I love this thing !!!!!!!!!

Kahuna

Registered
I have had my new 'busa for 3 days now. Unfortunately, the rain has kept me off her more than I like. I want to thank all of those who helped me get answers before making my purchase. Much of the information was very helpful.

The one piece of information that I found a bit misleading was the ability to handle this bike. I have only ridden for 2.5 yrs on a cruiser, but this bike is not that big of a jump if you have good throttle and clutch control. Yes, there is a ton of power waiting to be released, but if you have any common sense, it doesn't become an issue.

My biggest surprise was going 120mph with the throttle only about 1/8 open in 6th gear. I can only imagine what would happen with a full twist. Just love knowing it's there if I want to use it.

I know, I know....reflectors, tail mod. I'll get to it.

<!--EDIT|Kahuna
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151784815 -->

mybusa.jpg

Congratz on the bike. If I could offer this...
I've been watching the posts coming from new owners and they always say things like: I'm very mature and I respect the bike, and I ride with common sence and I'll take it easy, etc. The Busa is such an easy bike to ride that she will lull you into a false sence of security. You will feel like you can control her, you will develop more confidence - which can sometimes become simple arrogance. That is when she will bite. These wonderful bikes have a funny way of bringing us back down to Earth with a quickness.

Definately not trying to be a downer - you have a beautiful bike - I hope she stays that way! There are way to many threads on the boards right now about people wrecking, or dropping their scoots - no cages involved, it is all on us.

As one of our favorite Balding guys would say -
Keep the Rubber Side Down.
Have a safe and upright 1.
smile.gif

<span style='color:blue'>Like I said she will turn on ya like a crack ho on meth! The thing i think gets me into trouble is this machine will do the speed with no effort at all, so now we are left with getting stopped or you better take that corner that if you make it! when you do breath, its thru a grin of achievement for Some! / Others drop it in the garage! JMO</span>
beerchug.gif

I have had my new 'busa for 3 days now. Unfortunately, the rain has kept me off her more than I like. I want to thank all of those who helped me get answers before making my purchase. Much of the information was very helpful.

The one piece of information that I found a bit misleading was the ability to handle this bike. I have only ridden for 2.5 yrs on a cruiser, but this bike is not that big of a jump if you have good throttle and clutch control. Yes, there is a ton of power waiting to be released, but if you have any common sense, it doesn't become an issue.

My biggest surprise was going 120mph with the throttle only about 1/8 open in 6th gear. I can only imagine what would happen with a full twist. Just love knowing it's there if I want to use it.

I know, I know....reflectors, tail mod. I'll get to it.
I wouldnt say misleading crack the throttle at 120 in 3rd gear then post up
race.gif

Bike looks great! If you had so much rain why didn't you go ahead and remove the reflectors and such?
rock.gif
I dsagree with you in that most of the posts I have read lately for new owners people say if you can control that right wrist you will be okay. Good luck and control that wrist!

Nice scooter, just don't ever let your guard down. "They" say you truely never know your motorcycle until you've put at least 5000 miles on her. I've got 3000 on mine and she can still scare the shid out of me!!!!

Congratulations on the bike!
smile.gif
As others have said, be careful or she will bite you.

congrats on the ride and you got the best color also

but she will bite a bump and a hang on twist of throttle and first you say it then you will do it....

stay safe and take your time and get to know your ride

I'm not sure what posts you are refering to when you say we were misleading. Most of the posts don't recommend a Busa as a first bike, which this isn't for you. They also say that the Busa is pretty tame under 6,000 RPM, which is probably where you are riding if the bike is only 3 days old. See what happens once she is broken in and you are ready to take her over 9,000 RPM.

Under 6,000 =
smile.gif

Under 9,000 =
biggrin.gif

Over 9,000 =
AAAssjani.gif
followed by
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Enjoy the bike brother, take your time getting used to her and wear your "Gear"...

Congrats on the new ride.
Crossing the street can get you killed if you're stupid in how you attempt it.

I've only had my 03 for a couple of weeks and loving every minute of it.

This thing goes from bugger all, to bugger me, to bugger this in only a couple of seconds
biggrin.gif

Back