I can't believe my wear bars are almost exposed

Great! Shinko USA has paid me handsomely to promote their products! I recommend them to everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Except my immediate family and close friends! :laugh:

:laugh:

Okay Tuf what kind of mileage are you getting out of the 023/016 combo?

I simply got tired of changing rear tires more than the oil. When I first got my 06 I ran Pilot Powers exclusively. The most I ever got out of a rear was 2200 miles and the least was 1500.

I have no complaints with the Storm 2Us. Great tire for normal street use in my opinion but willing to try others.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

I have the Dunlop Roadsmarts and they "seem" to be wearing fine. I will probably get about 8000 miles on them. They are priced a little higher but they last and they stick very well. I have heard TONS of complaints on every tire made except the Roadsmarts and the Q2s. They are both made by Dunlop. I'd switch to Dunlops right away! Also, the Stock Qualifiers that came on my bike were fantastic too. They are one small step below the Q2s. Good Luck and try Dunlops!

Let me give you my reasoning for running a dual compound rear touring rear tire and performance front tire!

The front tire is the control point for every motorcycle. It controls steering and braking. I always want to know the front is planted. No matter what brand of tire I have chosen, I want lots of grip and stability on the front.

The rear has a contact patch almost twice the size of the front so it doesn't take as much sticky stuff to manage the rear as long as one is not hogging on the throttle while leaned over. Smooth throttle input is the key to maintaining rear grip. These current dual compound touring tires give remarkable grip on the edge as well as the center. I can pick the front up with a little clutch bump without spinning if the tire is warm and it's much easier to manage loss of traction on the rear than it is on the front. The 23 rear gives me adiquate traction to plant my knee anytime I desire once it's warmed up.

If granny pulls out in front of me I want enough grip on the front to lift the rear tire skyward for my own safety and I won't get that with any touring tire.

I have found that with the BTO16 front and the BTO23 rear the two tires wear out about the same time. True with the Q2 front and Roadsmart rear. I run either setup depending on the price at the time I need new rubber.

Hey Tuf,

Is there any tracking problems with two different types of tires? I know you have no problems adjusting for this but would an average rider like myself have any issues? I only get about 3500 on PP 2CT's. No complaints and I'm heavy rider and I do twist the grip a bit but I never smoke them or anything like that. 145 lbs? I weighed that much before I was old enough to even drive........

Hey Tuf,

Is there any tracking problems with two different types of tires? I know you have no problems adjusting for this but would an average rider like myself have any issues? I only get about 3500 on PP 2CT's. No complaints and I'm heavy rider and I do twist the grip a bit but I never smoke them or anything like that. 145 lbs? I weighed that much before I was old enough to even drive........

I used to run sport in the front - st in the rear combo for years. Only difference I noticed was the front wore out a lot faster. I just run Pilot Road2's now front and back. No problems, they handle anything I throw at the bike as good as a sport tire. The new PR3's are supposed to be even better.

55MPG Hmmmm I am guessing you dont have a speedo healer. Ohh here we go with the MPG thing Aaaaaagain.:banghead: Or maybe you are using a (gooder oil) :rofl:

no i dont have a speedohealer. i use amsoil. i know i'm getting 55mph because i physically covered 180 miles daily, and i was using just over 3 gallons of fuel per day.

:laugh:

Okay Tuf what kind of mileage are you getting out of the 023/016 combo?

I simply got tired of changing rear tires more than the oil. When I first got my 06 I ran Pilot Powers exclusively. The most I ever got out of a rear was 2200 miles and the least was 1500.

I have no complaints with the Storm 2Us. Great tire for normal street use in my opinion but willing to try others.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

Tire ware depends a great deal on your throttle hand for the rear tire and agressive corner carving on the fat chick can melt a front tire if the front is plowing through the corners. MJN is a hard corner carver and he plows the sides off the front before the rear is finished. Suspension and throttle has an effect on tire ware.

I have found if you are getting 2200 miles on a sport tire then you will double that on the sport tire front and dual compound touring rear. Many guys go through two rears to each front. The Bridgestone or Dunlop combo will double your mileage generally.

Hey Tuf,

There are no handling issues whatsoever as long as both tires are from the same manufacturer. I wouldn't use a Bridgestone BT016 front and a Dunlop Roadsmart rear for instance.

Tire ware depends a great deal on your throttle hand for the rear tire and agressive corner carving on the fat chick can melt a front tire if the front is plowing through the corners. MJN is a hard corner carver and he plows the sides off the front before the rear is finished. Suspension and throttle has an effect on tire ware.

I have found if you are getting 2200 miles on a sport tire then you will double that on the sport tire front and dual compound touring rear. Many guys go through two rears to each front. The Bridgestone or Dunlop combo will double your mileage generally.

Thank you Sir!

I think I will try the BStone combo next. I don't mind 4k a set but not 2k.

Posted from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

I'm gonna put a Roadsmart on my Rear next change. I'm getting about 2 rears per front on my Q2's.

The Dunlops seem to really handle the heavy bikes quite well. Plus, they handle my 325lb wieght with ease. All three sport tires from Dunlop really work well, the Q2, Qualifier and Roadsmart. Bridgestone???? Why bother? Get the best, forget the rest!

One thing to remember is cold weather is on its way for most of us. This means colder tires and road temps. I think I will stick with soft tires that heat up easy during the cooler months. Tires are cheaper than leathers, body parts, and ER visits.

do you guys generally change the tire when the wear bars are striking the ground, or do you stretch it out to the wear cords?

2 things I dont push past there limits on a motorcycle even more so a high performance motorcycle, Tires and Brakes. NO when my limiters are touching pavement I order a tire.

do you guys generally change the tire when the wear bars are striking the ground, or do you stretch it out to the wear cords?

This is when you know your ready for a new tire!
uploadfromtaptalk1318295792999.jpg

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1318295792999.jpg

Not my tire. Mine do not ever get that far.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

Let me give you my reasoning for running a dual compound rear touring rear tire and performance front tire!

The front tire is the control point for every motorcycle. It controls steering and braking. I always want to know the front is planted. No matter what brand of tire I have chosen, I want lots of grip and stability on the front.

The rear has a contact patch almost twice the size of the front so it doesn't take as much sticky stuff to manage the rear as long as one is not hogging on the throttle while leaned over. Smooth throttle input is the key to maintaining rear grip. These current dual compound touring tires give remarkable grip on the edge as well as the center. I can pick the front up with a little clutch bump without spinning if the tire is warm and it's much easier to manage loss of traction on the rear than it is on the front. The 23 rear gives me adiquate traction to plant my knee anytime I desire once it's warmed up.

If granny pulls out in front of me I want enough grip on the front to lift the rear tire skyward for my own safety and I won't get that with any touring tire.

I have found that with the BTO16 front and the BTO23 rear the two tires wear out about the same time. True with the Q2 front and Roadsmart rear. I run either setup depending on the price at the time I need new rubber.

I'm pretty happy with the BT016 front/BT023 rear combo. I was beating up the peg feelers over the weekend and the bike stayed planted. The rear would step out a little when I was throttle-happy deep into a turn, but the lady and I had a blast at the Gap on these shoes. The wear on the rear is quite a bit less pronounced this time than it was after my last trip to the Gap. Thanks for the recommendation.

Back