I'm really getting sick of cops.

heavyjeffd

Registered
I'm sure this will end up in a "You're stupid, shut up" rant, but hear me out before you ridicule me.

I commute to work about 500 miles a week from the North side of Canyon Lake TX to I-10 and Wurzbach in SW San Antonio, about 56 miles each way. I get to drive with some of the biggest idiots on the road every day. Dodging screaming soccer mom's in SUV's, various gravel trucks/trailers spewing crap all over the road hitting me in the neck and (somehow) making it through the vents in my helmet to hit me in the chin/mouth, which let me tell you is just freakin' wonderful.

So this morning I'm on my way home from work on (I work nights). I am stuck behind a work truck with a trailer, a small gravel truck (both peppering me with crap) and boxed in by a Dodge Dakota and some crazy person in an Altima that won't stop tailgating me.

So I FINALLY get a break and can get myself out of this death trap and what happens? I get radared doing 81MPH passing the death trap and pulled over and ticketed.

I tried to explain to the cop that I was passing and hadn't been cruising at 81MPH the entire time, which honestly I had not. But, of course, that meant nothing.

I asked the cop why don't they ever pull over the trucks throwing gravel all over the road or lunatics tailgating motorcyclists, he said "Oh I do all the time."

Eh. I'm sure they do, but it sure seems like he ignored the trucks spewing crap and the crazy person in the Altima when he passed them to give me a ticket.

Here's hoping that cops learn to be a little bit more sensative to the risks motorcyclists are taking just to commute and deal with these ridiculous gas prices.

Hoping, but not expecting much.

smile.gif

Well, I WAS going to call you stupid, or tell you to shut up, but you make a good point, so I won't.

Kev

Sorry bro, that is one of those deals that has be relyed upon by the good nature of the officer. I am sure they hear all kinds of crap. Sometimes we can talk our way out, sometimes not. Be safe.

I hear you, I do the same thing, if I run up on traffic I'm out of there, let them battle it out back there.
thumb_up.gif

Had the same thing happen to me in Fla about 2 weeks ago. The cop had to slow down a Red Excursion that had passed me up in order to give me a ticket that had clocked me by AIRCRAFT. Same scenario I had passed an eratic 18 wheeler and did maybe 80 for a second or so.

Busted....me and about 15 other bikes....strangely very few cars being pulled over.

I have more and more confirmation that cops do seem to have it out for us.

Good points made!

I think anybody that's been in the saddle for a little while has been in the same situation.

I am starting to re-evaluate my traffic hazard negotiating strategy. I like positioning myself where I can see and be seen, and have an "escape" route in the event something goes wrong in traffic. The problem is that to get to the "sweet spot", sometimes you gotta do a point-and-shoot maneuver. That's where you get into semantics with the cops. Kind of a rock and a hard place situation.

I had an argument with a local Motor Officer about a situation like that. His position was that the right thing to do was to get off the highway, and wait for the traffic pattern to improve. Yeah, right! If we ALL did that, there would be nobody on the f'ing highways!

you are giving me flashbacks of morons on 4 wheels..... the cell phone thing is a real bone in my throat...

I know this may seem weird, and perhaps some of our resident leo's could give some advice. I was trained by the California Highway Patrol to ride slightly more aggressive than the flow of traffic. This was of course in 1987, but anyway, that is what they taught. Now, breaking the law is breaking the law. So, if you happen to get stopped by a motor officer, maybe you could talk your way out, otherwise, its award time. I ride faster than the flow of traffic on a regular basis, but I am always careful of the speed traps that seem to be prevolent in our city. The only point I am trying to make is this, ride safely, stay alive, do what you have to do and hope that you dont have a radar gun aimed at you.

Sounds like you should talk to the DA or Judge. Sorry the LEO obviously doesn't ride. That's just one of those things that a rider will be cognizant of. I always either ride a bit faster than the flow, or not at all.

BTW I did stop and write an idiot for tailgating a bike the other night. Some of us do understand.
cool.gif

I will either ride faster or slower than the pack depending on conditions... normally it is easier to pick up the pace but if it goes too deep, I hang back... I NEVER ride with cars in my "zone" If I need room for evasive action, I do not need a cage in the way... PRIORITY 1 "maintain my space"

I will take the ticket....

I almost got that ticket when a motor officer showed up at my door last Saturday evening... cage should not have crowded my so tight and persist (almost hit me)

That's BS, and if you wreck they will swear that you where racing or stuntin.
argue.gif
very true but that is because of what you see on youtube where the real "tubes" block roads, do stupid stuff and run from the law when they get busted... makes all riders look bad... yet people cheer them on..

Sounds like you should talk to the DA or Judge. Sorry the LEO obviously doesn't ride. That's just one of those things that a rider will be cognizant of. I always either ride a bit faster than the flow, or not at all.

BTW I did stop and write an idiot for tailgating a bike the other night. Some of us do understand.  
cool.gif
Thanks Chank, I knew I wasnt crazy!
laugh.gif

It just isn't right sometimes. Cop should really listen to the explanation and not think it's another excuse that they've already heard.

I was all prepared to slam you and call you an idiot, but after reading your post I have come to the conclusion that you got screwed, your life sucks, the area you live in sucks, the people that drive on the same road with you suck, the police in your area suck.

I want to thank you however for showing me how much your life sucks because it makes me realize that I have a pretty awesome life and nothing about my life sucks

demotivators_1843_2759450.jpg

Back