Hump Mod

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Hey,

If you are considering doing the hump mod so you can add the grab bar and put the hump on, I figured out you don't have to butcher your hump. All you have to do is flip over the spacers on the lock plate on the hump. This raises the back of the hump and it will fit with the grab bar on. When you want to take off the grab bar, just flip the spacers over again and it all fits back together.

I found this out after I had taken a dremel to it but if you just want to put the grab bar on for a trip or something, this is the way to go. Sorry for the poor quality photos. Always worry about posting stuff like this because I think everyone will already know it and I'll look like an idiot:whistle:

Of course I've already proven I'm an idoit so what harm can it do now? :rofl:

DSCN1768.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg

good idea, but in my opinion it looks like crap. Leaves a huge gap at the rear of the hump and looks horrible

that's why i still have my stock cowl, ordered another oem cowl off ebay to do the grabrail mod on, but still have the stock cowl un-touched that i put on if need be

I found the grab bar quite useless for a passenger don't see the reason to leave it on. I removed it before the reflectors :laugh:

i had never used the grab bar at all, but that is what the wife is for... get the bike on the stand and clean the chain while you are at it... that is after you get done with my brunch
pS make it quick we are going for a ride as soon as Im done...:laugh::laugh:
I know==:corner:

Now with some creativity.. you AND the bad guy can get into your hump without a key...

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I found the grab bar quite useless for a passenger don't see the reason to leave it on. I removed it before the reflectors :laugh:

That's the same order I did it. IMO they look ugly with the hump and the bar on at the same time.

You can take the hump off an hold onto the bar that the latch is on to put the bike on the stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 OEM humps that I use when needed. I got the second off Ebay for a steal of a deal and just kept the previously modified one that the original owner of the bike had.

I like my grab bar.. I use it for putting it on and off the stands.. and looks like a little spoiler lol .. and if I wanna roll the bike a tiny bit I can from the rear.. or grab the bar and pull it back a bit to make sure the kickstand it down all the way.. so i like the mod.. not sure about the spacers tho..My hump is cut and I like it

is it for 2 way communications like the chatterbox?

It's a kenwood ProTalk UHF radio and the AutoCom unit is in there too. All is wired in so I turn the bike on and everything GPS, Ipod, Blackberry, and Bike to Bike radio is ready to go. I popped the antenna through the hump because I hate big tank bags. Without the antenna exposed range goes down and for some reason in the hump it was really bad.

Been meaning to post these. I am not saying this is the cleanest install but it works great so far even under some pretty rough conditions (pouring rain). My buddy has his in a tank bag on his BMW 1200 and the water destroyed it on a recent trip.

If you ever ride with quality bike to bike com you will never want to ride without it again. There is the occasional insult about you're too slow but then there is the "I need gas", "look at my equipment is something loose", "let's do the left exit this time" or "where we doing lunch"? Then there is the guy in front calling back to the trailing guys the coast is clear to pass. Did this on a ride with 6 people and the 2 guys who had com rode lead and tail. When we needed to pass the front guy would call clear and I would let him know when everyone was through.
That saved a really boring ride with parts of the group stuck behind slow cars!

Makes a huge jump in safety.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Last edited:
Back