If you live in Florida, Check your helmet first!!

I recommend not reading this thread directly before bedding down for the night.

laugh.gif
ghostface.gif

A few years back I worked a job at the Comanche Peak Nuke Plant SW of Foat Wuth, TX.

I was warned about checking my shoes, the shower curtain, under the bed, etc. for critters like spiders and scorpions.

One day I was out for a ride in my car, and I came up on a bunch of brown spots all over the road - about 200, I guess. Before I had time to finish wondering "WTH?" I heard them popping and splattering in my wheel wells.

I had just run over a herd of tarantulas crossing the road.

puke.gif

Re: If you live in Florida, Check your helmet first!!

Yep my most recent encounter with a spider didn't turn out to well! After a couple days! All is good now,but man was I hating life for while!
080718_121414.jpg

Not cool. Brown Recluse bite?

I dumped him out and squashed him and that was that . Had it been the wife or my youngest daughter they would have lost their minds.

My wife is the same way. One time we had a fairly large spider on our deck, and she freaked out. Knocked it off the deck with a chair, then saw it was still alive, so she came inside, GOT HER PISTOL, and unloaded on it while it was on the ground.

Life is never boring with this woman...:laugh:

was out for a ride and saw movement on the front piece on my helmet by my mouth...it was a large wasp...reached up and scooped it out and threw it...luckily didnt get stung

Wow, Mike, so sorry to hear about your wife's ordeal. I hope she is doing better.

My rule is, if it is in the house, it is dead!!!! Outside and minding its own business, even if I get in its way, is OK. Gets in my way or comes after me, DEAD!!!!!

I was heading back to ST Louis MO from Dallas TX a couple years ago and was on route 69 (?). Anyway, out in the middle of nowhere OK and I see down the road this large black spot in the road. I am thinking debri, just straddle it and no biggy. I get closer, I see a leg stick out and the black spot starts to move. I freaked out. It was a huge spider. I finally at the last minute decided to straddle it, cause after all I was in a car doing 60 mph and it was a spider not hurting anything. I look in my rear view mirror to make sure I didn't kill it and it was no where to be seen. Now I really start to freak out. I am thinking this thing jumped up onto my car and is trying to find a way inside. I stopped for gas about an hour later and I tell you, I was a little scared to get out of my car. I was wishing they still had the full service gas stations. But I finally sucked it up and got out of the car. Didn't see anything crawl off while standing up on the isle by the gas pump :laugh: and didn't see anything on the tires. I figure that spider was fast and moved off the road. When I drove back down there the next week, I kept the windows up and picking wildflowers on the side of the road (was going to dry them and send them in one of the soldier's care packages - a little bit of home) was off my list. :whistle:

Yo! on the bite. Benadrill is a good thing to have around.

:poke: Wo I live in florida and I keep my helmet in the house. Guess I'm gonna have to start doing pre flight on my helmet also.???

Back