My friends wife is over weight and mad at me...

I like fat people
SHOCKED.gif
, they eat alot at my Restaurant $$$$$$$ ( Awwwww that MV Agusta might be sooner than I thought
laugh.gif
)  
beerchug.gif

I went throught this with my wife. She was in nursing school and ballooned to almost 200lbs. I didnt even realize it until she kept saying .."look how fat I am , why would you want to be with me!" I felt cheated because when I was first with her she complained i was too skinny. I started working out and got buffed and she just got fat. in another story..i stressed her out and she lost her weight, now she is a knock out. I know its not a good way to lose weight, but it worked.
Her sisters has kids that are huge...over 300lbs or more. I tell them all the time they are gonna have alot of early health problems. I been working out for years now and i even train people. They wont take my advise on diets or exercises. now both her older sisters have diabetes..Go figure.

meh My wife is overweight and she learned a long time ago that complaining to me didnt get her anywhere because all she did was complain and never did anything about it. If someone asks you and then gets mad about it they need to get some psych help. She has now realized that she needs to do something about it and quit crying.

When someone actually wants your opinion you can sugarcoat it and tip toe around the subject or you can be honest. When they get upset thats their problem.

-vJ-

(Shibumi @ Oct. 20 2006,18:43) Will never forget when I was a crass insensitive 20 year old and worked with a girl who was pretty and about 30 lbs overweight. One day about a week after she started work there I was walking past her, stopped suddenly on impulse and looked her straight in the eye and said, "You are SO pretty, why don't you lose all that extra weight?!?"
 Her mouth dropped open, made about a half disbelieving smile and her blue eyes were about the size of saucers. I turned around and kept walking.

Eight weeks later she was her perfect weight and began modeling.

We became close friends later and she confided that nobody had EVER talked that way to her before, and she just decided by damn she would SHOW me if I was cocky enough to just throw it at her that way!

P.S.- I still do NOT recommend this approach to the situation! Lucky I didn't get my fool head slapped clean off...
holy hell
my eyes were as big as saucers

yeah definitely don't recommend that one

although I once asked an overweight woman when she was due
I seriously thought she was pregnant
I felt like such #%@hole

(jessup @ Oct. 20 2006,13:29) Once again we delve into the realm of You shouldn't have opened your mouth if you didn't want the truth.

The situation:

Friends wife went from a reasonable weight (her words not mine) to overweight.  And I have to agree she is now overwieght.

It all started with a discussion about airline travel and the possibility of having to buy two seats to accomodate additional a## or elbow fat.

She thought this was unfair to the person that was heavy.  I told her she was out of her freaking mind to think that is unfair.  You know who it is unfair to... The person who has to sit next to the sweaty overweight person who is slowly but surely flubbering over into thier personal space.  

So we politely argued back and forth good naturedly until she said "Well what would you have me do? Its not like its my fault?"   Here is where I think I screwed up...

I said anyone who:

Already has their halloween candy out and has to refill the bowl twice aday is their own problem.  It is only the 20th for Pete's sake.

Uses more than a 1lb of butter a week when cooking is their own problem.

Doesn't get off thier ass anymore to excersise is thier own problem.

Has a personal or mental problem that doesn't get help.

You want to be fat be fat... But don't bitch at me when you have to buy two tickets to fly anywhere.

You make at least two pies a week and I can't get a freaking piece of one of them.

And stop getting angry at the food... It is not like it jumps into your mouth when your sleeping to ruin that 5000 calorie a day diet.

This is not a poke at anyone who is struggling with thier weight but more of a rehash of a conversation that I kinda regret but need to vent  and feel was necassery because no one else was giving her any input.

And I should add that she is prior military and knows how to excersise and has excersised and been a normal weight for most of her life.

End of rant.

I should add that we are still friends and her husband thanked me for my honesty... I would have punched me in the mouth if it had been me though.  I did explain to her that the only reason I got so angry is because I and many others have offered to excersise with her and support her.

So did I do the right thing?  Her husband thinks I did but I 'm not sure that honesty is always the best policy.
I think you're a my brother from another mother! Who's to say you're wrong. Over indulging in anything is a problem. This is coming from a man that just got home from a big dinner and two bottles of wine.

Either way, I owe a chicken cutlet brocolli rabe from Tony Lukes next time I see ya!!

Good on ya for tellin' it like it is. And good on yer bud (husband) for understanding..

Grab.

I feel your pain Bro.
rant.gif

MY sisters are all obese. Constantly on the fitness and diet kick and constantly putting weight back on. It is depressing to watch. Their whole lives have been about supposedly watching what they eat and counting calories here and there. But, for phuk's sake why is there no progress?
I discovered why on one of my various trips home some years ago from the USAF abroad. Lounging with BIG sis in her bedroom just chilling with my back to the bed and I feel something there underneath. Low and behold the entire Hostess inventory with a separate section to accomodate Entemann's. Then I noticed all of the carbonated regular soda pop cans. Must have been three of four cases under there. The scary part is now well into adulthood all of the obesity related problems are showing face. Sister one had Hodgkins(not really obesity related but had to point it out). Sister two has Diabetes type II with circulatory problems (festering foot blister that won't heal and became infected/was hospitalized). Sister three has had visual impairment and damage due to leaky blood vessels in her eyes that have required surgical intervention with laser surgery.
Sister one at one point went on a real Super Size me diet. She was at McD's every day for every meal and this went on for months not just one like in the documentary. You wanna know how big she got? Well packing on 60 lbs in a year and dropping it over the next two is like a walk in the park for these ladies.
So am I a bit sensitive about this whole issue PHUK yeah.
I believe everyone that is "significantly overweight or obese" needs a motivational swift kick in their multiple asses...
When anyone asks, "do I look fat" I am brutally honest.
I go so far as to recommend guaranteed lifestyle changes to end the cycle.
Like go into the pantry of ANY large person and tell me what you'll find? Nevermind you don't have to I already know. SNACK FOODS, SNACK FOODS AND MORE SNACK FOODS. Calorie rich and carbohydrate dense crap. Nobody should eat like that unless they are training for a marathon and I DO NOT MEAN A MOVIE MARATHON.  
I have had my ups and downs but never like that. I am more of an endomorph or borderline mesomorph. Never have I been someone you could call obese. Just a big strappin lad as they say in the UK.
rant.gif

rant.gif

What pisses me off is when over weight people think they have the right to sue a company, like wendy's or Mcdonalds or Hostes Twinkies because the food is cooked with the wrong grease or it's to high in the bad stuff like calories,cholesterol, Fat etc.....

(omslaw @ Oct. 20 2006,10:47) Ya know - to whomever is overweight, I'm sure this is a touchy subject.

However, I agree with you - If one is not going to take responsibility to try and lose the weight, then don't come b!tching to me about how heavy, big, fat, etc. you are.

Another thing - don't ask for my opinion unless you really want to hear it; I don't sugar-coat things.  I'll tell ya what I think - whether you like it or not.

Ya know - what you did may have been a good thing.  Sometimes spouses/significant others don't listen to their partner.  But if something comes from someone else...that may be all that's needed for it to sink in.
Omar, do you think I'm old and boring?

jump9.gif

Back