I Think I'm Done Being Generous

Cool thread B .

You da man !

:super:
Bryan Smalls.jpeg

When you give something away you always risk the person thinking they played you or something.
There's nothing you can do about it when your disappointed by people but keep your expectations high when it comes to gratitude. If you expect people are going to acknowledge your kindness, you probably show gratitude when someone is kind to you. That's good standard for everyone to live by.

Give away parts and shipping for free.
Get a thank you...cool. :thumbsup:

Do a member a solid.
Get nothing in return...O well.

Post members screen name....
They get no more goodies...

They be get labelled... "Velly bad man"

No more parts for them.
It's un-written "Org Code" :D
Rubb.

Not to be a Pollyanna, but a good deed is own reward.
That does not excuse ungrateful or inconsiderate conduct.
If I were an ayatollah, I've have him flogged in the public square.
You did the right thing. All that matters.
I thank you on his behalf - because your kindness reaffirms the good in our species. His behavior is what I expect.
Per the junkie who sold the bike, that's the disease talking. My wife, a mental health pro who specializes in addiction, always tells me that.
When he sobers up again, one of his steps will be to make amends for all wrongs. Only those who do that - and take the lesson to heart - beat their addiction. The rest must have our condolences.
Geez, I've become a wuss!

Heard from the guy I sent the axle to this morning and he is doing some cool stuff with it so I'm happy again. Seems like he is out on the edges so I hope he posts. He copied the OEM axle and is making a Tungsten copy. Pretty fasinating. Now we have @c10 and this guy on the making parts heavy side, Lol!

Anyway glad I didn't drop names. All's well that ends well.

Sometimes you’re promised something and it never arrives.

Oh well...

but don’t ask me what I think of you,

I might not give the answer that you want me to.

Fleetwood Mac

I don't really give a fug what you think of me.
I must have missed something.
I followed your request if that's what you are referencing.
Perhaps you can get with all the other members I have promised something to...that they didn't get.
You can start a little club...
Call it Rubb's a fughead and shi77y org member.
See ya...

issue.png

;)

Had a real good one that happened a couple of years ago.... Was in sales and issued a standard company car etc.
Sales secretary tells me the brakes in her car are going and doesn’t have the cash to fix them. So I offer to buy, pick up the parts for her and the next evening we’ll swap cars and I’ll drive hers home and do the brakes. Well we go our separate ways and doesn’t she hit a deer on the way home. Company car ends up having about $2,700 worth of damage - she refuses to have anything to do with it and barely even pays me for her brake parts. I got stuck with the $500 deductible as work was not impressed with me swapping the car.
Long story short, I’ll still do anyone a favour, but she’s definitely off my list....

I don't really give a fug what you think of me.
I must have missed something.
I followed your request if that's what you are referencing.
Perhaps you can get with all the other members I have promised something to...that they didn't get.
You can start a little club...
Call it Rubb's a fughead and shi77y org member.
See ya...

View attachment 1624270

;)

Maybe I’m missing something. (You) said Oh well, which reminded me if the old Fleetwood Mac song of the same name. I listed some lyrics and even typed Fleetwood Mac after. You also mentioned some request I made. I haven’t made any requests of you or anyone else. As for the rest of your drivel, I didn’t get it. But that’s pretty normal trying to read most of your posts so, lighten up Francis...

WOW! I'm sorry to disappoint and I am very grateful for your kindness. Ive been out of town and I really don't spend a lot of time here. When I opened the package yesterday I immediately made a note to thank you which is the first thing I did this morning. Sorry for all the drama.

WOW! I'm sorry to disappoint and I am very grateful for your kindness. Ive been out of town and I really don't spend a lot of time here. When I opened the package yesterday I immediately made a note to thank you which is the first thing I did this morning. Sorry for all the drama.
All good bro I got your PM.

For the record, I only read the first few sentences of your first post. I'm refraining from reading through this two-page thread. I don't want to get all twisted reading a bunch of comments and have to start blocking people so you're all off the hook
:lol:
Fortunately I didn't mention any names so things didn't get too personal. We will talk about you like a dog if you don't show us that tungsten axle though!:beerchug:

I see that a guy on here is looking for an OEM front axle. I have one sitting in a box from when I switched to Ti axles. So I PM him and he responds, sends his address. Seems like a decent guy so I send it to him and told him no charge, pay it forward - that's how we roll. I check the tracking number to see if it got there and it says it's been delivered. So I PM him and ask if he got it. Crickets. He couldn't even say thanks when I gave him the part and shipped it for free to him.

To be honest most of the stuff I have given away here went to cool people who used it and had fun with it. But this is the last part I give away to someone I don't know.
Sorry to hear that. I know if that was me I would be going out of my way to thank you and try to return the favor in any way I could. I hope it doesn't deter you from helping good people, but I know there's a lot of suckasses out there.

So when I typed the post I had the person's name in it. I decided that would not be productive. When you give something away you always risk the person thinking they played you or something. As the saying goes "give because you want be be a person willing to help, not to be a person famous for helping". Now that I know this guy is low integrity, it's best to be done with him and putting his name in here would just mean more back and forth. Besides, doing it this way leaves the door open for him to make it right.

I posted this mainly to remind people that if you want the generosity of this group then at a minimum you should at least be decent.
Arch it is always a risk & sometimes people disappoint, show their true nature over small things. I take these not as set backs but see them as the blessings they are. For a relatively small amount these people quickly reveal their character adverting a possible more costly trust issue that could have taken place in the future. I look at it as I got off easy for the cheap price of X they think they got over but really played themselves. Arch I know 1st hand you are a seasoned intelligent man who measures the need/worthiness of those who request items. You sent me a shock out of no where after asking me a few to the point questions, then paid the shipping in addition. The fact that I hadn't asked for the part, you tested my intentions then made an informed decision which was humbling and reminded me some people are good natured & not to give up on mankind as a whole. Some mistake generosity for weakness!

Back