Ike's got me worried!

Rey, be careful down there, they are now saying Corpus again. Let us know if you need anything from us further north.

Last edited:
Hey Katman...where do you live in Corpus? I never see your lime busa anywhere? It looks like we wont be getting Ike. Once again, dodged another one. That's like the 6th in the past 5 years. We are due for one, we've dodged way to many already. Good thing I got full coverage, just in case anything happens to my '02, then I would be cruising a new '08

My parents live very close to Freeport in Brazoria County (Manvel to be exact). They are under mandatory evacuation as of 7am.
I think that I am gonna have company...LoL!

We have been on the road for 6hrs and were still in lousiana traffic is terrible.the hurricane is patterned to come within 90miles from my house.I think that we will get a lot of wind and water.I have the busa at my parents house with dads busa inside a enclosed trailer inside a shop,maybe they will both make it thru the hurricane without geTting hurt
Posted via Mobile Device

down town galveston is already has water in the streets and the storm still 200 miles away from land. that is not good news.:please:

We've got a lot of flooding already too... and the storm isn't even coming our way!! This storm is pushing a lot of water. :huh:

Well, I got my house boarded up, but had to go in to work today. Looks like I will get to drive home in tropical storm or maybe hurricane force winds. I hate working for the state sometimes!!! Latest projections show it hitting Galveston, hopping on I45 and heading north through Houston, Spring, Conroe, and Huntsville. Hope everyone has taken care of what they needed too. Should make for an intresting night.

Well, I got my house boarded up, but had to go in to work today. Looks like I will get to drive home in tropical storm or maybe hurricane force winds. I hate working for the state sometimes!!! Latest projections show it hitting Galveston, hopping on I45 and heading north through Houston, Spring, Conroe, and Huntsville. Hope everyone has taken care of what they needed too. Should make for an intresting night.

yah... i live in woodlands right by 145 north.

hope they let you get off work early and stay safe.

I work on base here in Corpus and we are still here working. It's pretty quiet though, not very many people came to work today. So far, the actual satellite looks like it will cut b/w galveston and corpus. It really needs to b-line really quick for galveston to take on the eye. Eithery way, from baffin bay(below corpus)-lousiana, we can expect 20ft surges. This thing is so massive!

I work on base here in Corpus and we are still here working. It's pretty quiet though, not very many people came to work today. So far, the actual satellite looks like it will cut b/w galveston and corpus. It really needs to b-line really quick for galveston to take on the eye. Eithery way, from baffin bay(below corpus)-lousiana, we can expect 20ft surges. This thing is so massive!

they said the surge might get up to 25 ft. that means the island will be under water. what is so scary that it is still 190 miles away and it has not even been raining and it is already water in seewall and feeder roads in galveston.

Back