Track Day thoughts???

09BusaDrvr

Registered
Looking at Barber v. Talladega in about a month. This will be my first track day but I am comfortable handling the bike and not new to the world. Any thoughts on which is better....they are both through STT. :beerchug:

I don't know either track you speak of but when I'm confronted with that type of decision I go to their website and take a video ride around both tracks. Only you know if you like fast, big time sweepers or tight, constant directional change type courses.....if both tracks seem similar in layouts, then do the smoothest one! Finally, on the West Coast, I love the tracks that have shaded paddock areas. Remember, you're gonna love either one! Raydog

P1020665.JPG

P1020659.JPG

Barber is an awesome track. Better than Talledega. A bunch of us will be there last in October!

Barber Barber Barber....

You will have a blast. STT will take good care of you and getting you started without any worries. Just take some pictures a post up a track experience report when you get bac....

DSC05101.jpg

070715-4520.jpg

Looking at Barber v. Talladega in about a month. This will be my first track day but I am comfortable handling the bike and not new to the world. Any thoughts on which is better....they are both through STT. :beerchug:

There are already a few of us Orgsters that are going to be at Barber with STT Oct 24 & 25. Come on and join us.

Guess Barber it is....but I may have to do both :laugh: See you guys out there. I'll be the noob on the K9 Silver. I'll be wearing jock strap and shower shoes so you can find me:thumbsup:

Good for you my man! You will have a fun filled exciting day. You will come away with a very different view that you have at the moment. You'll have a much better understanding of the term fast and you'll come away a better rider!

Enjoy and have fun. My only advise is not to push the envelope on the first day. Leave a little in the tank and just have fun!

I've done a number of STT events at Mid-Ohio over the past few years. I'm always the sole Hayabusa, Monty always looks at me funny and says most busa riders crash, and the tech guys go over the bike with a fine tooth comb. One time they told me to tighten the chain, another time they wanted to disconnect my taillight because it might distract the puss.....er, riders behind me. I told them no way....I'd put extra layers of duct tape over it.

By the way, since this is your first track day at STT, take blue painters tape and duct tape with you. Cover all the plastic with the blue tape first. It's easily removed, then put duct tape over the taillight and headlight if you're not planning to disconnect them. Also, put down a base of blue tape and put STT's sticker on top of that. If you put the sticker directly on the bike it's as much trouble to remove as the delivered Suzuki stickers, you know, the one's that say 'not to be used as a flotation device' and 'sold for prevention of disease only'.

Guess Barber it is....but I may have to do both :laugh: See you guys out there. I'll be the noob on the K9 Silver. I'll be wearing jock strap and shower shoes so you can find me:thumbsup:

You will have a great time! If you have never been to the museum there then carve out some extra time to check it out, it's totally worth it!

Back