comfortable headphones in a helmet?

I think it's time helmet manufacturers started paying attention here and build some speakers into the lid..:rulez: a lead hanging out at the back .. or maybe on a retractable spring .... that we can plug into Ipod or MP3 or whetever the hell we want to. Does anyone know any friendly Helmet Makers that will listen? .. and while we're about it.. can we have a pilots style " Heads Up Display" in the visor.... lets us see the indicator lights... speedo ...flasher telling us the Cellphones ringing...perhaps local time...( althogh when Im riding.. I dont give a monkeys what the flaming time is :cheerleader:

I got a set of these for Christmas. Haven't tried em on the bike yet but they sound great. They are touted as "Sound Isolating" which is true, but by isolation they mean totally blocking outside noises! I can't hear anything with these babies rocking! They employ a Silicone ear piece (3 sizes) that inserts in your ear like a reusable earplug. I'll give em a try on the bike but I am a bit skeptical of them eliminating too much ambient noise.

Thanks for the info...I just ordered mine, they are low priced and look quality....I bought a $100 set and they were so quiet I had to take them back. Raydog

I think it's time helmet manufacturers started paying attention here and build some speakers into the lid..

probably won't happen any time soon (on a large scale at least). too many places have ordinances against headphones and music players on motorcycles. they view it as a safety issue. at least in a car you have a cage protecting you is the reasoning i've been (repeatedly) told.

a lead hanging out at the back .. or maybe on a retractable spring .... that we can plug into Ipod or MP3 or whetever the hell we want to.

i prefer the bluetooth ones myself and there are adapters for most all music players to use it too. also, no wires showing to draw attention... :whistle:

can we have a pilots style " Heads Up Display" in the visor..
well, not quite in the visor yet, but SportVue does Heads Up Display...

i prefer the bluetooth ones myself and there are adapters for most all music players to use it too. also, no wires showing to draw attention... :whistle:...

Have you had much success with connectivty using this method? I just picked up a bluetooth adapter for my ipod and am wondering if it will work well on the bike. The bike doesn't produce too much interference or anything?

My earbuds are plugged into my Bluetooth Device which is streaming my ipod and/or cell phone. Haven't had a chance to onboard test it, but it works well in car and office.

old thread but go to the Big Ear Inc and get a better set of ear phones that are molded to your ears. Perfect fit, flush and dayum nice.

product1.jpg

i refuse to pay that much for headphones. i need to find a way to wear them without wearing my head mask. .....b/c i'm not going to be wearing it in the summer time.

one of my buddies races allison cars and he was telling me about a company that makes them to fit. they make a mold just for you to fit your ears, but he said they were about 300bux. he says he cant even tell they are in there during a race and sound great

if you goto one of the motorcycle events such as the international motorcycle show etc, Big ear has a booth set up and the prices for standard earphones molded are quite cheap.
You'll never buy another set. I had a mold made for my blue tooth and it's a perfect fit, no hooks etc. Sounds better too.

jd

Back