Howdy Y'all

Ride it, F it, they're scratches...like scars.
Turn the traction control Off, have the rpms high in 1st or 2nd gear, at as slow a speed as you can, let off the gas, when the the rpms fall into the midrange, twist it hard...there's your wheelie.
Roll out of the gas easily as the front lifts, catch it in a balanced point, and there you are

Turn the traction control Off, have the rpms high in 1st or 2nd gear, at as slow a speed as you can, let off the gas, when the the rpms fall into the midrange, twist it hard...there's your wheelie.
Roll out of the gas easily as the front lifts, catch it in a balanced point, and there you are
Do I need traction control off? I've just put wheelie control off.

I have been thinking that a few light scratches (not dents or broken plastic), with maybe one or two deeper ones, can be thought of as adding character, a certain element of toughness/coolness. Like Scar from the Lion King.

Wh
They fall over on all of us at one time or another...

I got hit at an intersection on my 1200 Bandit which is no lightweight either...as I was in front of a line of cars (a car cut the corner and knocked me off the bike), I had to pick it up and quickly. I managed it before anyone came to help.

The elderly lady that hit me was pretty shook up and it didn't help that the line of cars behind me were all off duty cops and were pretty intimidating to her.

Watch a few videos of how to lift it and you'll be set for any future mishaps
What happened to your bike after the incident? How badly knocked up was it, and did you do any repairs?

Wh

What happened to your bike after the incident? How badly knocked up was it, and did you do any repairs?
As I was sitting still and basically got knocked over, the damage was minimal. I scratched the right fairing, the right engine case, broke the brake lever and signal light. What I didn't realize until later was the left rotor got bent.

I fixed it all myself, I had extra brake levers and signal lights and sanded and painted the engine case...I had to order a rotor.

*(As for the rotor-at first I thought I got air in the brake system as the lever would go to the bar and I'd lose my front brakes, I could pump it and get brakes so right away I thought of air, so I set out bleeding the system and the problem still persisted. I had it on the stand and hand spun the front tire a few times and it looked true..I got frustrated and took it to a bike shop my buddy owns and after a while of them scratching their heads they told me a rotor was bent....they said it's rare to bend one. As soon as I took it off and laid it on my work bench it was pretty obvious it was bent.)

Do I need traction control off? I've just put wheelie control off.

I have been thinking that a few light scratches (not dents or broken plastic), with maybe one or two deeper ones, can be thought of as adding character, a certain element of toughness/coolness. Like Scar from the Lion King.

Yes, traction control Off.

I always wanted to do this, but dont want to try it on the busa, I would like an f4i

I always wanted to do this, but dont want to try it on the busa, I would like an f4i

I have wheelied several gen cbr600's, all are great for them, and easily done, you have to ring their neck, but they jump right up.
However, the weight and torque of the Busa make it very stable in the air, it is not twitchy like lighter bikes can be.
This also makes wheelies very easy.
Busas really are one of my favorite bikes to wheelie...them and Hardly-Ablesons...just to see the reactions, lmao
Try some low Busa wheelies the same way I said above. You're in control of the amount of wheel lift, and the Busa engine makes that vs throttle input very 1 to 1, if that makes sense, vs having a smaller engine that you have to have screaming to get the wheel up.

F3's are also excellent bikes, although they've become harder to find in recent years.
I looked at a Smokin Joe's last year, great shape, but couldn't bring myself to pay $4300 for it.

I have wheelied several gen cbr600's, all are great for them, and easily done, you have to ring their neck, but they jump right up.
However, the weight and torque of the Busa make it very stable in the air, it is not twitchy like lighter bikes can be.
Busas really are one of my favorite bikes to wheelie...them and Hardly-Ablesons...just to see the reactions, lmao
Try some low Busa wheelies the same way I said above. You're in control of the amount of wheel lift, and the Busa engine makes that vs throttle input very 1 to 1, if that makes sense, vs having a smaller engine that you have to have screaming to get the wheel up.
My Bandit was a wheelie monster...the front tire would come up very easily..mostly when you didn't want it to...

Not the F3 or F4, or F4i
All were easy to wheelie, but you had to make them.
No big Bandit power on tap, lol
The most wheelie friendly bike I owned was my RD400F...once it hit 6000rpm and hit that power band, it went nuts. I put a set of Clubman bars on it to try and keep the front end down-that didn't work.

So the busa will make it easier to wheelie than an f4i? For someone just starting wheelies? I'm just afraid to dump it. I have the wheel come off the ground, but I let off right away

Hey folks. So I started using 3M earplugs with my new helmet (AGV pista)... and wow... the blocking of chaotic wind noise has drastically improved my performance.

It feels like I'm in a car at higher speeds now, my focus is so much more refined. I can now lane split fairly tight spots, at 100 m/h. My shifts have improved, proprioception feels better, confidence is up. Even at lower speeds, I get more feedback about the bike being upright, and have less unnecessary fear of 'tipping' over, because I can feel the traction when moving.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD late in adulthood and I am not on my medication when riding, so maybe this is why the removal of distracting noise is so helpful for me.

Hey folks. So I started using 3M earplugs with my new helmet (AGV pista)... and wow... the blocking of chaotic wind noise has drastically improved my performance.

It feels like I'm in a car at higher speeds now, my focus is so much more refined. I can now lane split fairly tight spots, at 100 m/h. My shifts have improved, proprioception feels better, confidence is up. Even at lower speeds, I get more feedback about the bike being upright, and have less unnecessary fear of 'tipping' over, because I can feel the traction when moving.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD late in adulthood and I am not on my medication when riding, so maybe this is why the removal of distracting noise is so helpful for me.
.....lane splitting at 100mph? There's a crash video in the making right there..

Many car drivers are scary enough one on one without being sandwiched between two of them..

Be careful out there.

Appreciate the concern, @DougE & @Bumblebee.

When I say lane splitting, I don't mean in standstill traffic, I mean on the highway, two cars/trucks next to each other (parallel or otherwise slightly offset), moving at 80 m/h +, and then I gap between em.

I've seen more experienced riders do this at 150 m/h or more, in much tighter gaps.

I agree, if one of the drivers does something stupid/unexpected, there's not much one can do. I suppose this is the risk one takes doing this. I am fully kitted, with an airbag too.

You've probably seen Ghostrider's videos, I meant like that, but like minus 80 m/h from his speed, and ignoring some of the extremely tight gaps, that's kind of what I'm doing.

Back