Anyone try the Power Pures

masterblaster

Registered
I keep looking at all these tires suggested so I went to the Michelin website and they recommend the Power Pures? This is teh first tire I wil buy for the bike, want to get it right, 95% plus straight riding, usually between 90 & 110 mph here on the highway, sometimes faster, a lot faster, so am concerned about the speed rating on the tires too.

Well I can tell you that they will work at speed, what ever you can do they will handle (experience), the thing to consider is they will wear out fast like mine lasted 4000, 5500 kms only and the middle wears out bad and fast. They do handle great in the twisties etc but the wear put me off. So I now run and will probably continue to run Pirelli Angel ST's I am on my 2nd set now and wear allot better than the Pure's. they have a more progressive roll into corners too which I also prefer. Just my 2cents

I used the Power Pures when they first hit the market. The weight reduction is extremely noticeable; I really liked them. They do wear out quickly, though.

FYI, I can tell you from personal experience that they will handle speeds of at least up to 275km/h.

Many of us here have gone to a dual compound touring tire such as the Bridgestone BT023, Pilot Road III, Dunlop Roadsmart II or Pirelli Angel for the rear complimented by a matching sport tire front such as the BT020, Pilot Pure, Q2 or Pirellli Rosso.

This combo gives the rider more mileage from the rear (Which always wears out first) with dual compound and the grip of a genuine performance tire for the front. The front tire is the control point for almost every directional input and the most likely place to loose traction causing a get off. By increasing available traction at the front decreases the odds of a get off due to loss of traction. There are a number of riders on this forum that use the touring tire rear and performance tire front. This combination usually results in both tires wearing out simultaneously.

I have run both Bridgestone BT023 rear - BT016 front and Dunlop Roadsmart rear - Q2 front and had extremely good service from both. Knee dragging lean as well as stoppie grip on the brakes. :beerchug:

Thanks gents you just answered a bunch of questions I was about to ask. My stock front seems like its still pretty good on tread, will this be a compliment to the PR3's or do I should I get a new front mentioned above?

Many of us here have gone to a dual compound touring tire such as the Bridgestone BT023, Pilot Road III, Dunlop Roadsmart II or Pirelli Angel for the rear complimented by a matching sport tire front such as the BT020, Pilot Pure, Q2 or Pirellli Rosso.

This combo gives the rider more mileage from the rear (Which always wears out first) with dual compound and the grip of a genuine performance tire for the front. The front tire is the control point for almost every directional input and the most likely place to loose traction causing a get off. By increasing available traction at the front decreases the odds of a get off due to loss of traction. There are a number of riders on this forum that use the touring tire rear and performance tire front. This combination usually results in both tires wearing out simultaneously.

I have run both Bridgestone BT023 rear - BT016 front and Dunlop Roadsmart rear - Q2 front and had extremely good service from both. Knee dragging lean as well as stoppie grip on the brakes. :beerchug:

Blaster look at the Avon Storm 2s. They stick well and will last for a long time.
I've got almost 9k on mine and they still look great. Same set I rode to NC on as well. Stuck very well in the turns but there aren't many here to us.

Dam BB, I was going back and forth on these vs the PP and the Roadsmart 2, yu ride the same roads so will go with the Avons now. THx, was hoping you see this thread and chime in.

I had Michelin Hpx on before and got about 5k out of them.
I am still amazed at how much life is left on these with almost 9k on them.
Perfect for SoFla as the center is only just now starting to flatten. Sleepless Red recommended them to me.
Not the best for twisties but hey what do we care about that.
We don't need no stinking twisties :)

Here I am on sport touring rear. BT-023

prpv.jpg

Back