Icy and Hot Therapy For Pain

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Only a few of you know this (unless people have been talking about me amongst yourselves)

But about 4 weeks ago I had a back injury. Been off work for about 3 weeks.

The MRI results are that my disc between L4 and L5 is bludging and the hole the nerve roots come out is smaller than normal

The disc between L5 and S1 is also buldging with the same problems.

I will say at least they are buldging and not ruptured.

Kind of in pretty bad pain. I know some of you out there know better than I do what I am talking about (truwrecks comes to mind)

Well besdide the whole dics being jacked up, my left foot being numb due to either a pinchd or damaged nerve, I am also having problems with my left leg cramping from just undert the buttocks all the way to my calf, to the point where I can barely walk without pain.

The good news is that I discoverd applying Icy Hot to my legs and massaging really hard relieves this pain and stiffness.

As with anything you get used to something.

When you first start shaving you are really carefull, it is only when you get used to shaving that you get a little faster and this is when you usually cut yourself.

Same thing with motorcycles. at first you are usually very carefull when you learn to ride becaue you hear how dangerous they are. Usually you do fine because you are so cautious, it is usually only when we become comfortable that we push ourself and we get hurt.

The application is Icy Hot is no differant I found out.

Today I was applying Icy Hot to my buttocks and I was trying to massage it in kind of fast and hard and well... the next thing you know I got a little too close to the ol one way check valve and packed it with some icy HOT OMG!!! that fricken stung!!!

So I just get back from the doctors and my left leg is totally stiff and painful to walk.

So I limp to my bedroom anticipating the relief that I will soon experiancing by applying the ICY HOT to my legs again.

This time I am very carefull as to now get to close to the well you know what.

So I am doing this with my underwear down a little. Next thing I know the boys (a.k.a. nut sack) begins to burn like a beyotch and I think to myself "oh crap!! I just got Icy Hot on my nuts!!!"

I discovered nothing gets it off, cold water doesnt help, cant wipe it off. I then happen to glance at the top of the Icy Hot jar and it reads

Icy and Hot Therapy for Pain.

And I think to myself. well it isnt false advertising, it caused a great deal of pain.

Anyway, please excuse me while I go soak the boys in a glass of milk, I know it usually works for spciy foods, maybe it will work for my flaming nut sack :banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
:rofl: :bounce: :rofl:

Sorry Ron - But it's funny. I needed that laugh.

:rofl: I'm sorry Ron, I know it's not funny, but yet it is...

Icy Hot is some deadly stuff in the wrong places LOL

Flaming nut sack :rofl: :whistle:

PS - I kinda know what you're going through....don't ask :banghead:

Use heat for sore muscles, and ice for nerve pain. Don't mess with Icy Hot or Mineral Ice. Both are great for muscle pain. They made nerve pain worse.

had almost the same experance but the flaming sac did take my mind off my back and hips. man I miss viox.

cant be as bad as our oldest (now at Ft Knox doing basics) gave my oldest son some ben gay for his special happy time... we still joke about it to this day

OMG!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry to laugh, but.......... da#$!!!!! :laugh:

I truely hope you are feeling better. I would stick with the heating pad or a bag of peas!!!! :moon: (sorry couldn't resist!!!) ;)

Run around the house naked, Cool them boys off. Oh, Sorry Thasherfox, I forgot about the back. I bet you'll be more carefull where you apply the Icey Hot stuff from here on out. Yea, I've done it, I know what it's like.

Couple discs....woooo BIG fuggin deal. Dont make me post up MY MRI's.

T-Fox has no azz. Trust me...I chequed it in Vegas. :whistle:

The Rubber.

Back