I con-ed the wife

ralnsplder

Registered
My wife has been talking about wanting to get a 600 for herself, so we can go ride. I JUst got mybusa in july of this year, so me getting a new one is out. But what I managed to do was talk her into getting a 10r. At first she was like "it is to big" then I explained that it is the same phy size as the 600 but worht more in the long run. She finally agreed. So in feb we are going to pay off the busa and get her(me) a new 10r. I really don't see her riding all that much, so it will basically be mine. GOD I hope this works. LOL

nice...just make sure she gets her gear. That 10 can be real nasty to a new rider.

Man don't do it. I know you would love to have that much bike at your disposal. However, that's the wifey man. If they had a 500 sportbike, that is what mine would be on. I've had my busa for 3 weeks now and I still have my ZX-9 (slow ass people with no $$$$), and my wife wants to learn to ride. If she learns it will be on a 600, with maybe an upgrade to a 750 Gixxer. I have been ridin 4 years and the thought of my wife experiencing some of the near misses and one accident I did have (side-swiped by bitch with no insurance) is kinda scary. But hey if you know she is capable of handling it, y'all have fun.

Sorry for all the info, but that $.02 turned into a nickel.

Lets see. Ur wife wants to learn how to ride and u would rather get a 10r. Not same as 600, the 10r has almost twice the HP. So if she is out on it and drops it or does some type of damage to it, ur going to be real happy. But i dont know if ur wife has as riding experience.
Im in the same delima to, but i looked at the gsf500, ninja 500, buell blast. Also considering a 600 ( it also be turned into a track bike ).

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098419371 -->

Agree with the rest, if she has riding experience then it's probably okay. From the sounds of the way you wrote it she doesn't have that much experience and a 10R is probably not the best bike to start on. I know it sounds good, but you have to think about her safety!

she knows how to ride, so im not worried about that, she used t ride my gsxr 750. so not worried about that part of it. thanks for looking out though guys. Thats what friends are for. I really do not see her riding all that much anyway. she just wants one to ride around sometimes when we all go out. I have a few friends with busas. Her safty is a major concern, but she can crash on a 600 just as easy as a 1k. the only difference would be the power in the throttle.

better watch it she might get lucky and take ya on the 10R
laugh.gif

I was about to throw my .02 in concerning the wifey, but since you're comfortable with it, then you've got MY blessings...
smile.gif

you are a lucky man

I'd love to get a bike for my wife,
she'd love it.
but I would still be worried that something happens to her.
I guess this is how she feels when I go ride alone.

HOW ABOUT NOT SCAMMING the one you love so YOU get to ride a 10R...  Let her get what SHE WANTS!!!  The idea of Talking your Mate into getting something she's not into?  That's ABOUT 180 degrees from right man...  IT's JUST kinda FUGGED UP...  

If you have a Hard-On for the Ten go get the 10R....  Sell the Busa and Do it!...  But to talk the wife into a 10R just so you can ride it?
rock.gif
 Sounds sorta selfish.  YEAH She won't be ridding it MUCH, You'll be on it... What if she really wanted something for her, to be hers?  You know?  This sounds pretty manipulative, I mean if she want's a GSXR750 or an R1 Cool...Let her get what she wants!! If she wants a Harley???  That's when you step in man!!!!

Yeah I am being a prick, I don't care, FUG IT, this just sounds really REALLY WRONG!!!!  

You know, Fug it, WTF Do I care?  Good For You,  Hope you enjoy the 10R, it's supposed to be a sweet Bike...
laugh.gif
 Besides, hopefully she hands you your ass out there in the streets!  

Good luck with whatever bike you get. My wife's first bike was a Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom, but she felt nervous on it. Handled it well, but just nervous. We then got here a Suzuki Burgman and she loved it. It was the whole clutch thing I think.

Since she has experience with sport bikes, she'll be fine, but like Rev said...Let her pick the bike she wants. Although some subliminal persuasion while she's sleeping won't hurt anything
wink.gif

I hope to talk my girl into a 250 Ninja or sort to start on someday. I would still play around on that. Good luck on her decision.

HOW ABOUT NOT SCAMMING the one you love so YOU get to ride a 10R...  Let her get what SHE WANTS!!!  The idea of Talking your Mate into getting something she's not into?  That's ABOUT 180 degrees from right man...  IT's JUST kinda FUGGED UP...  

If you have a Hard-On for the Ten go get the 10R....  Sell the Busa and Do it!...  But to talk the wife into a 10R just so you can ride it?
rock.gif
 Sounds sorta selfish.  YEAH She won't be ridding it MUCH, You'll be on it... What if she really wanted something for her, to be hers?  You know?  This sounds pretty manipulative, I mean if she want's a GSXR750 or an R1  Cool...Let her get what she wants!! If she wants a Harley???  That's when you step in man!!!!

Yeah I am being a prick, I don't care, FUG IT, this just sounds really REALLY WRONG!!!!  

You know, Fug it, WTF Do I care?  Good For You,  Hope you enjoy the 10R, it's supposed to be a sweet Bike...
laugh.gif
 Besides, hopefully she hands you your ass out there in the streets!  
you are looking at it wrong, she just said she wanted a 600 because it is smaller, she has seen a few in daytona that women had that were lowered and she liked them. she doesn't care what kind it is. I just suggested the 10 because it is the same size physically as the 6oo so why not get more power. I will never get rid of the busa. I just bought her a $35000 truck so I dont think she could complain if I spent 11k on a bike. She wants one so I will get it for her. for the money the 10 is alot better deal then the 600 anyway. Thanks for your opinion though.

Shooting her would be so much simpler if you want to kill her..........
lol but I won't get the insurance if i was to shoot her. J/K

Why does everyone panic about women riding bikes. Look at VA Busa, she is a woman and rides a busa, can't get much better then that. There are a lot of women that ride bikes, Hell there is even a all women bike club here in hawaii called dangerous curves.

I guess it was the Term Con The Wife... JUst sounded screwed up...

Fair enough, if she really doesn't care one way or another, might as well get something your diggin... THough why you would buy a 10R? And Not a CBR1000RR or R1, I dunno.....
wink.gif

Back