What is the babdboy of tires

Shindo97

Registered
so what is a really kickass set of tires i should go with for the Busa.

Still rollin on stockers, but am preparing for the next set.

On my Supra i use Potenza S03's....they are badass
Super sticky, and great in wet if u get caught in the rain

I really like the BT10. It gives good milage for touring, and
is still sticky enough to hang in the twistys. Also, the
AV45/46 are good. Seem a little slow in turn in on twistys,
but solid on touring.

depends on your riding style....I have diablo corsa's, great twisties tire, stick like glue, wear out quick...mine lasted two months. I'm going with the Mich Powers next time, hearing good things about them on some other boards. Might last a tad bit longer and less expensive then the corsa's. Can't help with tires for any other type of riding, not many straight roads here.

On my kat I have the Pirelli Diablo so that is what I will go with next. Great tread design and trackion for wet and dry and warms up quick in the rain

I'm going BACK to Diablo, from Pilot Sports, or maybe the Powers. I think Diablo though, cuz I do many freezing rides and they still stuck. I don't trust the Powers in 32 and less temps yet

Still ridin' on stock tires, but think my change will be with Pirelli Diablos in a couple weeks since I had the rims done up. May as well get everything changed and then reset.

Everybody will have differing opinions, but so far I'm still on my fairly new set of Metzeler Sportec M1's. Super sticky and will warm up quickly. Haven't put enough miles on them to give you a mileage evaluation, but I'm workin' on it.
wink.gif

Depends if you are looking for all Brands top of the line are good. Some are bette for twisty roads like erril or Mets. Eveyone has a tire they lik better. Find a rider that rides like you and use that tire. They don't last that log on a Busa anyway, so you ca always try something again latter. I like BT 12's and BT 14's. Pirrilli is the best handling but they do not last long on straight roads in FL.

Well everyone above is full of Crap...
laugh.gif

Nah But I think the current NEW crop of tires are supposed to be the best... Bridgestone BT-014s and Michilins? Michilieans? Micheliens? GRRR..

(WHATEVER!!! THEM FAGGETY ASS NAMED FRENCH FUGGING TIRES) Mich. Pilot Power are supposed to be the new cats-ass for big horspower bikes... That's what I was trying to say.... They are both new in 04 so not a lot of folks have experianced them... So Obviously you need to go with one of these choices and report back...
wink.gif

OH and what the Eater Said.... I have friends that Swear Dunlops are the best tires in the World... I tried em' and fuggin hated them... Makes me wonder what my friends are thinking... But really it does come down to what you want.

I am looking for some new rubber front and rear myself. I am thinking Bridgestone BT014s front and rear. Then again the Pilot Powers are supposed to be cool... And I get a fat little dude on the edge of the tread to rub off... Which is nice. I dunno, I'll prolly stick with Bridgstone, So far I have no Complaints about the 010's so why mess it up? Slap on what should be a better tire able to handle the power and weight of the busa, No worries...

sort of my unoffical, and biased, observations over the past year, I heard these 4 the most in posts:
1) Pirelli Diablo
2) M1
3) BT[insert one of 42 numbers here]
4) Pilot Power

in that order

I didn't enjoy sliding around on Dunlops. and now the Pilot Sports lost my favor, as temps dip, wrist twist produces spin on my Sports. Yech. I gotta melt them and get back to Diablo's QUICK!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096582820 -->

just got my bt014 put on 3 days ago. i love it, but can only compare it to a used bt010. night and day to me, but i guess that is to be expected. the price is attractive at parts411.com under $130. i got mine for 170 locally.

new_tire_002.jpg

and i run bfg drag radials on my 300zx tt. w/ @500 rwhp. currently under construction to get closer to 750.

myzgreenchromewheelsin_bsmt.jpg

i have had the bridgestone bt014 on for about 4000 miles and have absolutely loved them. and i think i have another 400-500 miles left on them. the dunlop 207 i had on before i only got about 2000 miles on it. and i rode the bt014's harder than the dulop 207.

I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER SET OF THE BT014'S
good luck with ur decision. blu88
biggrin.gif

ok, jacked it up coming down the street yesterday, guess the tire was spinning more than it felt like because when I went to ride this am, the rear had cord showing. I knew the old corsa was getting thin but dang! Went down to get some Powers put on and found out they are back ordered until the middle of October. Had to do something so I went with 2 new M1 Sport Techs....ok price I think, $298 including mount & balance. They look bad ass, better then the corsa's imo. After initial ride, I can tell you they are not as fast side to side as the corsa's....but otherwise ok so far. I really need to slow down anyway....
grim.gif

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096654036 -->

Hmm, I am leaning towards the BT014s... Besides if I put Metzlers on there Raider will get to say "Told you so" and we cannot have that...
biggrin.gif

Back