I need cheap hand guns

dragonbusa

Registered
I"m putting together three bug out bags and I need three cheap hand guns. I"m want to go with 9mm. I dont care about this feature or that feature. I have two needs, cheap and wont jam. smaller frame would be a plus for my wife and dauther, I can shoot any thing. what would you suggest?

cheap is relative (like if somone said I want a cheap bike in 1300cc)..whats the number youre looking at spending? also in some cases you get what you pay for and features be damned I agree, but if youre buggin out then sh*t has already hit the fan. not a good time to compromise. but hi point C9 i believe it is, is th first thing to come to mind

considering what u want it for probably a better option since its double action and wont have to be carried cocked and locked or worse somone pulls it tries to fire and its NOT cocked. youre not talking about puttin a bajillion rounds thru them so pretty much anything works for your application. definetly shoot clean and function check em every now and then since theyll just be sittin in bags

MY 2 CENTS: look into a snub-nosed revolver specially since wife/daughter may also need to use it. Less areas to "worry about" in a revolver VS. semi-auto which may prove challenging (NOT you, perhaps wife or daughter) in times of panic: mag release button, slide release lever, decock lever, safety, feed ramp, ejection port.

MY 2 CENTS: look into a snub-nosed revolver specially since wife/daughter may also need to use it. Fewer moving parts in a revolver VS. semi-auto which may prove challenging (NOT you, perhaps wife or daughter) in times of panic: mag release button, slide release lever, decock lever, safety, feed ramp, ejection port.
Point well taking, that was my first thought when I started looking, then I found I could get a 9mm for about the same $$$ as a double action revolver. I think your right though, the double action revoler is fool proof, point and skweezzz

Many owners have their PET caliber but SHOT PLACEMENT is ultimately the key factor. So what gun/caliber combo can you guys get proficient with?
P.S. Never shot a 10mm but I had a Desert eagle in 44 mag and that thing was a handful

32860d1316117270-best-caliber-stopping-power-image-2845865616.jpg

Krom 10mm is one of the nicest calibers ive ever shot. Super smooth. More powerful but less muzzle flip because ignition is longer due to Addtl case length. It is one of if not the only concealable caliber you can get that will basically shoot flat out to 100yds.

To the op, a bugout bag is to be used only in case of emergency, a serious one. Get a gun that has proven it can last and buy a bag of spare parts for it. The only gun I can think of that suits this is a Glock. One simple punch can disassemble the entire thing. A small bag of key spare parts and a Glock and you're good to go till the second coming. I really don't like guns with rivets or no removable staked pins. There is nothing you can't fix in less than a minute in a cave on a Glock. Can't say same for most other autos.

I like Blanca's reasoning about the Glock, but in my mind, you're gonna run out of ammo before you need to worry about parts needed for your weapon of choice.

I'd stay away from the HiPoints on this one simply because of ease of takedown (or lack thereof for these guns) NOT reliability.

Revolvers are ALWAYS a good option for bug out bags, also are you keeping the bags in a safe, or will you have to worry about moisture, etc?

Whatever you get, I'd recommend a 9mm simply because if Armaggedon does come about, having the most common caliber will only help your cause..

If you are like me and just making one for the random what if's and not the end of the world as we know it, any pistol will work just fine.

If you are looking cheap, look at the Smith and Wesson Sigma series as well, or pick up some used Ruger P95's for cheap. Rugers ALWAYS go bang...

I had a P95 and it the highest piece of junk I've ever owned. It was constantly jamming and the retaining clip on the recoil spring was always breaking. It was the only pistol I wish I'd never bought. My buddy had one too (we bought them the same day) and his did the same thing.

i am a huge fan of Poland P64 pistols:

The Unofficial P-64 Resource

compare.jpg

They are dirt cheap -- $150 -- 200 bucks -- all steel and shoot the Makarov round. They're small indestructible and disposable. They also shoot great, are super accurate and have SA/DA triggers -- and there is the fly in the ointment. You'll want to change out the trigger and recoil springs for Wolf products as they are are stiff as hell in SA...

Hi-Point makes a great gun for very little money.
I have a .45, and my dad has a 9mm and 2 9mm carbines.
They're nothing special, but very dependable and accurate.
After countless rounds not even one misfire or jam from any of them.

To the op, a bugout bag is to be used only in case of emergency, a serious one. Get a gun that has proven it can last and buy a bag of spare parts for it. The only gun I can think of that suits this is a Glock. One simple punch can disassemble the entire thing. A small bag of key spare parts and a Glock and you're good to go till the second coming. I really don't like guns with rivets or no removable staked pins. There is nothing you can't fix in less than a minute in a cave on a Glock. Can't say same for most other autos.

A glock 9mm and .45 are my choices for bug out bags. Most any place in the world would have either or both of those calibers of ammo available. Its the choice of almost every police department and I'm sure could be scavenged pretty easily :thumbsup: The suggestion of the bag o parts is a good one I hadn't thought of though....so it goes on the list when I build my bag. Chances are I'm going to build mine soon though....just never know what is coming in 2013 :whistle:

I had a P95 and it the highest piece of junk I've ever owned. It was constantly jamming and the retaining clip on the recoil spring was always breaking. It was the only pistol I wish I'd never bought. My buddy had one too (we bought them the same day) and his did the same thing.

Weird. I swear I've owned at least 8 P-series pistols in my life and never once had an issue with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Krom 10mm is one of the nicest calibers ive ever shot. Super smooth. More powerful but less muzzle flip because ignition is longer due to Addtl case length. It is one of if not the only concealable caliber you can get that will basically shoot flat out to 100yds.

blanca please! my wife take apart a gun? go back and read my post? A glock?$$$$$$$ I said cheap and wont jam

Hi-Point makes a great gun for very little money.
I have a .45, and my dad has a 9mm and 2 9mm carbines.
They're nothing special, but very dependable and accurate.
After countless rounds not even one misfire or jam from any of them.
this is the kind of info i ask for! cheap and wont jam! thanks I"m gonna look at these

cheap and doesnt jam is an oxymoron..... how often do you plan on using the gun? from the sound of it you only plan on using it when you absolutely NEED it. spend a few extra dollars and get something reliable so when you or ur family NEED it, it will work when it has to.

You could try used glocks still probably going to be a lil more than a HI-Point but a glock is always going to work. In an emergency I would want something I could depend on.

MY 2 CENTS: look into a snub-nosed revolver specially since wife/daughter may also need to use it. Less areas to "worry about" in a revolver VS. semi-auto which may prove challenging (NOT you, perhaps wife or daughter) in times of panic: mag release button, slide release lever, decock lever, safety, feed ramp, ejection port.

Totally agree :thumbsup: Hypothetically the end of the world comes and your wife or kid needs to defend themselves from zombies or whatever i'd trust a .38 :whistle: Small lightweight no maintenance needed, just flick off the safety point n shoot. No racking of the slide, no magazine, and self explanatory on reloading............chamber empty put a bullet in it. Just remember at the end of the day you will be counting on these weapons to save your life and the lives of your family so is it really worth saving a couple hundred bucks?

I think I"ll end up with the revolvers, but I will tell yall some thing about cheap guns. I have a 30 30 savage rifle that my dad give me when i was 9 years old, it has a 4x9 scope on it that was very cheap when dad bought it in the early 60s. I can still hit golf balls with it from 100 yards with no trouble. guns dont have to be fancy to shoot good.

Back