track day today and loving bike more

megawatt

Registered
The only busa on the track today. People were saying I was going to get tired trying to throw the bike around the corners. Turns out the Busa is capable of a track day no problem., may not be the track star but she can play. I actually rode more comfortable today compared to when I did a track day on my SV650. The SV is lighter but the Busa was stable as a rock. And an absolute blast to nail the throttle once stood upright.

I was able to focus on using the bikes power to control direction and not my strength. This was my third track day and still learning but it was great today and VERY comfortable to take the turns. At first I was worried of nailing the throttle coming out of a turn and breaking the wheel. But as the day wore on I learned the bike and had fun.

Best part is I can drag race, track day, or go on long trips. This bike does it all, does it with style and comfort.

Image1.jpg

I agree. The busa is really "trackable" but it is heavy. I can normally get through lunch without getting too tired. However, after my belly's full it seems even heavier.
smile.gif

Just watch out b/c riding on the track will kill your desire to ride (and take risks) on the street. Did with me anyway.

Chris

Best part is I can drag race, track day, or go on long trips. This bike does it all, does it with style and comfort.
zactly! Probably the best all around bike. I hit about 6 - 10 track days on my Busa per season and love it! But like NC said, I RARELY enjoy riding it on the streets anymore

It is pretty cool to have a bike that tours, drags, turns decent times at the track and just looks so dam**ed good to!

With good tires and good brakes you can sure surprise people at track days!

I still enjoy the streets after the track. The scenery doesn't change much on the track after the first lap.

Just getting use to the new girl myself, and I am surprised how well it does for hte weight and size. Took a few corners that I take on the 02 1k with the 08 busa......and was like wow she can do it too.....just remember she is a little bigger and has more power so watch your right hand!!!!

I ran Little Talladega a couple weeks ago and had an absolute blast myself.  Yes it was heavier, but once I got to third gear I was done.  It would whoa up for the turns and take off out of the corners without having to downshift.  And like you said, it's more stable than the liters feel.

Turn_1_rev__jpeg.jpg

Did anyone upgrade the front suspension, especially with doing track days? Yes it would help, but still on the fence if I want to spend $600 on springs, valving and upgrades.

Did anyone upgrade the front suspension, especially with doing track days?  Yes it would help, but still on the fence if I want to spend $600 on springs, valving and upgrades.
I think Vman did, but he has an R-1 now that he uses for the track.

Jinkster had a step by step how to thread, for the suspension. Try a search. A lot of people here did it, and really liked it. I think he said if you wiegh more than 215 lbs. you should up grade the springs ?? I wish I wasn't such a retard with tools, and could do it to mine.
face7.gif

Back