How many of you have never dropped bike or have gotten into accident on bike?

Two

Banned
When I first bought my 08 busa, i dropped it while trying to wax the chain without a rear stand. I only had the bike for two weeks when that happened.
A week later i bought a rear pit bull stand and a set of pazzo shorty levers.

With the same bike in the summer of 2009 i was coming home from a party in the dark around 11:00 at night doing around 65 mph and a deer jumped out in front of me, i hit the deer and it took out my whole right side fairing ,headlight and half of the nose cowling. I did not have time to even be scared it all happened soo quick, i gave my busa more throttle, i did not stop, go down, swerve, brake or anything. I checked damage next morning and just about cried, there was still deer hair on my tiforce exhaust.
Cost me over $1200.00 to fix out of pocket, no i did not have insurance.

I still have the same bike today with all OeM parts and a lot of mods.

I hate damn deer.

hmm funny how most often when you get a new Bike, Car or Truck, you're bound to have a little booboo or scratch on it somehow, in the first few weeks.
...cuz it's happened to me :banghead::banghead:

:laugh::laugh:

There is an old cliche that says:

There are two types of motorcyclists, those who have crashed and those who will.

Me personally I've had about 5 wrecks on the street, but the last one was nearly 20 years ago. I've been riding for 27 or so years.

Never been in an accident, never dumped on road BUT I did have a "tipover" in a driveway before I realized my Busa will slide off the kickstand with a downhill grade in neutral. Right after I bought it too, didn't even get it a block before I thought of pulling over and checking my directions for getting back to the highway. At least I have slider pegs.

ran into a jeep cherokee at a stop sign ( he started to go then stopped and I was checking for cross traffic then BAM ) :laugh: just got er all fixed up actually

I did the inevitable newibe motorcyclist "Forget to put the kickstand down" blunder. Within my first five rides in my busa. Luckily, I was in the garage, next the fiance's drag tires, they caught me and the bike, no damage :cheerleader:
We still make fun of me for it, and I only laugh it off beacuse no harm was done.

Dropped a Katana years ago at a red light. Actually, I jumped off the bike and ran, letting it fall. Some guy in his "souped up" civic was trying to cut across into the gas station next to me as fast as he could. He didn't even see me. He slammed the brakes and managed to only nudge the bike about a foot, his girlfriend was shrieking. He panic'd, put it in reverse and drove away as fast as possible. Many witnesses and no one got his tags. If I ever see that car again though, he will have many broken body parts. This all happened the day after a brand new paint job...

Not dropped but my 09 got a nice 4" scratch down to the plastic on the front when stuff in my garage fell over. My own damn fault for piling **** up by the bike. I got touch up paint but the gouge is too deep to not just blend away. Less than a month after I got it....

this was from my last brain fart while riding a wheelie. the bike was a 1989 GSXR1100 and the crash was in 1990. now I crash my dirt bike almost every time I go out but that is just playing around and usually not hard. I get all the goofy stuff out of my system in the dirt.

attachment.php

ATGATT now

boy that sux to hear man.. i am suprised noone got the plate # or saw his face ...

Yeah, I was in a sort of shock state and couldn't quite think clearly, all I remeber is the color/look of the car and his girlfriends face. God, it still fires me up to this day...

When I first bought my 08 busa, i dropped it while trying to wax the chain without a rear stand. I only had the bike for two weeks when that happened.
A week later i bought a rear pit bull stand and a set of pazzo shorty levers.

With the same bike in the summer of 2009 i was coming home from a party in the dark around 11:00 at night doing around 65 mph and a deer jumped out in front of me, i hit the deer and it took out my whole right side fairing ,headlight and half of the nose cowling. I did not have time to even be scared it all happened soo quick, i gave my busa more throttle, i did not stop, go down, swerve, brake or anything. I checked damage next morning and just about cried, there was still deer hair on my tiforce exhaust.
Cost me over $1200.00 to fix out of pocket, no i did not have insurance.

I still have the same bike today with all OeM parts and a lot of mods.

I hate damn deer.

hey bro,

Know the feeling, at least you did not have something like this happen to you,
mine was the normal coming back home from football practice, and was saying hi to my girl and her friend in front of our house forgot to put kickstand down and over she went, lol.

- Motorcycle hits a deer[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
uhhh just an observation...is this a newbie thread? alot of new folks only ones posting on it...and :welcome:

I used to have a '94 CBR600 that I taught myself to wheelie on and I looped that thing on more than one occassion but I dont really count that as a crash because I knew I was going to tear it up before I even started. It served its purpose well.

I have never had a crash on the street but I'm sure that I probably will before i'm done.

:laugh: motorcycles are a very expensive sport, aren't they, kinda like woman, ya can't live without them and you can't live without them, ya just fix'em right back up again.

:laugh: motorcycles are a very expensive sport, aren't they, kinda like woman, ya beat on them, ride the wheels off of them, and when they get a bit old looking, new plastic parts and they are good as new, lol.

fixed!!

Back