Michelin Power Pures

68gts

Registered
My Q2's are about gone,and they have been great. My problem with the them is I don't want to change tires in 2000 miles,so I'm looking to try some Michelin Power Pures,but have seen some post on a local site,easttnriders.com, about some people not liking this tire on heavier bikes. Looking for some feedback here on the Pure's on Busa's. Thanks Peyton

The rear tire life depends entirely on your throttle hand. Some guys get twice the mileage and more. I have on occasions destroyed a tire on one track day. Depends on how you use them. The michelin is a performance tire as well and most likely will not last any longer unless you calm the throttle. Personally, I would not choose the pure over the Q2 but that's my preference. I don't think there is a better street tire made than the Q2.

If you are simply heavy handed and not wild in the canyons I'd suggest what I now use on my busa, a performance tire on the front and a dual compound touring tire on the rear. I have the Bridgestone BT016 front and the BT023 rear. Makes for a great long lasting combination and you can still drag your knee whenever you like. I'd also use the Dunlop Q2 front and Roadsmart rear if the price was comparable. The only reason I went with Bridgestone was a sweet deal I found on the tires.

I am heavy handed and 90 percent of my riding is in the twistys. I got 3000+ miles out of my stocker, Contintial Sport Attack and Pilot Power 2ct,so its just the Q2 is a super soft tire.

I am on the tread limiters with my Michelin PCT's at 4250 miles. 70% of that was interstate back and forth to work. I do twist the wick pretty hard and 50% of the time the front wheel is in the air 1st -2nd. I am sure I could 5K but I dont ride deep into the tread limiters.

Thought I would chime in here. I got the Power Pures on my 99 busa. I love them, the confidence that the tire gives you is absolutely amazing. I immediately took a trip to Switzerland with my bike the day after the tires were installed. I rode through the swiss Alps and NEVER felt like the tire slipped or anything. I am pleased with them... going tomorrow to Amsterdam and then down towards France... I am running 42 in both. I love going fast but am conservative on the throttle in the twisties... should last me a year at least I think. we'll see!

Hi, I run 39 39 in mine, If I am going to mainland Europe for a bit of twisties action I will drop them down to 39 36, if going to Spain in particular, I will run 36 34 Due to heat and a lot of the places are also quite high altitude wise.
I've used the same tactics in my Dunlop 207 & 208 RR's my Pirelli Diablo Corsas and my stock Bridgestone's which have not gone away yet and will be being changed before I go.

I have had nothing but good feedback from the above in going away on my Busa's on 4 occasions running around 3000 miles per trip.
The tyres are lasting for the 3000 miles with reasonable handling, after this they are just used for commuting just to get my moneys worth and I can usually get between 800 to 1000 miles commuting before the handling is completely gone and need replacement.

Best regards Stretch.

Back