Ipod headphones

busa_boy_69

Registered
Okay I have a problem here. I posted a couple weeks ago that i bought an IPOD for riding which I love but I seriously can't use it with the factory headphones. The SECOND my helmet starts to slide down over my head they come out and just hang CLOSE to my ear to where I can barely hear the music. Does anyone know a headphone that will stay in place while putting the helmet on? I was thinking maybe the ones that wrap AROUND your ear??? Suggestions suggestions suggestions! lol

My Icon helmet has built in "pockets" for ear phones. I just bought the kind that hook around your ear. I removed (more like ripped off!!) the "hooky" part and slipped the ear phone into the pocket. I run the wire under the padding in the helmet. I keep the Ipod on the clear map pocket on the top of my tank bag and away I go. I keep it low --just background music--so I can still hear the bike and surrounding traffic. Nothing like pounding the pavement with a little Stones of Creed in my head!!!

I have spent way to much money getting something that fits and stays in place and these are the ones I found to be the best! little $$$$ @ $49.00 but great sound and very confrontable
biggrin.gif

Sony HeadphonesMDR-EX71SL

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin....ssories

These actually reduce ambient noise 30 db THEN let you actually hear music at any level you like, from low background to turn your brain to jelly!

E2c Sound Isolating Earphones

Why settle for standard earbuds when you can step up to the rich, full range sound found in Shure E2c Earphones? Their sound isolating sleeves block 2 to 7 times more noise than Noise Canceling headphones with no hiss added and no batteries required, so you’ll hear every detail, no matter where you are.

* Sound Isolating Design
* Speaker Type: Dynamic MicroDrivers
* Lightweight: Only 1 oz (30g)
* 2-Year Limited Warranty
* Also available in black

$109.00 MSRP
White

Lightweight, sound isolating earphones with rich, full-frequency soundstage.

Also available in black.
BcCVLxEOgj5QNtuL38JnbZh%2FVgG8th2QkRLvCkIRR%2B3O8NCM3Gay1BWawltzRjTBRIsOW6OxGoPJUQw664cQOyagS%2BRFt8TU
view larger
print page
E2c Sound Isolating Earphones

Why settle for standard earbuds when you can step up to the rich, full range sound found in Shure E2c Earphones? Their sound isolating sleeves block 2 to 7 times more noise than Noise Canceling headphones with no hiss added and no batteries required, so you’ll hear every detail, no matter where you are.

* Sound Isolating Design
* Speaker Type: Dynamic MicroDrivers
* Lightweight: Only 1 oz (30g)
* 2-Year Limited Warranty

$109.00 MSRP
Lightweight, sound isolating earphones with rich, full-frequency soundstage wU%2FIKx%2BBTsDrWoiF8fJ7PLFXvbJxW0kuQp3BratKAbDND0x6nVbKdUcrxlGHDbmzGt%2B%2BNEnSTMQ6Uk8oMblafKZd%2BckfRXME
Features
Specifications
Demo
Reviews & Awards

Originally developed for professional musicians, the E2c combines Dynamic MicroDriver speaker technology with a sound isolating design to deliver rich, full-range sound while blocking outside noise -- ideal for enhancing your listening experience with portable MP3, DVD, and CD players as well as all other audio sources.

Sound Isolating Technology
The E2c's in ear design works like an earplug to block background noise naturally. This enables you to listen comfortably at lower volumes -- even in loud environments. And unlike bulky headphones utilizing active noise cancellation technology, no artifacts are introduced into your listening experience. Sound isolating earphones are also much smaller and don't require batteries.

Speaker Type: Dynamic MicroDrivers
The E2c's speakers are constructed with studio-grade components, producing outstanding audio clarity that allows you to hear your music like never before.

Personal Fit Kit
Because every ear is different, E2c Earphones come with three pairs (small, medium, large) of disposable Foam Sleeves, and three pairs (small, medium, large) of Flex Sleeves to ensure the ideal personalized fit.

Secure In Ear Design
The soft, flexible sleeves in the Fit Kit gently contour the inside of the ear for a comfortable, secure fit so that the earphones don't fall out while you're exercising.

Low-Profile Earphone Cables
The E2c's cables pass behind the ear - out of sight and out of the way -- to provide a more comfortable, discreet fit.

Lightweight Construction
Weighing only 1 oz (30g), the E2c is lightweight and comfortable enough for any portable listening application -- packing a big punch in such a compact package.

Earphones Carrying Case
The E2c comes with a stylish, compact carrying case. The cable spool inside provides a convenient, tangle-free way to store your earphones.

Two-Year Limited Warranty
Every E2c purchased comes with a two-year limited warranty on materials and workmanship. (See warranty information)

* Speaker Type:Dynamic MicroDriver
* Sensitivity (at 1kHz): 105dB SPL/mW
* Impedance (at 1kHz): 16 Ohm
* Cable Length: E2c: 1.57m (62 inches) E2c (in black): 1.45m (56 inches)
* Net Weight: 30g (1 oz)
* Input Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo plug

Sound Isolation Demo
Hear how effective Sound Isolation is at blocking out real-world noise in the Shure Virtual Sound Lab.
Launch Demo (Flash)

How to use
It's important to fit your E2c earphones properly into your ears. Read the earphones fitting tips for help on wearing your earphones.

iPodLounge "Recommended" Seal
Both Shure's E2c and E3c earphones received a "Recommended" seal from iPodLounge.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Shure E2c mini-stereo earphones are an excellent, compact alternative to traditional large bulky studio-type headphones, providing audio performance rivaling its larger cousins."
Robert Silva, About.com, (January, 2004)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Shure E2C produces clear, smooth sound. The treble is clear and never became screechy in our tests. The midrange is balanced and well represented, and the bass is deep and not boomy at all."
Editors, Designtechnica, (July, 2003)

Chicago Innovation Awards
Sponsored by consulting firm Kuczmarski & Associates and the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper, a Chicago Innovation Award was given to Shure for the company's E2c earphone.

"When playing Call of Duty and Unreal Tournament 2004, I felt totally immersed; the [E2c] headphones gave me a feeling of surround sound."
Eugene Tsvetkov, RatePCMods, (February, 2004)

"...they're incredible... and nothing comes close to these E2c's. It's just unbelievable. You can hear so much more stuff when you're listening to music that you don't hear even with really high-end headphones... I put the Shure [E2c earphones] in, and it's just like, 'Wow!'"
Scott Sheppard, InsideMac Radio

"Awesome. Amazing. …A miniature, high-energy audio driver delivers sound reproduction that is simply stunning."
Mike Wendland and Heather Newman, Detroit Free Press (January 2003)
Beep on the Cheap - Cool Stuff at the Consumer Electronics Show for Under $200

"…One of my co-workers turned me on to the Shure E2c cans. He had them paired up with his new iPOD and was loving the results. I listened to everything from McCoy Tyner to My Bloody Valentine to Atmosphere to Mozart and the E2cs just got better and better. The E2cs are smartly designed, sound excellent, and offer good value."
Mike Wiley, ign.com (May 2003)

E2c CNET Review
reviews.cnet.com/4505-6468_7-30422090.html

"The sounds of silence-and music-just got easier to take on the road and in the air."
Hemispheres - the magazine of United (January 2003)

"The E2c's isolation is absolutely superb for when you want to get lost in the music."
Designtechnica.com
reviews.designtechnica.com/review309.html

"I highly recommend the Shure E2c Earphones. In the gym, they proved invaluable on the treadmill due to the loud gym environment and the undesirable music pumped in from the loudspeakers overhead… The Shure E2c Earphones simply blew me away."
Bruce Pechman, The Muscleman of TechnologyTM
Acrobat PDF, File Size 28KB:
www.mrbicep.com/Reviews/ShureE2cEarphones_Review.pdf

"The E2c sounds great with any music source; recommended highly."
Robert Silva - hometheater.guide@about.com hometheater.about.com/cs/headphones/gr/aashuree2c.htm

More Reviews...
You may also like:
E3c Sound Isolating Earphones

Orange Foam Sleeves
For E2, I2, and QuietSpot Versions. Reusable, disposable foam sleeves. S, M, L .

Link

P.S.- Got mine on ebay for $80.

<!--EDIT|Shibumi
Reason for Edit: "P.S."|1152454615 -->

Shure.jpg

I use Koss headphones. $20 bucks at Bestbuy. They have the compressible foam tips, so they will conform to the inside of your ear. I wear them all the time and they work great and have excellent sound.

I use Koss headphones. $20 bucks at Bestbuy. They have the compressible foam tips, so they will conform to the inside of your ear. I wear them all the time and they work great and have excellent sound.
+1 on the koss,they are foam like ear plugs and the audio quality is about the same as factory ipod units.I think best buy still has them if not I think I have an extra new set you can have.

i could not use in ear earphones. one would move around or to hard to put the helmet on. i found helmet speakers on e-bay. thin cloth speakers that velcro in the helmet ear pockets. easy in the same spot every time and i can here , licence and insurance please. i`ve tryed about 90$ worth of headphones before i tryed thease. they were only 25$.

I had the same problem of them falling out. I just bought the earbuds at best buy for 20 bucks. The block the sound out and stay in your ears well. I love them.

I have both Koss earbud and Shure's. Earbuds= 20 bucks, Shures = about 145.00. The shures suck.....worst money I ever spent.

The Ipod earphones give me migranes.

I dropped 10.00 on the sony MDR-J10 Linky and they work fine for me.

B0000CE1UO.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V57229007_.jpg

I'm using Shure E2c Sound Isolating Earphones too ... Probably the best product in its class .

etymotic er6i isolators for me too. These are "earbuds"...in ear model and they actually block out more ambient sound than the Bose acoustic ones. I read from some other comments the Shures are bigger and hard to get the helmet on/off with them although they sound good. Best bet is to try them from someone with a good return policy...

Back