I'm getting sick of pulled over

It seems that some days are better than others. I have had LEO`s on my tail and I get that butterfly feeling in my throat. I will stay at the posted speed limit or under and ride.

I happen to have it pretty good where I live as there are lots of open roads and I cruise at 80 -90 mph quite often.

Guilty as hell, the truck is driven like I ride my bike. Like I`m in a hurry.

I am seriously pissed...

Today I was doing 60 in a 65 zone with trucks and cars whizzing past at at least 70 and the cop was still stuck on my tail. I pulled over and waited for him. He drove by slowly looking at me all the way.

This is BS

The government needs MONEY.  That's why the cops are out in force.  They have quotas to meet, especially towards the end of the month, like any sales type job.  That's the simple fact.  It has LITTLE to NOTHING about keeping the road safe.  It's all about $$$.

3 weeks ago coming back up from San Diego, I'm doing about 90mph in the car pool of the 605 fwy northbound.  I had a car behind me keeping up and keeping me company.  Sure enough, 2 lanes to the right, I came upon a highway patrol car.  It was even one of those sneaky, new, ones.  Painted all white instead of the traditional blk & wht, no cherry lights on top, but intergrated into the grill of the hood, and back window width cherry lights.  On the trunk "HIGHWAY PATROL" in gold color.

I shut down my throttle, downshifted one.  He saw me, because I can see him see me in his driver side mirror, eyeballing me.  So I did even one better, I gave the universal biker knock on my helmet for "cop" to the car behind me and POINTed right at that cop in the HIGHWAY PATROL car and put my hand down to my side to signal the car behind me to slow down.  He got the message and fell way behind me as both of his came to a 65 mph cruising speed.  The cop saw ALL of this, because I can still see him eyeballing me, but there's not much he can do because he's still diagnonallly ahead of me.  Guess what he tried to do:  Slow down to try to coast behind me, guess what I did?  I throttled off, clutched in and coasted with him.  Pretty soon we were doing about about 50 mph, holding up traffic behind.  It was a game of "who gets behind whom", I much rather tail him, then have him tail me.  And I won.  He gave up, and picked it up and took off at what must've been 85 - 90 mph.

All I can say is it's a chess game.  Did you see him coming first?  Or did he see you coming first.  Seeing how you said you've been magnets to the cops, I would say you need to start paying more attention to spot the cops FIRST, besides just paying attention to the road.  And if you can't divide your attention to both, then as one of the other members suggested, put a governer on to self-restrict yourself and don't go a notch over 65 mph.

<!--EDIT|eynlai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149458760 -->

Ahh, I noticed you live in North Carolina. the good ole' boys. I'm sure they are just waiting for you to do something wrong. I've been lucky so far. I could have gotten in trouble a couple of times. But for some reason they haven't messed with me YET!

somebody really needs to whip out a box of tissues for some here....[/QUOTE]
I just can't stop the laughing...... Strange I saw this post and I could not help reading this.... I know..... its the color of your Busa!

Stop speeding every once in a while and do it all the time. That way instead of getting pulled the one time you do it you will get pulled any time your doing it all the time. You will at least get more fun that way then feel restricted like here is my window of opportunity.
tounge.gif
I speed all the time. I know all of the cops cause I used to be one. Plus it helps when you know the law and alot about radar.:D

I live in Charlotte and have not had a single problem. I have cop cars behind me and when I slow down have actually had many give me a nod or thumbs up. You have to control urges to go fast until the right time and location. Strings of bad luck happen whether you are in a car or on a bike. I don't know if I would take it personal.....yet

Radar detectors are useless unless there's other traffic on the road... at least one other car.
yeah...umm wrong.

get to know your local laws and stop buying radar untits under 200.00.

ANY decent unit can detect better than a mile away....save for the laser and you are not LOS.... if you can be slowed down outside the usual 1000ft "max" target range...then your detectors can and will save you thousands....as mine have done over the past 20 years.

Ever see the movie Liar Liar with Jim Carey?

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, A$$HOLE!!!

Hehe- not calling you names, of course, I just really like that movie. Boils down to you gotta pay to play.

I went into Great Falls Montana a couple days ago, just to spend some good Canadian money on Yankeeland, and noticed all the crazy people flying around GF, on the Interstate, everywhere with no helmet. Scary. I talked to a state trooper about seatbelts, while doing so a bunch of daredevils went by, no skidlid, and not a word.
rock.gif

Radar detectors are useless unless there's other traffic on the road... at least one other car.
yeah...umm   wrong.

get to know your local laws and stop buying radar untits under 200.00.

ANY decent unit can detect better than a mile away....save for the laser and you are not LOS.... if you can be slowed down outside the usual 1000ft "max" target range...then your detectors can and will save you thousands....as mine have done over the past 20 years.
Ain't it the truth! Paying attention, as though it will cost you hundred$$ if you don't (which it will) also helps. I LOVE my V1. Have it hard wired and setting on a stem mount right in front of me. Can't see the tach easily from 8-9K up or the speedo from 80-85 down but well worth the minor inconvenience. Even 5" from my tankbag it still covers my 6 as well. The early warning time, like around corners for example, has worked for me a number of times.

The local PD keep their guns on all the time. My RD goes off way before I catch a visual on them.

Get a HARD unit so you can keep your eyes on the road
click me

Ever see the movie Liar Liar with Jim Carey?

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, A$$HOLE!!!

Hehe- not calling you names, of course, I just really like that movie. Boils down to you gotta pay to play.

I went into Great Falls Montana a couple days ago, just to spend some good Canadian money on Yankeeland, and noticed all the crazy people flying around GF, on the Interstate, everywhere with no helmet. Scary. I talked to a state trooper about seatbelts, while doing so a bunch of daredevils went by, no skidlid, and not a word.
rock.gif
If you come back down to Great Falls stop in at Sound PRo and B.S. for a while. I hardly ever hear of anyone even stopping through. Damn crazy montanans.

look into the rocky mountain radar small jammers. they work sweet. just mount them on the back and front of the bike, abuddy has them and I ordered mine, I'll post pics as soon as they come in.

Back