best tire you have gotten

DDAaaaammmmnnnn I grew up around there off of Lottsford Vista Road before Mitchellville is what it is now

Live up that way from 77 to 90

We gotta hook up and ride when it warms up...

I am in Bradywine off of Brandywine Rd rural land down this way.....you familiar with the area???

You ever have any luck hookin up with any local riders....I checked back on your previous posts and saw you were trying to hook up with someone from Ft Wash.... MY wife is from that area......

Pirelli Diablo Super Corsas!!! Dont last long, but the peace of mind is great!
smile.gif

Actually, I am new to the MD area. So I don't know my way around. We can definitely get together and ride. I never got to ride with that fella from Ft. Washington. My email address is cuffeed@comcast.net. Just holla and we can go for a ride. I think we should do a MD roll call. What do you think?

True dat......I am down for a ride every now and again
I go out during the day when ever we get a lil warm weather but right now the weather is a little unpredictable to plan anything.....
I rode three days last week and i think it was tuesday this week when it got up to 60 degrees......LOL thats the day I topped my bike out in 5th gear for the first time and saw the shift light come on..... would have pulled sixth but ran out of room.......
I'll hit u up with an email so you can have mine and we can hook up......

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thinkin bout gettin some BT-014s and was wondering if somebody can tell me how many miles they usu get out of the front and rear. Thanks

Tried 208s, Pilot Sports, and currently on my second M1Ps. Like the Pilot and the M1 equally, but the front M1 is really noisy around town, say 45 mph. I won't put another 208 on my bike. Oh yeah, I liked the stockers, but the rear just powders away. I was getting less than 2k out of one.

I didn't like the 208s at all. Horrible traction and they wore out REAL fast, less than 2k.

I really like the Pirelli Diablo and the Metzler M1 (180/55). The 180/55 is a taller tire than the 190/50 and 200/50. The slight raise in rear ride height along with the slimmer profile helps quicken the steering... plus it's about $10 cheaper, lol.

I've gotten 3x the longevity out of my Avon A46 than my M1 Sportec. I actually have over 7k miles on my Avon while the M1 would average ~3k miles.

I HAVE THE ANSWER TO ALL OF YOUR TIRE WOES. I have had the stockers, dunlop 207's, diablos, bt 010's and 012's.  But my favorite tire (which by the way i will be getting when i scorch this 208 on my 12) will be the Continental Contiforce Max.  It is inexpensive.  $106.00 on www.parts411.com and she sticks like flypaper and lasts a long as time.  I put about 7k of street riding. then i finished her off at the drag strip after 33 passes all with burnouts.  Then rode her for another 400 miles or so before i put on another one.  And at the prices you can get them, they are worth MY weight in gold!!!!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108830106 -->

I've gotten 3x the longevity out of my Avon A46 than my M1 Sportec. I actually have over 7k miles on my Avon while the M1 would average ~3k miles.
Hey bro, can you give us a bit of a run down on the Avon"s? Traction, handling, noise and all that.....how do you like them overall? You gonna buy em again?

Thanks,
Monty

On bikes that make as much torque as a big bore does, you kinda have to treat tires as a consumable and not make ANY compromise on longevity over traction. IMO anyway.

Personally I love the pilot powers. A friend has them and he got 7000 miles of hard riding out of them. I wheelie (a little) on mine no problem but I know what Tufbusa means-they are a high profile tire.

Pirelli Diablo Corsa, not the longest lasting tire but a great tire for the twisties.

I've gotten 3x the longevity out of my Avon A46 than my M1 Sportec.  I actually have over 7k miles on my Avon while the M1 would average ~3k miles.
Hey bro, can you give us a bit of a run down on the Avon"s?  Traction, handling, noise and all that.....how do you like them overall?  You gonna buy em again?

Thanks,
Monty
Doesn't quite grab as hard as the M1 in twisties, then again I'm far from twisty master. Overall traction just as good if not better than the M1 and oh yeah I'll be buying them as long as they're out lasting the competition.

Hey bro, can you give us a bit of a run down on the Avon"s? Traction, handling, noise and all that.....how do you like them overall? You gonna buy em again?

Thanks,
Monty
Doesn't quite grab as hard as the M1 in twisties, then again I'm far from twisty master. Overall traction just as good if not better than the M1 and oh yeah I'll be buying them as long as they're out lasting the competition.
Thanks bro, appreciate it. I'm thinking I'm gonna give them a shot this summer when I'm ready for another full set. I've heard good things about them and how can you beat a tire that grips as good as most but lasts two or three times as long....good times.

I have tried every tire on one bike or another adn the best I have found is the Metzler I have used all of them from the MEZ1 and now I just put on a set of Sporttecs.

Back