IN ALL HONESTY!!!

PUNN1025

Registered
As many stories I here of people going down and passing Im honestly thinking of giving her up. I love my 06 but in all honesty if I find someone to trade for a nice old skool car

I think she will be gone!

Anyone ever feel like this?

Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it

I feel that way all the time... until I ride her... then it goes away... i get the thoughts... ride her to be sure... then it goes away.

For me it's a revolving cycle and my drug of choice.

beerchug.gif

Yep, feeling that way today actually...getting sad to log in on a Monday morning and reading of so many going down, losing members here...
sad.gif

Sometimes I do wonder if any of it is worth this...all I think about are my kids...

When my kids were very young, I concluded the risk was to high and sold my V45 magna...now they are 20 and 21 so I love to ride and feel the risk/reward are in the more acceptable range.

Besides...after riding a Busa...cars just don't do it for me all anymore
tounge.gif

You know, I sold my bike a couple of years ago, and after I sold it, I thought.....I am better off. I dont miss it that much, and I will be safer. Right? I learned today that one of my co-workers died, 25 years old. Another co-workers cousin had a brain anurism at 42. Another one of my co worked died at 35, natural causes. Life is too short my friend, I refuse to sit at home safe and sound. I am going to live my life as safely as I can, but it will not stop me from doing the things I love to do. We are going to travel and see this beautiful country and I hope we do alot of it on our Busa. Just living is dangerous, anything can happen, so why worry about it. Live your life and do the best you can to be careful, ultimately, God will decide when you call you home, no matter what you are doing or how old you are.  
super.gif
Also read my signature line!

You know everytime I fire up one of my bikes
I know that there is a chance I might get in an
accident. But then I remember that I'm in control
of my machine. I know that one can't control other people's
actions but I can control mine. Now with that being said
Living in Los Angeles via Chicago I fell like my life is at risk
everytime I leave the house, but thats life...... There are
a lot of crazys out there and you never know whats going to happen
but I can't and won't live my life in fear.........

beerchug.gif

Keep the bike, Be carefull, and don't put yourself in a dangerous situation.....

People get hurt every day. Stay safe and be cautious. Do your best to avoid problems.
Live life and enjoy it.

Read my signature also.

Throughout my life I have had a bit of a run of "Hobbies" Guns, Fishing, Archery, Mountain biking etc. I tended to splurge on all of those things at one point in time or another. But I would then inevitably walk away from them for periods of time . The one and only constant in my life since I was three years old (with the exception of a few years abroad in my youth) was motorcycling. I haven't been without a motorcycle of some sort since I was 8 years old. I got into an argument discussion with my wife one time about how much I was spending on tires and parts for my bike and I had to tell her that I am and always will be a motorcyclist. It is one of the few things that truly Defines me sort of like my kids define me as a father. She still complains that I am always buying tires but now she understands! That being said I have always understood the risks involved in doing so. I always try(!) to ride within my abilities and dress accordingly should something go awry. You could be harmed/killed walking down a sidewalk or sitting outside Starbucks at the hands of another. If you truly fear that you are at risk or a risk to others due to your own misgivings then that is the path you must follow and I wish you well.

I can't say I feel like getting rid of her, but there are some days I just won't ride. I feel like my mind has to be right...

I never have had that feeling. Actually, I feel worse when I CAN'T ride. Like...'maybe I should just stay home 'til (whatever is preventing me from riding) stops doing that.

Remember, there is no guarantee on 'tomorrow' for any of us, at any time, in any walk of life. Each breath you take is a gift, and your next one should not be taken for granted, nor assumed guaranteed.

Good luck.

I was thinking about this too awhile back when I saw a news report about the statistics of sport bike accidents, fatality rates, etc...but you need to think about it. More people die from eating unheathly foods, more people die from other causes...so you might as well lock yourself up in a room and hope a meteor doesn't land on you. Everything has risk, use precautionary measure, enforce situational awareness and ride defensively. I have good full covereage insurance...my family gets over half a mil if I die, will be wearing gear each and every time. So, nothing really to worry about...

Sacrificing the things you love for all the "what-ifs" isn't really living. Be safe and prepared, and have fun!
beerchug.gif

My perspective is a little different.... I did go down, recently as you all know. If you will all take a step back there have been a few consistant things....

1. People that survived had their gear on.
2. I see the accidents in two catagories
a. Riding out of your skill level
b. Stuff just happens

I am super conservative when I ride, I see my kids futures in my mind every time that I get on the bike, that is what keeps me from doing the stupid stuff.... There are always those accidents that happen regardless if you are on a bike or in a car, if someone slams you at 70 mph head on your gonna die either way.... Wear your gear and give your self the best chance to survive... Have enough self control to not do ignorant things, think of the consequences, just admit when you get in over your head... SLOW DOWN if your riding with a group from this board I promise you that there isnt a single person here that would think less of you if you just slowed down...... You can meet up on down the road, set a destination so that everyone can enjoy the ride......

CAp

I had that feeling (F-E-A-R) a couple of weeks ago, after many years and many miles riding, and my share of accident witnessing. The trigger was a very explicit set of pics of a fallen rider literally splitted in two by the armco poles, that here in Spain are mostly sharp-edged steel "I" profiles (many people die here because of that).

As razorshark has said, "use precautionary measure, enforce situational awareness and ride defensively". Standard risk management is the way to go. Reading the books, going to the track, thinking about the techniques,  spending some minutes before the ride reviewing the risks,  are some of the activities that add fun to the experience, and help me overcome the fear.

i think it sometimes.

bud just got clipped[found out lastnight] at a light from behind/side, 16 broken bones in the ankle area...at a light from behind.

Back