Getting Pulled Over

"...Officer Clumzy, you issued 150 traffic tickets this month while most other officers issued more than 200 tickests. Is everything allright with you? Are you devoting all your time to the job of protecting the public? I hope we won't have this conversation next month. OK, son?"

"Yes, sir!"

Ask yourself a simple question, if the punishment for traffic violations was a let's say 1-4 hours in jail depending on the severity, but no monetary fines, would there be the same number of tickets issued?

Ask yourself another simple question, why the speed limits are so grossly below what the flow of traffic is? Why a military technology (radars, lasers) are used to enforce arbitraty and imprecisely set speed limits, while at the same time no technology at all is used to change the speed limit in real time depending on conditions, flow of traffic, weather, etc? Why insurance companies so graciously provide radars and lasers to Law Enforcement community? Why a speeding ticket on a motorcylce affects insurance rates on cars that the same driver operates but has no tickets on?

What causes more accidents, slow moving cars in the left lane which promotes disruption of traffic and frustration of other drivers, or a few bikes which, yes, go fast at times, but rarely crash because of speed alone? Don't you find it ridiculous that sportbikes which handle so much better than your average car - accelerates better, swerves all day long, brakes so much better - should adhere to the same speed limits? Why not set 55 for cars and 110 for bikes? Oh, poor bureacrats find it too complicated to figure it out, and derive the new rules of the road. Oh, wait, why bother changing anything when they can collect so much more money - and all in the name of safety - no one will argue with safety, right?

Why driving is allowed at all? Do you know how many people get killed in USA every year in car accidents? It's roughly 150 people per day - you do the math - 40,000-50,000/year. Do you here this on the news every day? "Dear citizens of this country, we had a terrible day today. 150 of our fellow citizens were lost to an invisible enemy which plaged our society. This invisible enemy hides along our roads and highways, and strikes on unsuspected drivers. Our country lost 40,000 lives last year, and we don't know what this year will bring."

I could go on and on, but anyone could just analyze a bit, and see how ridiculous things are.

If you didn't figure it out, you never will. Corruption and racket at its best - because you don't even realize it is happening. All in the name of safety of course.

Unfortunately, LEO's have nothing to do with it. They just follow orders and "hints". If they are told to issue traffic tickets to only slow moving vehicles while giving a friendly waves to any bike passing by at above 100, they will be doing just that.

I could not agree more!!!

Depends on the officer, dont ask about the Bash 2009... I didnt get a ticket...

3x the speed limit and passed the officer in question.

It's not a fact, it's anecdotal evidence. Facts come from hard data. Do you have hard data to back up your claim? I doubt it.

Cops come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors, just like regular citizens. Some are jerks, others are bikers themselves. Some have bias against bikers, others have bias in favor of bikers. Those of you that get cited, you instantly assume that every cop is out to get you, when your experience is anecdotal in nature and hardly representative of the profession. I'm not going to get angry, because it does me no good. Bias works both ways.

Told you they wouldnt like it :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why are you addressing this to me? My problem stems from bias against LEO's, not the system. You seem to have a problem with the system. How does this address my comments at all?

FYI, some jurisdictions count warnings and infractions. And furthermore, if you're speeding, there's no excuse. You can either be a part of society, or you can rebel. If you choose to rebel, then perhaps this isn't such a great place to live? Some of us prefer to have rules in place. While they may not be a "one size fits all" they are generally beneficial to the public. I prefer not to have bike racing down my road at 100+mph when children are playing nearby. I prefer to not get run over when I'm riding my bicycle on the road because some squid wishes to get a knee down on a public road.

It's not a matter of rights, it's a matter of living within society. Either you choose to live by societies rules, or you do not.

Once again:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If an officer unfairly discriminates against you, file an official complaint. These complaints are registered with IA in many cases and if there is a pattern, they will be terminated. Don't just call up the desk sergeant, make an official complaint at their offices.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Next time you feel like a LEO is following you, or tailgating you, simply pull over safely in a legal spot. If he follows youinto that spot, get off of the bike, and remove your helmet, and "stretch your legs". They will either get out and ask if everything is alright, or keep going. BTW, this even happens in Japan!

In all the honesty, I greatly respect LEO's for doing their job. More than once a LEO pulled by to check on me when I was stretching my legs by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere somewhere upstate NY.

Here is something funny. I was going pretty good, and decided to pull over on the highway to restart my radar detector (it shuts off after 1 hour of no detection). Not 15 sec goes by and state trooper pulls behind me with the lights on. I am trying to figure our how he could've seen me.

Turns out, he just felt it wasn't a safe place to stop, and he simply was blocking me off for safety until I left. Thank you sir!

Depends on the officer, dont ask about the Bash 2009... I didnt get a ticket...

3x the speed limit and passed the officer in question.

:rulez: This is all I'm going to say about it.

Ya know, I wouldn't have found out if there wasn't video evidence....just saying. :whistle: :laugh:

My question is, who polices the police? I get so sick and tired of seeing cops speeding all over the place, and then turning around and giving tickets to other people for doing the same thing. Just the other morning, a motorcycle cop passes me doing at least 15 over, then stops at the next off ramp and pulls his laser out. I'm like WTF! I have grown to resent most cops because of them seeing themselves as being above the law.

My question is, who polices the police? I get so sick and tired of seeing cops speeding all over the place, and then turning around and giving tickets to other people for doing the same thing. Just the other morning, a motorcycle cop passes me doing at least 15 over, then stops at the next off ramp and pulls his laser out. I'm like WTF! I have grown to resent most cops because of them seeing themselves as being above the law.

The question that never has a good answer.

You should pull the cop over.... Leave your helmet on tho, that pepper spray stings:laugh:

You are correct, officers do speed and take advantage of their position, this is a very casual observation on my part as well. If you really wish to make a point, file a formal complaint, document time, place, estimated speed, etc. Yes, it's a lot of work, but if nobody does this, then they will continue to abuse their position.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when they are on duty. When you're on duty, you are serving the community, and if you drive a bit faster...I'll overlook it. The times that really get me angry is when I see an officer, out of his jurisdiction, speeding home on the interstate.

But to answer your question, WE police law enforcement by electing our leadership. We elect our Mayors and our Sheriff's. These officers serve us, not the other way around. A formal complaint helps to remind them of this from time to time.

Last edited:
You are correct, officers do speed and take advantage of their position, this is a very casual observation on my part as well. If you really wish to make a point, file a formal complaint, document time, place, estimated speed, etc. Yes, it's a lot of work, but if nobody does this, then they will continue to abuse their position.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when they are on duty. When you're on duty, you are serving the community, and if you drive a bit faster...I'll overlook it. The times that really get me angry is when I see an officer, out of his jurisdiction, speeding home on the interstate.

But to answer your question, WE police law enforcement by electing our leadership. We elect our Mayors and our Sheriff's. These officers serve us, not the other way around. A formal complaint helps to remind them of this from time to time.

I'm guessing you are a LEO yourself. Tell me something, as per law, isn't it true that LEOs are 'supposed to' abide by all driving rules, just like any other driver and cannot break any rules, until and unless they have their emergency lights on?

Ha-Ha-Ha.....:rofl: BUSTED !!

I take it you didn't hear about that one, huh :laugh:

I heard about it that week....after listening to a video that a certain ORG member took at the Phillips. Grumpy was within camera distance when telling someone about what had just happened. :laugh:

I heard about it that week....after listening to a video that a certain ORG member took at the Phillips. Grumpy was within camera distance when telling someone about what had just happened. :laugh:

It might be just me, but I have no idea what you all are talking about. How about some details? :)

I'm guessing you are a LEO yourself. Tell me something, as per law, isn't it true that LEOs are 'supposed to' abide by all driving rules, just like any other driver and cannot break any rules, until and unless they have their emergency lights on?

I'm not a LEO, my wife is. As for laws, it's a gray area. General Orders dictate when and where you can exceed the speed limit. Lights are not always necessary depending on the situation and the jurisdiction.

For example, cops are not subject to seat belt laws or cellular phone laws.

Back