Need Track Day Tire Pressure Recommedations

GSX1R

Registered
Hey all, I'm doing a track day at NCM in Kentucky and wanted to get a recommendation on what tire pressure I should run. I'm running Michelin Pilot Power 3's on the Busa. I have done some research and found that Michelin doesn't post pressure for track recommendations for the Pilot Power 3's. I saw that others have ran 30-33 for front and rear for the cold and up to 40 for front and rear for the hot.

Has anyone ran these tires and what pressure did you run? Also this will be my first track day on the Busa but only my second track day on a bike. Any help would be appreciated, thanks fellas.

Road course.

0000-Motion-Pro-Digital-Tire-Pressure-Gauge----634437515189588642.jpg

As much as you can without it slipping . . .

Take another read after one lap !

If it goes up you're good .

Red, *<(:{)-

You riding your Busa? One or both days? I'm coaching Novice on Saturday so I want to make sure I we meet.

To be honest, somewhere in the range of 30/30 cold would probably be acceptable for the morning, and in the afternoon after we cut you loose to ride would be the time to look at them hot off the track to see where the pressure goes, and look at the tire to see how it's wearing and adjust from there....While that's a decent street tire, and will do you fine in Novice, if you keep riding you are gonna want something a little more for aggressive riding...

P.S. If you've never run NCM before it's a great track, but you must be careful as it has some blind unexpected spots in it....we well show them to you in the morning sessions and progressively build up the pace before letting you ride your own ride...

Yes, I riding the Busa on Saturday only. No, I have never run NCM before and only heard good things. I'm really looking forward to it Thanks for the helpful information. I will see you Saturday.

Thanks fellas for the response and helpful advise.

If I don't find you beforehand, I'll see you in the classroom after the rider's meeting...

Great to meet you Saturday! You have a beautiful Busa! And you were riding the crap out of it once it dried out. Lookin good!

Thanks, it was great meeting you as well. It was a real monsoon out there in the morning. Glad it dried up in the afternoon; I was looking for you after the last session to take that pic. Next time. I'm going to post some video later, can't wait to go back!!!

Will look forward to the video! I should have come looking for you I knew where you were - I was in my pit looking forlornly at the hole in my engine case - it was me that blew the motor...Like I said, you were riding the big girl really well hope you come back!

Hey my GoPro fell off the bike and got run over before I could get the track footage off of it. Lost the SD card. I will post some pics though.

Back