How bad is this, coffee numbers...

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I started at the gym about a month ago and went over some stuff with my "Physical Trainer/Coach". They look at your goals and lifestyle and then nitpick you to pieces. This one thing killed me though. My story started back in October. I'm 36 this year, 5'11" and weighed in at 232 lbs., the heaviest I've ever been. I've never worked out a day in my life, I needed help. I drastically changed my diet and with "NO" exercise managed to drop down to 198 lbs at the 2nd week on January. I have wanting to join the gym for a while and haven't had the drive... I joined and started doing Cardio only (about 50 minutes) for the first three weeks 4 times a week averaging 600-650 calories per workout, what a difference in the way I feel.

I feel better now than I ever have...

Now the scary part. I was a serious coffee drinker, probably 2 plus gallons a day, light and sweet.

This is based on the amount of cream etc. put into a medium coffee(14 oz) from DD for “extra lightâ€￾…

Light Cream has:

240 calories

200 from fat

20 grams fat 32% of daily recommended

12 grams of sat. fat 72% of daily recommended

Half n Half has:

160 calories

120 calories from fat

14 grams of fat 20% of daily recommended

8 grams of sat. fat 40% of daily recommended

Whole Milk has:

75 calories

35 calories from fat

4 grams of fat 6% of daily recommended

2.5 grams of sat. fat 12% of daily recommended

Now think almost 20 times that per day, why was I getting so fat. It's a good thing I have a physical job and don't sit at a desk, I'd be 350 lbs instead...

Hope this makes you think a little, I'm not gonna preach, I was fat and lazy for a very long time.

I now drink 2 10 oz. cups a day...

I went through your plite. I was 246 at 5'11'' Got down to 183 with a 32 inch waist. Back up a little bit but I am going down again. Coffee for me became 2 [b]Spleda[/b] (no calories or fat) and 2 spoons of skim milk. You realy want to have some fun. look at the so called diet bars i.e. atkins so on so forth. They are normaly just as bad as candy bars just no carbs

C'mon guys, be butch. Drink it black like I do.
biggrin.gif

Dan

I went through your plite. I was 246 at 5'11'' Got down to 183 with a 32 inch waist. Back up a little bit but I am going down again. Coffee for me became 2 [b]Spleda[/b] (no calories or fat) and 2 spoons of skim milk. You realy want to have some fun. look at the so called diet bars i.e. atkins so on so forth. They are normaly just as bad as candy bars just no carbs
Same weakness here .....sweet coffee & Dr. Pepper !!! Been lifting weights for about 8 years now ......If it wasn't for my beverage addictions , I might actually be in good shape . I love Caffeine !!! .........At least it's a legal drug !!
laugh.gif

If you guys would just stop drinking it and get your fix with a pill...Caffeine & aspirin a potent weight loss combo...

Recipe for a good cup of coffee:

Fill pot to 12 cup line with water, then pour into water compartment on coffee maker
Add 6 full scoops of coffee (approx 2 tablespoons each scoop) and then add another one for the pot
Let coffee maker do its thing....

Pour ya a cup of java and sit back and enjoy the flavor... prefer Costa Rican or Samatra beans.

BLACK and STRONG is the way I likes me coffee....
tounge.gif

Hot, black, strong and bitter. I used to think I drank a lot of coffee......until I read DNGrumpy's post. 2 gallons a day? DAYUM, does he ever sleep?

Biggest secret.... add two tea spoons of sugar when making 6 cups coffee in coffemaker....Just add sugar to the coffee and mix it before putting in cofeemaker. It makes cofee strong and taste like every cup has 2 teaspoons of sugar...

I could lay in bed with a cup and fall alseep. I never got the coffee keeps you up thing... Withdrawal, yeah, I'm a migraine person and there was about two weeks of killer headaches, not exactly Migraine kind, I throw up non-stop when those happen. Just really bad headaches and mega irritable...

I started at the gym about a month ago and went over some stuff with my "Physical Trainer/Coach". They look at your goals and lifestyle and then nitpick you to pieces. This one thing killed me though. My story started back in October. I'm 36 this year, 5'11" and weighed in at 232 lbs., the heaviest I've ever been. I've never worked out a day in my life, I needed help. I drastically changed my diet and with "NO" exercise managed to drop down to 198 lbs at the 2nd week on January. I have wanting to join the gym for a while and haven't had the drive... I joined and started doing Cardio only (about 50 minutes) for the first three weeks 4 times a week averaging 600-650 calories per workout, what a difference in the way I feel.

I feel better now than I ever have...

Now the scary part. I was a serious coffee drinker, probably 2 plus gallons a day, light and sweet.

This is based on the amount of cream etc. put into a medium coffee(14 oz) from DD for “extra lightâ€￾…

Light Cream has:

240 calories

200 from fat

20 grams fat 32% of daily recommended

12 grams of sat. fat 72% of daily recommended

Half n Half has:

160 calories

120 calories from fat

14 grams of fat 20% of daily recommended

8 grams of sat. fat 40% of daily recommended

Whole Milk has:

75 calories

35 calories from fat

4 grams of fat 6% of daily recommended

2.5 grams of sat. fat 12% of daily recommended

Now think almost 20 times that per day, why was I getting so fat. It's a good thing I have a physical job and don't sit at a desk, I'd be 350 lbs instead...

Hope this makes you think a little, I'm not gonna preach, I was fat and lazy for a very long time.

I now drink 2 10 oz. cups a day...
Good for you, keep at it.

Back