I think i understand, now...

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I just feel like babbling.... *for fun while i wait for my latest youtube vids to upload.
smile.gif

PART I:

Ok, I think I understand why people want to mod their bikes. I'm not Sigmund Frued, but I'll give it a shot...

I think it's because when you first get your busa, there is a great sensation you feel. You've got a busa! It's the best bike and you know it! You feel special! It's new to you! You want to look at it every chance and ride it every chance you get! You're in heaven, etc... even addicted.

It's like having a new girl... she's the most beautiful thing to you at the beginning. Later, if you don't pay her enough attention, she becomes static. Just there.

After time... it's all not so new. It becomes just another "thing" you own... and are paying for (if you're poor like me and had to finance).

Getting mods done is a way to make the bike feel new again. Hey, getting your girl new clothes/jewelry is the same. It's also a way to make the bike "your own" compared to others. We (most busa owners!) are men... we want some change. To the female busa owners, it can be the same. You want your man to change, too. You want him to quit his nasty habits. So, if you are a female busa owner... you want your man your way! A busa can be like Burger King....

Or... if you are just a complete biker to the core and have money to burn... you want your busa to be the fastest busa there is and you'll spend $$$ jacking it up to its fullest potential. You are a rare breed and are respected by me... I'm not in your league (yet). I respect those who can actually take the busa to its limits and have the cash to get it done. I don't mean those who can't ride and just pose. I mean true riders who can do it all and want their busa to go beyond what the folks at Suzuki ever imagined.......

INTERMISSION (curtain falls, music plays)

PART II:

I know I first said I'd never mod my busa. At the time I meant it. Still... I really could live with my busa "as is". But, yes, I do want to cut off that crappy shovel off the rear!!! Why? To make the bike look more clean and smooth. It just doesn't belong. It doesn't bother me that much now, but I definitely plan to have it shaved off or just break down and get a completely new undertail to fix my busa's a$$.

We all have our own tastes/opinions about how the busa should look. I just happen to think the bike looks best if it has a clean look to it. I don't like the grab bar mod because (1) It doesn't look right to me (2) I just think it looks bad... no need for a (3)! Personal opinion... nothing more.

I like having two pipes sticking out the back because it makes the bike look more powerful to the regular joe/jane who sees the bike on the road. Hey, to most people 2 pipes look more powerful than one. I also like the look of having two big pipes staring down people behind me. I'm not at the point of my busa career to even think about upping it and getting a more powerful system. I'm content with it right now and I'm sure I will be for another year... that is if I don't sell my 06 and get an 07.

I'm getting a double bubble next week. It's a definite "must buy" add-on, I think. The stock screen just sucks. That's a fact.

Kickstand... well... if you have a lowered busa, it's needed. If you plan to park while facing downhill, it's needed. If you park facing uphill or park on a level surface... you should be fine if you turn the wheel inside left and lock it up in gear. This mod will always be open to debate. I don't have it done (yet). I'll never say never, though. Again, I respect everyone's thoughts on this particular mod.

Reflectors... not a mod. But it's certainly a thing to take care of right away. I waited to remove mine but finally did it after about 700 miles. The bike definitely looks better without them. I think with them on, it makes you like a noob too much. But it's still a matter of personl opinion. I agree with others who've said that they really won't offer any real protection/noticeability at night.

Ok that's all I feel like typing right now. I know that I left out certain points. I left out that 2 pipes doesn't mean more power, etc... and I know I didn't say everything I wanted. I'm drinking some Jack/Coke, listening to some music, upping movies to youtube, watching Wedding Crashers on cable... but I still hope this thread leads to some kind of discussion or just simple entertainment on da org! Thanks for reading! Part I was the real topic, but I just kept going into part II because my fingers just couldn't stop moving!!!!!!!

Have a great rest-of Saturday night and a great Sunday!

Always... thanks hayabusa.org for having me! I love it here! I never stop learning from this site!!!

I agree about the shovel a$$. That's my next mod. If you don't have a TRE yet you'll love it. Maybe get the GI Pro w/ATRE

Most of my mods have been to make the busa a little better/manageable in the corners.  Raised the rear an inch, 55 profile on the rear tire, ohlin's internals for the forks, ohlins steering damper, & carbone lorraine brake pads.

That's the great thing about the busa, out of the crate its an all around bike.  But you can mod it to be great at anything, such as a tourer, drag strip, trackdays/canyons, cruiser, bling blinger, and exotic(supercharger etc...). Or just leave it stock to be good at everything.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154229919 -->

Mods....we don't need no stinking mods...Mods are for wimps...Ride It Stock
tounge.gif

Most of my mods have been to make the busa a little better/manageable in the corners.  Raised the rear an inch, 55 profile on the rear tire, ohlin's internals for the forks, ohlins steering damper, & carbone lorraine brake pads.

That's the great thing about the busa, out of the crate its an all around bike.  But you can mod it to be great at anything, such as a tourer, drag strip, trackdays/canyons, cruiser, bling blinger, and exotic(supercharger etc...).  Or just leave it stock to be good at everything.
Thanks for the reply Charles... I think you hit it right on the money.

I think mods are what we all want them to be... for us.

Thanks, again!

I also created this topic for new busa owners to read.... to know that they don't need to give in to any pressure... and to just do what they want with their bike(s).

Sorry... I still hate the grab bar hump mod!!! hahaha!!! I bet this post shows up in searches for it... awww. I'm sorry for that! I still hate it! But like I said, it's just a matter of choice! But....

What good does the grab bar DO on with the hump on???

What?

I just do NOT see the need for the bar on while the hump is on....

What IS the need? Why is it needed?

The only conclusion I can come up with is this: Some people think the grab bar ON while the hump is on looks good. That's it! Because it offers nothing to the rider or passenger... because a passenger cannot ride with the hump on unless they are a munchkin from The Wizard of Oz!!!!

Si?

Thanks for hearing me.... I'm always here... I love it here!!!! Without you I am nothing!!!!!!

The grab bar mod is done to make it easier to switch from the hump to the seat without having to remove the bar. It could work as a spoiler too I guess, but probably not
tounge.gif

PaNDeM1C

I think your in Grab-Bar HumpMod Denial...it is ok to come out of the closet, and tell the world that you really want to do this mod. You have made more posts about this mod, than the rest of the entire members here combined.

I know you will come back with some sort of remark about how useless the mod is, or how much you hate it, etc...but after denial comes acceptance.

The mod is nice to put the bike on the rear-stand - leverage, ya know - keeps the Bike from falling over in the garage. As far as looks, I can take it or leave it, but it is nice not having to get out the wratchet and sockets everytime the fiance wants to go for a ride.

I can assist you with the mod if you need help
biggrin.gif
Maybe its not the looks that have ya all upset, maybe its having to use a dremel that really makes you this way...Dremels can have this effect on some people
wow.gif

Ok, I understand it now... to a point. The reason for having the grab bar there is so you can apply the seat OR the hump without ever removing the grab bar........

Ok. Nice. Sure, it's a nice mod. I still do not like how it looks with the hump on. Like I said, I respect everyone's view(s) about it all....

Thanks for the replies... keep 'em coming! I love hearing peoples' replies on subjects that concern us all....

PaNDeM1C

I think your in Grab-Bar HumpMod Denial...it is ok to come out of the closet, and tell the world that you really want to do this mod. You have made more posts about this mod, than the rest of the entire members here combined.

I know you will come back with some sort of remark about how useless the mod is, or how much you hate it, etc...but after denial comes acceptance.

The mod is nice to put the bike on the rear-stand - leverage, ya know - keeps the Bike from falling over in the garage. As far as looks, I can take it or leave it, but it is nice not having to get out the wratchet and sockets everytime the fiance wants to go for a ride.

I can assist you with the mod if you need help
biggrin.gif
 Maybe its not the looks that have ya all upset, maybe its having to use a dremel that really makes you this way...Dremels can have this effect on some people
wow.gif
I should have quoted you before, so doing it now... just so you know I read your post my friend!!!

Hey... can the hump grab bar mod be UN-DONE?

Sorry, Val! You know I dig you!!! But I just do NOT like the mod!!!

Sorry! I guess I've said "sorry" too many times.......

... sorry!!!

Keep on riding.... and don't wreck that gorgeous bike!!!!

P!!!

Back