Anyone Running Michelin Power Pure's?

DragginBusa

Registered
Hey everyone! First time posting here, I wanted to know if anyone is currently running the Michelin Power Pure's on their Busa's? If so, what are your thoughts? I am going to be replacing my tires over the winter and am looking to get a good street tire I can use for the occasional track day. My buddoes and I definately ride hard on the streets, so need good grip.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Thanks Krom! However, Pilot Pure's are different than the Power Pure. Not sure if anyone has tried on Busa yet, we shall see. The weight saving though is an awesome part of the tire though.

Iam running the Power One's.They warm-up fast,hook-up great and they handle great! Nite and day compared to the stock Bridgestones!

09GraySilverBusa, any complaints about them? What is the biggest/most noticable difference between them and the stockers? Thanks.

Ran the pilot pure up front and it felt pushy in the twisties. It wasn't confidence inspiring at all. Maybe the Busa is a bit heavy for that tire up front. BTO 16 all the way for me up front, and bto 23 out back.

The weight savings on the michelin is the least of your worries for a track or street tire. Your busa will spin any tire up on corner exits regardless of the weight reduction. A performance mind looks for performance which is a combination of suspension, available grip and throttle control. If a pound of weight is the priority replace the steel sprocket with an aluminum Vortex and you'll have your pound of weight reduction.

My current choice for Street/Track combination use is the Dunlop Q2!

I agree, need to look at all aspects of it, however don't forget that unsprung weight reduction is different than sprung weight reduction, big differences.

I look for something that is going to give me great feedback, grip some longevity and is versatile for both the track and the street. My friend runs them on his Aprilia RSV1000R Factory and loves them, however it is a different bike.

You'll need to explain the difference in tire weight and sprocket weight -Which one is Sprung and which one is Unsprung?

I'm confused!

The tire and sprocket are both unsprung, sprung weight are things like the frame, body work, exhaust, etc. things that rest on the bikes suspension...unsprung weight are tires, wheels, axles, things which do not rest on the suspension

09GraySilverBusa, any complaints about them? What is the biggest/most noticable difference between them and the stockers? Thanks.
Get some heat in them and they are more confidence inspireing then the stockers. I have made the edges ball up after a good hard carving session. I find they run best at about 38 psi

I have been using Pures front and rear for about 2000 miles. Great tyres, but I live near Dallas and 90% of my riding is on a dry, flat road in a straight line, so they are kind of wasted on me. I think they'd be the perfect tyre for your riding style though.

Back