OMG, I think I'm a coffee drinker...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Almost 40, never touched the stuff...now, with the hematologist saying I need to curb my really nasty "Goody's Headache Powder" habit, I've been drinking two cups in the morning at work. Folks here are in shock and laugh each time I walk by with a hot cup...

Best news?! No headache!! :woot:

Did I just trade in one nasty habit for a whole new one? :rofl:

P.S. Sorry Omar :whistle:

I drink coffee all day. I love the stuff. But just be aware that caffine restricts blood flow. I have tried to cut back, but I do like it.

I drink coffee all day. I love the stuff. But just be aware that caffine restricts blood flow. I have tried to cut back, but I do like it.

So, probably not going to help my severe anemia? :laugh:

Damn it, I can't win! :banghead:

:lol:

DEMMYN, I drank a Dr. Pepper every day of my life for years, through pregnancies, you name it...then it was a Pepsi a day...I always feel so bad after drinking sodas, so for months I've just been sticking to fruit juices and water, but I'm also downing Goody's far too often for the headaches. Figured I'd try coffee to avoid taking the powdery drug every day for breakfast :laugh:

DEMMYN, I drank a Dr. Pepper every day of my life for years, through pregnancies, you name it...then it was a Pepsi a day...I always feel so bad after drinking sodas, so for months I've just been sticking to fruit juices and water, but I'm also downing Goody's far too often for the headaches. Figured I'd try coffee to avoid taking the powdery drug every day for breakfast :laugh:

Hope the coffee works for you, But like you said, One vice for another. We all have them.

trick to coffee is that its full of caffeine which is basically whats helping the headaches I'm sure. The other side of it, there's a ton of diuretics in it so you'll be trading your headache slumber for the multiple trips to the recycling center :whistle:

BTW crack doesnt have the caffeine so I'd recommend some other avenue for when the coffee becomes less effective :rofl:

On a more serious note, do you eat a "normal" breakfast or just the liquid gold?

trick to coffee is that its full of caffeine which is basically whats helping the headaches I'm sure. The other side of it, there's a ton of diuretics in it so you'll be trading your headache slumber for the multiple trips to the recycling center :whistle:

BTW crack doesnt have the caffeine so I'd recommend some other avenue for when the coffee becomes less effective :rofl:

On a more serious note, do you eat a "normal" breakfast or just the liquid gold?

Zuk, since having kids, I never make it through a night's sleep without waking up to pee :laugh: This is nothing new...

I eat a breakfast...usually yogurt and a banana, or a bowl of cereal and juice...I just down too many Goody's after that for the daily headaches I have had for years...

Zuk, since having kids, I never make it through a night's sleep without waking up to pee :laugh: This is nothing new...

I eat a breakfast...usually yogurt and a banana, or a bowl of cereal and juice...I just down too many Goody's after that for the daily headaches I have had for years...

Ya know its funny, since Abbie was born I tend to P at least once a nice but Alison sleeps all night long .... dunno how that worked out :laugh:

Are they sending you to a dietitian as part of the iron therapy? Maybe there's something you can include in the morning routine that will help with everything? Glad you worked out the headaches though, dont know if I could deal with them like you have :bowdown:

Ya know its funny, since Abbie was born I tend to P at least once a nice but Alison sleeps all night long .... dunno how that worked out :laugh:

Are they sending you to a dietitian as part of the iron therapy? Maybe there's something you can include in the morning routine that will help with everything? Glad you worked out the headaches though, dont know if I could deal with them like you have :bowdown:

I have my iron infusion at the cancer center on Monday...6 hours long...in mid December I am scheduled for the work-ups no one likes LOL Colonoscopy and a check on my upper GI to see why I'm so anemic. I'm not losing blood in any noticable way, so the doc wants to do a once-over and then we go from there...

I did get word from my Mom last night (she's in CO) that she's been through this too, as well as cousins on her side. Severe anemia, and after all the usual tests and even swallowing a camera to see what might be going on, no one has yet found what causes the anemia. My Mom gave me some tips on things to include in my diet to keep my iron up; neither she nor I are huge red meat eaters which doesn't help whatever it is we have...

You have no idea how nice it is right now to not have my usual headache! I'm sure I'll eventually get used to this caffeine level and need more, then I'm truly a caffeine addict and that'll be the cause of my headaches LOL

*sigh* Can't win, but I keep on trying :laugh:

Drinking coffee is a prerequisite to dragging knee!

Without that luscious hot java the knee never gets down! :cheerleader:

I drink 2 to 3 pots of coffee a day. Not only is it good for headaches, it also helps asthma.
until the caffeine headache hits you.. We get some migraine pt's that swing both ways...

I wonder how you could "tax" caffeine ... is something of a drug huh? :laugh:

I don't drink the stuff myself.

One time though I was feeling tired in the afternoon and a friend suggested I drink some coffee. I thought what the heck so I made a pot full and drank the whole darn thing....I was lit up like a Christmas tree till wee hours in the morning. Don't think my house has ever been that clean again:laugh:

I don't drink the stuff myself.

One time though I was feeling tired in the afternoon and a friend suggested I drink some coffee. I thought what the heck so I made a pot full and drank the whole darn thing....I was light up like a Christmas tree till wee hours in the morning. Don't think my house has ever been that clean again:laugh:

Hrmmm, so even more good side effects?! :rofl:

I'm not buying myself a coffee pot just yet...but, if my house could use the extra attention, I may be persuaded LOL

Back