I need cheap hand guns

They don't make 'em like they used to.

I have a Taurus millennium pro in 9mm I would depend on. Cheap, great gun. Model 609b

But I am going with glock 19. Or a smith 686+ 7 shot stainless revolver in 357.

some classes do not allow hipoint / other / cheap / inexpensive guns on their range for good reason...if your defending your life cheap should not be in the equation

A gun is just another piece of machinary and will perform as well as its is maintained.
As with ANY gun you will always have the one person who has had that POS at one time. (Glock for me) Everyones experiances vary greatly.
Just do your own research and go with what you can afford, maintain and you and your family can shoot comfortably and confidently.
My own personal preferance . . .

Beretta 92FS, M9. Its what I was trained with in the military, what I carry, what I can afford, what I can maintain blindfolded and shoot very well. But thats just me:laugh:

Misc. Phone pics 01July12 012.jpg

Misc. Phone pics 01July12 012.jpg

i own a Kel-Tec P11 9mm....small frame very light weight 10 round mag. it is my conceal carry firearm. packs a punch for as little as it is. very smooth firing have had no jams and no complaints nor problems with the way it operates or fires. picked it up for 200 bones out the door. easily concealable. the only downfall i have found is with female shooters...if they have smaller hands they have a tendency to not always be able to wrap their hands fully and comfortably around the firearm (as was the problem with my ex girlfriend) the p11 features a 9lb trigger pull which obviously is a little harder to pull back for some females and when a round is chambered the trigger is set further forward than most so the issue with the small hands and not being able to wrap their hand fully around to operate the trigger becomes tricky. i personally have no complaints about the firearm but if you are looking for something for your wife or daughter to use this may not be the best choice. just my opinion so no offense intended. here are some pictures of the firearm just for an idea

9m 003 - Copy.jpg

9m 004 - Copy.jpg

Not for any other reason than to make a point, I'm gonna say this...

The people that bash HiPoint and KelTec, etc weapons based on price are not really understanding the point. This is the same reason Harley guys hate Japanese cruisers, they say they are cheap, etc.. With Glock, HK, etc, you are paying for the name. Yes, there are better R&D originally in their designs, but after the first couple thousand pistols are produced, its all profit.

I wouldn't hesitate to put a KelTec or a Ruger in my bug out bag.. The main reason I don't like HiPoints isn't based on reliability, its based on weight and the fact that they rust..

200$ m57 tukarov goes bang every time and ammo is 3$ for 20 rounds... very similar to a 1911 in dissasembly, shots straight and hot... will possibly pierce body armor also due to the round.

Imho I would find a used service glock, a remington 870 18" shotgun, and a cheap (dpms spikes etc) ar. You could have about 1200 in all these, have a good form of protection and hunting capabilities and they are all light and way easy to find parts for. 3 pistols are going to limit your capabilities and a cheap gun is going have a cheap fit I.e. accuracy is not there, linked barrels are not inherently accurate anyway. I've never seen cheap gun parts (keltec hipoint jennings) on a shelf either. a revolver would be good but I wouldn't take one over an auto just for capacity reasons.

rock island armory 1911 can get them for about 300 a piece and anybody can shoot a 1911 accurately and they have a proven track record. A buddy of mine has put 10k+ rounds through his rock island and its never had a single hiccup.

Back