Grab rail with hump

Adam Philip

Registered
I have owned my 08 Busa for 12 months now. When I purchased it it didn't come with the rear hump, just the pillion seat and had the grab rail installed.

I ride with my wife a lot and so obviously use the grab rail. I read that you cant have the hump and the grab rail mounted at the same time so I never bothered to buy one, but I see in some of the owners photos on this site that they have both?

Do you need to do any modifications to have both the rear hump and the grab rail mounted at the same time or is what I read wrong?

Do a search on hump mod. Yes, you have to notch the hump to clear it. There are some detailed how-tos on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dremmel and a steady hand, Huh James

===================================================================

Spiked bike 010.jpg

if you bought it new go back and tell them you want your hump :laugh: that is part of the package, it is not extra

It takes 5 minutes and an allen wrench to remove the grabrail before you clip on the hump. Why bother with the mod?

Anyway, the hump with the grabrail looks bloody stupid!

It takes 5 minutes and an allen wrench to remove the grabrail before you clip on the hump. Why bother with the mod?

Anyway, the hump with the grabrail looks bloody stupid!

:spank: i think it is a smart mod. did it to Bessie. the allen screws strip out and cross thread easily. i'd hate to have it come off in someones hand, after taking it off n on a bunch of times.

:rofl: i just got to thinking, i don't remember last time i had the hump on for a ride. :poke: i think she looks better with an army duffle strapped on back.:wow: i agree with Mr. Cow, thats a good lookin backside.:rofl:

pics nov 2010 051.jpg

I have owned my 08 Busa for 12 months now. When I purchased it it didn't come with the rear hump, just the pillion seat and had the grab rail installed.

I ride with my wife a lot and so obviously use the grab rail. I read that you cant have the hump and the grab rail mounted at the same time so I never bothered to buy one, but I see in some of the owners photos on this site that they have both?

Do you need to do any modifications to have both the rear hump and the grab rail mounted at the same time or is what I read wrong?

sorry adam, i got busy goofin off, and didn't even answer your question.
yes you will need to cut of some plastic/notch it out, somehow. dremel with a cutting disk does work pretty well. i used an air cut off tool. just mark it with a marker, tape the line you drew to keep paint protected and go for it. its pretty easy. don't be nervious. and thier right, if you got it new from a dealer, the hump comes with the bike!
good luck, and :welcome: to the org :thumbsup:

The hump/grabrail mod is great. It gives you a nice, secure handhold for when you are moving your bike on or off a rear stand.

the allen screws strip out and cross thread easily. i'd hate to have it come off in someones hand, after taking it off n on a bunch of times.
Wow...Really?

Damn, I wish I'd known they cross threaded so easily before I'd taken the screws out and put them back in so often over the last couple of years and each time taken about 2 minutes to do it.

I musta just got lucky I guess.

Wow...Really?

Damn, I wish I'd known they cross threaded so easily before I'd taken the screws out and put them back in so often over the last couple of years and each time taken about 2 minutes to do it.

I musta just got lucky I guess.

+1, if you are striping bolt heads and cross threading them you are doing it wrong. :whistle:

:spank: i think it is a smart mod. did it to Bessie. the allen screws strip out and cross thread easily. i'd hate to have it come off in someones hand, after taking it off n on a bunch of times.

:rofl: i just got to thinking, i don't remember last time i had the hump on for a ride. :poke: i think she looks better with an army duffle strapped on back.:wow: i agree with Mr. Cow, thats a good lookin backside.:rofl:

??? Mine has 4 bolts, no allen heads on the grab rail.

I have 2 humps, one for each application involving the grab rail. When I ride solo, I like the look of no grab rail. When it is warmer and my wife rides with me more often, I put the grab rail on and the modded hump.

I got a killer deal on a near mint OEM hump on Ebay by waiting for a while.

Back