best tire you have gotten

Shindo97

Registered
the Stocker is gone now...what is a badass tire...

Need Great traction, but not to wear out TOO quick. Also a good size as well. The stockers i thought were great though. Especially for my riding style. Small bursts of getting on it.

My bike sits at 70 mph 95% of the time...i jsut love being on it.

From the previous posts discussing tires I am looking at getting a set of the Bridgestone BT 014. Take a look at them.

Need Great Traction but not to Wear Out TOO Quick!

Well son, you are asking the impossible. The better the traction, the softer the tire, the faster it wears! Just the nature of the beast.

If you are looking for a great sticky tire that has pretty good longivity, I recommend the BT014. I am on my fourth set and love them. They stick like glue, warm up quickly, don't have to get them really hot to stick,are dual compound and get pretty good mileage before heading to the junk pile.

However, if you want a tire to last as well as perform, you are probably better off with the stock BT056. They stick pretty well and mileage is good if you don't burn them off with power. I have run them on the track and chewed them up out to the bitter edge. Never had one slip. With your riding style, you well never out ride your stock tire. Very stable at speed as well.

Some guys like to put a 200 on the rear for posing. It looks bad ass but doesn't perform as well as the 190. If you want to make your scooter turn in quicker, go with a 180!

Tufbusa can you explain what you mean when you say "want to make your scooter turn in quicker, go with a 180!"?

I'm running dunlop 208zr's now.. friend is trying pirelli's (sp?)

doubt I'll change, for the price the dunlops are excellent..

The only thing that I liked about the D208's was that it was easy to predict when they would fail on you. Breaking traction took no effort at all, but was predictable so not as bad as most would think. Usually got about 2 1/2 months out of a rear. Running Pilot Powers now and couldn't be happier.

Turning in quicker with the 180?

The 180 is slightly smaller than the stock 190. The results is good in the sense that when you are coming into a curve, push on the bars and it gets to full lean faster than with the 190. Lots of guys prefer the 180 on the track. However, the 180 gives you slightly less ground contact since it's a smaller tire. I would recommend you stay with the 190 since you probably won't be spending lots of time at the track and for street riding it makes little difference.

As far as the Dunlop 208s go, I used one set of them and that was enough for me. They are a great tire once they are hot but you can rarely get them hot enough on the streets to reach peak performance? Your busa will spin those puppies at the drop of a hat when they are cold and it seem to take a while to warm them up. I could spin them on my busa whenever I wanted. I just didn't like them. However, when I was on the track and the 208 was hot, it performed quite well. I think the Dunlop 218 dual compound is a far better choice.

I personally dislike the pilot powers a they have an agressive profile and make very poor wheelie tires. Great for track days but poor street tires IMO!

I don't do a whole lot of wheelies so the Powers are still great for me. One thing I did notice when I was using 180's is that unless in an area where you could regularly get to the sides of the tire, they don't last but maybe a month and half. When I got stationed in Fl I had to go back to a 190 just for tire life.

the Stocker is gone now...what is a badass tire...

Need Great traction, but not to wear out TOO quick.  Also a good size as well.  The stockers i thought were great though.  Especially for my riding style.  Small bursts of getting on it.

My bike sits at 70 mph 95% of the time...i jsut love being on it.
If your bike sits at 70 and you are using it for a commuter/ tourer most of the time, I would recommend Avons. I have never tried them personally, as I normally run softer tires, but I hear they have great tread life.

Also michelin makes a sport touring tire call the macadam that has good tread life.

I think the Dunlop 218 dual compound is a far better choice.

I personally dislike the pilot powers a they have an agressive profile and make very poor wheelie tires. Great for track days but poor street tires IMO!
The 218's are so danged expensive... if you can even find them. They're honestly not that bad once they warm up though. As for wear, I'm just about done with the rear D218 on the 10 and only have around 1800 miles on it. I doubt I'll get 2k before it's totally gone.

As for the Powers, I loved them on the street/twisties on the busa... but I don't wheelie. Maybe you should say great for track days and street twisties, but poor stuntin' tires. It's not exactly fair to call such a great tire a "poor street tire" just because they are not best suited for wheelies. Being good for wheelies is not even a criteria for me when I'm lookin' at tires. Also, I don't think Michelin designed the Powers with wheelies in mind. For what they're designed for though, the are EXCELLENT street tires.
wink.gif

Bullet, where have you been dude, we have missed you around here! There is just nobody to harass unless you are available
tounge.gif

I really don't have anything bad to say about the pilot powers other than I don't care for the agressive profile on the streets. I hear good things about them and I see guys running them at the track quite often. However, Michelin is a French owned company and for that reason alone I personally won't buy them. But then, I am a loyal american and I don't buy anything that comes from France
wink.gif

What have you been up to Bullet? Out chasing the bad guys?

Bullet, where have you been dude, we have missed you around here! There is just nobody to harass unless you are available
tounge.gif

I really don't have anything bad to say about the pilot powers other than I don't care for the agressive profile on the streets. I hear good things about them and I see guys running them at the track quite often. However, Michelin is a French owned company and for that reason alone I personally won't buy them. But then, I am a loyal american and I don't buy anything that comes from France
wink.gif

What have you been up to Bullet? Out chasing the bad guys?
Ummm, I've been around. My post count per day is 16.89... I've been postin'. Maybe you've just missed my posts.
rock.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

I put some BT014's on about 500 miles ago and I think they're great. Warm up pretty fast and great in the curves not to mention quite a bargain compared to many others, just my .02

I have been running the Metzlers Sportec M1 P's and have had great luck with them on the street but I have a new set of Pilot Powers waiting to go on this summer so we will see. The metzlers have been really good to me other than it feels like they take a while to get up to temp on the street.

I usually get around 3-3500 miles out of a rear and close to 8000 out of the front. I am not a weekend racer yet I'm not easy on them either so take that for what it is.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108698957 -->

ive done a lot of reading and i was going with a d208 zr, but i think im going to go with a pilot power now. check ebay you can find a deal on a set every now and then.

funny, i thought the d208zr sucked pretty bad. non aggressive profile, decent warm up time, horrible wet/cold traction, not very sticky when warmed up, but predictable when it slides.

Oh well thats just my take. Maybe I just ride too damned fast.

Wait, did I just say that outloud? Naaawwww...
tounge.gif

I still think MIchelin Pilot Sport HPX are the best overall for traction, warm up, side grip,and longevity.
I have been burning at least 4 tires a season for the past few years.
And they give the best bang for the buck.

Hey guys......the Michelin Power tire you all are speaking on.....Is this the one I have been trying to get feedback on?
I posted sumthin about it on the Twisties forum.....
"Michelin Pilot Power Ultra High Performance Street Tire"
Trying to get a good drag/street tire rather than the Shinko....

And what's this "profile" talk in ref to this tire?
It's not good for wheeling???  The tire resists wheeling because of the profile?? Explain this....This sounds like a sweet tire for Drag Racing then......
Is it wider, or taller,  and does it lay down a bigger contact area??

Holla at me......

HEY Cuffee..... Are you close to me in Maryland?
rock.gif
?

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108735179 -->

Back