My saturday cycle therapy session

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
As the east coasters know, yesterday and today have been our first real taste of Spring. I thought about getting a group ride together, but the more I mulled it over, the more I thought a mind-clearing solo ride was in order. Right up until the actual time of departure I had no idea where the roads would take me. As it turned out, I headed northwest from my location in the WV eastern panhandle and finally ended up in Cumberland, MD before finding another route home. The weather was in the high 60's for most of the day, and the ride felt soooo good. I took a few pics of the sights so you can get a feel for WV and MD in March.

First stop was Berkeley Springs, WV. It's a nice historic town (also known as Bath, WV) because of the natural hot springs there. I like going here each October as well for the Apple Butter Festival they have.

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

A little history on a sign in front of the Spring house

Someone's "house" in Berkeley Springs

In this case, a parked Hayabusa is NOT faster than a speeding locomotive

One of many scenic overlooks on Rt. 9 West between Berkeley Springs and Paw Paw, WV

There are lots of big rocks in them there hills

The Busa "living on the edge"

This church has seen better days...

An old rusted out bridge crossing the Cacapon River

Descending into the great metropolis of Paw Paw, WV

A lonely barn just across the WV border in Maryland

Why take the boring interstate below (68 east) when you can take scenic Rt. 40 in the hills above?

Just another steep graded road (with a fixer-upper residence on the left. Lots of those along these roads by the way.)

Finally, kicking back and letting the Thottlemeister take me home... What a great day for a ride!

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
pics!!

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

Nice pics,one of if not the best lookin Busa on the board!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142160452 -->

Great shots...it's hard to believe out here in northern cal. it's snowing so close to spring. Nice pics.
cool.gif

Back