people who listen while riding

Chatterbox.

It ain't any more of a distraction than listening to your car stereo.

If you're going to use it with your Chatterbox, get those foam earplugs. Then you can turn the music up a little louder and the wind noise is not so overwhelming, ergo, you can hear the tunes better.

Lou

(Wag @ Oct. 10 2006,08:17) Chatterbox.

It ain't any more of a distraction than listening to your car stereo.  

If you're going to use it with your Chatterbox, get those foam earplugs.  Then you can turn the music up a little louder and the wind noise is not so overwhelming, ergo, you can hear the tunes better.

Lou
I think riding a motorcycle is a hell of a lot more dangerous then driving a car. And I always thought it was funny that when driving arround looking for an address or something you turn down the music! why? because using less of your senses hightens the ones you are using. Basically, not listening to music makes it easier to pay attention and scan the horizon a lot easier for obstacles and dangerous situations.

(Rongotti @ Oct. 10 2006,14:30) I think riding a motorcycle is a hell of a lot more dangerous then driving a car. And I always thought it was funny that when driving arround looking for an address or something you turn down the music! why? because using less of your senses hightens the ones you are using. Basically, not listening to music makes it easier to pay attention and scan the horizon a  lot easier for obstacles and dangerous situations.
Valid points. I'm sure if you're driving down the freeway with some head-bangin' music, it could be more dangerous, sure.

Once in a while, I shut the tunes off and take out the earplugs so I can hear the bike and make sure it's running right.

However, I'll fall asleep without the music on a long, straight highway.

Thus, the music stays on.

In the twisties, I just change over to Bach and I'm more relaxed, my lines are better and I ride more effectively.

Thus, the music stays on.

--Wag--

(carolinadoublej @ Oct. 10 2006,16:15) I use helmet speakers like these...Work great for me

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Motorcycle-Helmet-Speakers-Thin-Bodied-High-Vol_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ0

11QQitemZ320035542728QQrdZ1" target="_blank">cheap helmet speakers</a>
that's exactly what I'm looking for, you fellas are great. FYI for the fella the recommended the regular koss ear buds, that's what I was using and they were killing my ears.

(DAB @ Oct. 10 2006,14:54) If you really want to get spendy, try the Shure E4c's ($300)

Reviewers have rated them higher than the Etymotic ER-4Ps ($330).

Depends on how fussy you are about audio quality.
keep going....

Shure E5c Sound Isolating Earphones

upwards of 500.00

I personally use the headphones from my chatterbox...all works well.

(Professor @ Oct. 10 2006,10:23) Sit down before you open the link. These are unreal. Great sound and comfortable.  They can be had for quite a bit less than retail.

Etymotic ER-6i
+1. I've heard that a $17 set made by Koss? is supposed to be well worth the money.

I think you want to do a search for a member called Rythm. He has a setup that should work.
cool.gif

I'm feeling too lazy to find a link...

I use shure e2c they can be had for around $80, I use them for 8 hrs a day 5 days a week at work. I also use them on occasion while riding. For the amount that I use them I will be happy if they last a year, so far they have made it 6 months. While they are turned off they have the same sound isolating quality as foam ear plugs. which means you don't have to turn them up very high to hear music even while riding.

Back