Track Day Tires

The Oracle

Registered
Ok...  I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of tires to run on my SV650 for track days.  I have seen many varied post on this subject...  But, I would like to nail this down once and for all.

First the size...  Rear: 160/60-17 Front: 120/60-17 (can run 120/70-17 up front).  The reason I specified the size is that very few manufacturers make track quality tires in my size.

I am currently running Michelin Race H2's on it.  They are ok, but I wanted to see if I can't find an even nicer track day tire.  I have looked at Pirelli's Dragon Supercorsa's but was reading that they are "race-only" and only last ONE heat cycle.  Is this true?

Basically, I am looking for a tire that will:

1. NEVER be run on the street
2. Give me excellent track grip
3. Last for many heat cycles (4+ track days) (my H2's have done this)

Any suggestions or ideas would be AWESOME!  Also, if you have any pointers or experience, I would greatly appriciate that as well.

Finally, if you know of any places (reputable) that I can order these from, please also include the link.

Thanks in advance,
Vaughn

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: "misprint"|1087396161 -->

I think you should ask folks at the track. Slicks are THE THING I hear

Come on, pony up you track riders? What say ye? I saw alot of Dunlop and Michelin race tires at track day but Iowa seems to be a dunlop state

I went ahead and ordered some Metzeler Rennsports (soft front / medium rear). So, I am set for now. But, I would have to agree about slicks as long as there is NO rain!

( :

Back