Grab bar and hump

dnstommy

Registered
Has anyone tried to make the hump fit with the grab bar on? I see some Gen I bikes with it, but on my Gen II it looks like even with grinding it wont fit.

Thanks

Let me ask this question for the thousandth time; Why screw up the cowl? Personally, I think it looks tacky to have a passenger grab bar hanging off the back of an aerodynamic cowling.

i did it... just because it's MUCH easier to put on/take off stands by your self...:thumbsup:

SANY0453.jpg

SANY0454.jpg

SANY0456.jpg

although it's a HUGE pain you can get it to work...

Did it to mine. Took a little more work than the Gen1, but worked out okay.

Thanks for the pics guys. When I look at the hump, the plastic plate inside looks to be too low. Can someone take their hump off, turn it upside down and take a me a pic of it.

Thanks

Let me ask this question for the thousandth time; Why screw up the cowl? Personally, I think it looks tacky to have a passenger grab bar hanging off the back of an aerodynamic cowling.

I have 7 and 10 year old kids I take on rides. I need it there for them. Taking the grab bar on and off 3 times a week is irritating.

I've never had the grab bar on either of my Busa's

If you don't like it, fine. It's not your bike he's asking about. That doesn't mean others won't like it.

It's called choice. :whistle:

It actually looks okay and its handy to have something to grap onto when putting the bike on or off the stand.

I actually touched the bike with the Jeep's front wheel, whilst reversing out, and the bike starting going over on the stand. By grabbing the grab rail through the window I saved the bike.

I am going to mod mine.???

Reactions: Ham
I have 7 and 10 year old kids I take on rides. I need it there for them. Taking the grab bar on and off 3 times a week is irritating.

That is exactly the reason I modified the hump on my 07.

Getting ready to do that with my 05. I personally think it looks pretty sweet, almost makes the grab bar look like a spoiler and I'm tired of the hump sitting in a box on my garage shelf. GOOD LUCK !

Back