Getting Pulled Over

I'm not a LEO, my wife is. As for laws, it's a gray area. General Orders dictate when and where you can exceed the speed limit. Lights are not always necessary depending on the situation and the jurisdiction.

For example, cops are not subject to seat belt laws or cellular phone laws.

That sounds shady. How come there's no law for Law Enforcement drivers? That mean they 'legally' can drive anyway they want? That doesnt sound right. They ought to be bound by some legality too.

Today morning itself I saw a police car going atleast 10 over speed limits. How I know? We were stopped at the signal and when it turned green we both sped up. I stopped accelerating at the speed limit but he kept going...and it happened atleast twice. He was running his radar. If he was in emergency, he wouldnt have stopped at signal. So obviously he was abusing the power. i see that happening almost every day.

How can you respect them, if they themselves dont abide by the law.

for u guys who dont know florida tag law is out got a ticket other day for $1400 went to court went right out the door....

...FLORIDA HORIZONTAL TAG LAW

As of 6/16/09

The Governor has signed the reversal of the "Horizontal Tag" Bill that previously restricted vertical license plates on motorcycles. THE UNLAWFUL SPEEDING VIOLATIONS ARE STILL PRESENT IN THE LAW.

CS/CS/SB 1100 Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles [CPSC]: The Bill that removes the "horizontal" wording of the motorcycle tag was signed by Officers and presented to Governor on 06/08/09 .

Here is the wording of this bill as it relates to motorcycles:
"Section 4. Subsection (3) of section 316.2085, Florida Statutes, is amended to read:
316.2085 Riding on motorcycles or mopeds.—
The license tag of a motorcycle or moped must be permanently affixed to the vehicle and may not be adjusted or capable of being flipped up. No device for or method of concealing or obscuring the legibility of the license tag of a motorcycle shall be installed or used."

Click HERE for the same information presented by the Florida Dept. of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (4th item down, F.S.S. 316.2085(3)):

Back