Ike's got me worried!

I think this begins to paint the picture...

strm9_surgefore_720x486.jpg

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/26672271#26672271" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

You guys down south keep us posted if you need anything let me know. I have room for people, bikes, etc.

Wow, we are getting surges (small) all the way over here on the other coast!!!! Police are telling people who stay to write their names and social security numbers on there arms so that they can id the dead bodies!!! Man that is scary and harsh!!!

i hope everyone there well... ive been watching the news about it all morning and the southern beaches of the island are washed away and water under the houses on stilts... and in galveston has 3 ft water on the streets.... hope its not like allison (?) that hit houston a few years back....

If anyone needs to make the trip a few hours north of Conroe area, call me and let me know. Garage has plenty of space for bikes/belongings.

Palestine is still projected to catch 50-60 mph winds, but will be a bit milder than houston.

903-948-8328

The bad thing is that it is going to hit at almost a 90 degree angle which will make for a bad storm surge. The wind will not be much to worry about unless your house is made of sticks. A cat 2 is not bad for the winds, it is the surge. I am a native to south Florida and have been in a few. Hope you guys are alright. Good luck.

so far so good in north houston except the wind is getting bad. i can handle rain specially we have not had rain for long time but just hope we never get 80 miles wimd they predicted because then you lose power and then that would really suck... and as i am writing this the satelite TV went out:banghead:

Last edited:
You peeps in Houston still got power?

150,000 without power already, mostly in south and hurricane still has not landed!

looks like no sleepy for me tonite becuase the eye suppose to hit my area about 4am!

Last edited:
Jerry you keep you head down & let us know you are OK. We got a place for you both if you need it.

perfect song for storm time, i am jamming here as long as i got power:laugh:

- Tales of mystery and imagination[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man we realy dodged one here in Corpus! You guys in the Houston, Galviston area stay safe & were praying all is well!!! :please:

Update from Conroe: So far not bad, just windy. Still have power and water. Looks like rain bands are just starting to arrive in this area.

To everyone south, hope you are ok!! Stay safe!

Ok, lost power about 15 min ago. Rain has started, Wind has picked up quite a bit. Things are starting to get intresting now.

Hope others south are ok!
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like another couple of bad hours for Houston, be safe over there!!

Update from Conroe- power is out in my area along with water. Damage so far is minor, bunch of downed limbs. The gutter was torn off the back of the house, a portion of our privacy fence is gone. Over all, I think we are ok. Will know more when the wind and heavy rain stop and I can get a better look outside.

Hope everyone else fairs as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back