New tires for my 08

mr8ball

Registered
Where is the best place for me to buy a new set of tires for my 08 busa? I want the Michelin Pilot Power Pure. I would like to buy from a sponsor on here Thanks in advance

Thanks, I will check with them

Who do you have mounting and balncing yours? I'm looking around again for the best prices. A local garage can mount tires for me for $10 a piece(my back is screwed up and I can't change them by hand)but their balancer won't do bike tires. I'm considering buying a balancing stand and a bunch of weights. Lynchburg Kawasaki just put a rear on (wheel off bike) for me and it was $27!!! It was $17 not that long ago! Last I heard they were still cheaper than Suzuki Lynchburg. It's getting rediculous. I can get a set of tires for around $200 and it's another 25% of that just get them on!

Who do you have mounting and balncing yours? I'm looking around again for the best prices. A local garage can mount tires for me for $10 a piece(my back is screwed up and I can't change them by hand)but their balancer won't do bike tires. I'm considering buying a balancing stand and a bunch of weights. Lynchburg Kawasaki just put a rear on (wheel off bike) for me and it was $27!!! It was $17 not that long ago! Last I heard they were still cheaper than Suzuki Lynchburg. It's getting rediculous. I can get a set of tires for around $200 and it's another 25% of that just get them on!

Do you live in Lynchburg? I have a friend that does mine for me. He does not balance them but I have not had any trouble with them at all. He worked for the Harley and Honda shops and really knows his stuff. Call me if you like and I will see if he would change yours for you if you like. Where are you getting the tires for that? Thanks 434 401 3212. Doug

Do you live in Lynchburg? I have a friend that does mine for me. He does not balance them but I have not had any trouble with them at all. He worked for the Harley and Honda shops and really knows his stuff. Call me if you like and I will see if he would change yours for you if you like. Where are you getting the tires for that? Thanks 434 401 3212. Doug

I'm about 30 min south of you, and I really appreciate the offer, but I've had problems with unbalanced tires. Bad vibration at speed. Q2s were on sale for $209 a set, and I think they're back to $229 again. I was paying $240 otd for Pilot Powers and Pures at Crossroads BMW, mounted/electronicly balanced(I brought my wheels to them). But the new owners decided to kill the motorcycle part of the dealership, and the equipment including balancer was sold a few months ago.
I will ride with you though:beerchug:

I'm about 30 min south of you, and I really appreciate the offer, but I've had problems with unbalanced tires. Bad vibration at speed. Q2s were on sale for $209 a set, and I think they're back to $229 again. I was paying $240 otd for Pilot Powers and Pures at Crossroads BMW, mounted/electronicly balanced(I brought my wheels to them). But the new owners decided to kill the motorcycle part of the dealership, and the equipment including balancer was sold a few months ago.
I will ride with you though:beerchug:

I understand. He has a balancer I think but we have never had any trouble with anything. I have pretty fast on mine with no issues. 06busa (Mark) and I are going to the bash April 19 through 22. I think he said he had road with you before. Keep my number and let me know when you ride and we will try to get together. If you change your mind about changing the tires let me know. Where is Crossroads at? I will check with them and see if they have them. Which tires do you like the best? I want to get some soon. Thanks again, Doug

I understand. He has a balancer I think but we have never had any trouble with anything. I have pretty fast on mine with no issues. 06busa (Mark) and I are going to the bash April 19 through 22. I think he said he had road with you before. Keep my number and let me know when you ride and we will try to get together. If you change your mind about changing the tires let me know. Where is Crossroads at? I will check with them and see if they have them. Which tires do you like the best? I want to get some soon. Thanks again, Doug

Crossroads is formerly Hammersly BMW on 221 near Sheetz. They may still be able to get tires(you can probably buy them cheaper online elsewhere as they aren't mounting and balancing anymore), the bike service manager said he wanted to sell parts and tires as long as he could though. I haven't rode with 06busa, but I met him at Lynchburg Suzuki when my friend bought a new Busa last month, nice guy.
I liked the Pilots as they were good for cheap, but I want something that I can push harder and still feel comfortable on. Q2's going on when the weather breaks. I've got a Pilot pure front and an Avon on the rear now.
I'm not a Bridgestone fan either(I hated the stock BTO15 and several of their tires over the years), but the reveiws of running the BTO16 front(sticky)and the BTO23 rear(sport touring)on the org have been good. I couldn't get 3k miles out of a Pilot(I'm sure i won't on the Q2s either) I'de like something that's a happy medium between sticky and some mileage. I'll probaly burn 2 or 3 sets of Q2s this summer before I switch as the roads cool down again. Then I may try that BTO combo. That's just my preference though, you may find your tire opinions are no where near mine.
I've been wanting to get back up to the parkway, but I'm still leary of black ice in the shade. I'm also wearing thin knit gloves under my summer leather gloves, as I can't find my winter gloves:laugh: This limits my ride time as my hands get too cold pretty quick:laugh: Maybe a cruise around the Burg in the near future?

Do not forget to use coupon code CG20OFF100 to get $20 off purchases of $100 or more.

Do not forget to use coupon code CG20OFF100 to get $20 off purchases of $100 or more.

Thanks, Where is the best place to buy them? The last set I bought was from the Honda dealer here. I have not checked with them yet. Times are tight and I just want the best deal. Thanks in advance

Have any of you tried dynabeads instead of balancing the wheels?
I have been using them in my tires for the last few years and they really smooth out the ride and no need for weights on your rims.

Ride safe.

Rumble

Back