If you live in Florida, Check your helmet first!!

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, went for short ride to an appointment today. Helmet was in the house, set it on bike while it warmed up. Threw it on and rode. Get to appointment and pull back seat up to latch helmet, pull helmet off and a big ol moth flies out of under seat, at same time I have a huge spider crawl acrost my eyelid. I swat it off, it was huge.. Did not bite me, but must have been along for the ride next to my head. Glad it did not pop out and cross my eye while I was riding.

LOL, yeah we have a lot of critters down this way. As long as it wasn't a Black Widow, Brown Widow, Red Widow, or Brown Recluse then it probably wasn't a major nasty. Most times they are the solid black spiders (very common here). They get largeish (maybe half dollar sized), but usually don't hurt anyone. You can just brush them away.

wait until one of the wolf spiders comes out. had one jump into a friends canoe when we were going down river. he put a few paddle stripes across his (then) finance before he finally got it. it was the size of a quart paint can lid.
biggrin.gif

man that would have scared the crap out of me.  Spider on face while ride'n
SHOCKED.gif

I was sitting at the PC one morning checking the site out before I went to work and saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Looked and nothing there. Then movement again. A Big azz spider had run into my work boot. I don't freak because of snakes and spiders having lived down here since forever so I dumped him out and squashed him and that was that . Had it been the wife or my youngest daughter they would have lost their minds. My oldest daughter takes after me and has no fear of anything. The worst is a love bug flying up your nose at 65 MPH. That'll get your attention. I don't see how squids live down here.

They do not normally bother me Unless they are crawling acrost my freakin face, not sure what it was, it was big, felt like it was from my eyebrow to lower eyelid. Lots of recluses here. I did not see it after swatting it off me.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
wait until one of the wolf spiders comes out. had one jump into a friends canoe when we were going down river. he put a few paddle stripes across his (then) finance before he finally got it. it was the size of a quart paint can lid.[/quote]
rofl.gif
wish I could have seen that on video....

I've been bit by a brown recluse. Painful bite. Half of my arm had started to swell up and start going numb overnight before I went to the Dr the next day. He knew exactly what it was. A shot in the butt cheek and I was fine. I could see where it's teeth went in my arm for about 4 or 5 months. Those can do some serious damage!

Got a big wolf spider living in the garage. He minds his own business and eats lots of bugs. he stays away from the Busa. When he is out side he waits till I open the garage and runs in. I will take a picture of him next time I see him.

Got a big wolf spider living in the garage. He minds his own business and eats lots of bugs. he stays away from the Busa. When he is out side he waits till I open the garage and runs in. I will take a picture of him next time I see him.
If you all remember, some of you might maybe, I had that 6' black racer living in my garage for the last two years I was in Tampa. Beautiful snake, never did see a single rodent, or heck much of anything else. From the garage she could get between the walls, I found evidence of her in the attic and just about everywhere else. Darn good pest control...

I don't kill spiders though, they eat to many crappy bugs. The roaming spiders in the house I'll take outside, but if they are mellow and live in a web in the corner somewhere I leave em', just clean up after them every now and then. But then I try really hard not to kill anything that I don't really need or have to kill. It's served me well...

My mother always told me as a kid not to kill spiders because their web will stop bleeding. I've never tried this method of combat surgery but I usually leave them alone until they overstep their boundaries. I also adhere to the Zen every creature has a right to live philosophy. Every creature except possums that is . I really hate them.

My mother always told me as a kid not to kill spiders because their web will stop bleeding. I've never tried this method of combat surgery but I usually leave them alone until they overstep their boundaries. I also adhere to the Zen every creature has a right to live philosophy. Every creature except possums that is . I really hate them.
+1, not on possums, I like them, but on the living thing. Except fire ants, it is a Florida thing, they need to all be dead. Problem is, you cant kill them and they are everywhere. My wife found out a week ago she is allergic to them, got stung by about 10 of the mofos and she almost died. Loaded her up on benadryl and headed to the ER, she was blown up like a balloon from head to foot and almost passed out. Has to carry eppy pen now.

+1, not on possums, I like them, but on the living thing. Except fire ants, it is a Florida thing, they need to all be dead. Problem is, you cant kill them and they are everywhere. My wife found out a week ago she is allergic to them, got stung by about 10 of the mofos and she almost died. Loaded her up on benadryl and headed to the ER, she was blown up like a balloon from head to foot and almost passed out. Has to carry eppy pen now.
Dude that sucks !! They say that you can get stung (or bit, whatever they do) your whole life, and then out of nowhere have an allergic reaction ? Could you imagine living in Ausralia, EVERYTHING is poisonous there !!

I recommend not reading this thread directly before bedding down for the night.

laugh.gif

Yep my most recent encounter with a spider didn't turn out to well! After a couple days! All is good now,but man was I hating life for while!
080718_121414.jpg

Back