back, Amb showed up, lifeflight showed up, off he went.

It wasn't til a few days later it really hit me. I gave some pretty long thought time to giving up riding for a while. Especially when the extent of his injuries were becoming clear. My father, who was an avid motorcyclist/dealer, also put his .02 worth in.

But after all the great rides we had and the great times we had,ei. Alaska, Yellowstone, Myrtle, so on and so on. And all the really great times I've had with my g/f on the back and trips we've taken. I decided to keep doing the only thing that has been a constant soucre of pleasure in my life, riding. Tim has mentioned that someday he would like to ride again and if he does he wants me to be there with him like in the old days. It maybe awhile, it's been 8 months and he just started eating solid food last month.

I can't say what is right for you but I continue to ride. I have too many places to go and things to see and people to meet to stop at this point.

I might suggest a racing school before you call it quits. It's a good safe place. It would be a real boost to confidence. You would meet a lot of really good people there. I'm doing one next spring just to brush-up. Maybe we could get a group of us here to go together? Just a thought.

Quote " You can DIE Walking your Doggie " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Want's us to Have Fun without being STUPID !!!!

Unfortunetly for some of us including myself, we let the Dumb Ass Take over................

" When your Number is UP. Its Up - You can't argue with GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

bowdown.gif

Back