How many of you have never dropped bike or have gotten into accident on bike?

Confusing question. How many of you have never dropped bike or have gotten into accident on bike? ???

I've both dropped and gotten into an accident on bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two
motorcycles are a very expensive sport, aren't they, kinda like woman, ya beat on them, ride the wheels off of them, and when they get a bit old looking, new plastic parts and they are good as new, lol.

:laugh::laugh:funny

I've never been involved with another vehicle during or as a result of a crash but I've certainly had my fair share of crashes. Every single crash was absolutely 100% my fault. Almost every crash was due to running out of talent just when I needed it most! :whistle:

Motorcycles don't crash, riders crash!

And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they aren't accidents, they are "CRASHES" :thumbsup:

Dropped my 05 ZZR1200 in the garage on a rainy day putting it up on the centerstand. My boot slipped and we both went over in the corner. More damage went to my hand and the window it went through while trying to catch myself. The gas tank landed on a broomstick and the exhaust landed on a patio paving brick. It never made it down to the ground.

Weirdest thing was when I lifted it later, I had a dent from the wooden broomstick and not so much as a scratch on my exhaust. Go figure.

Had a friend who always said if its new you will drop it so he just got it out of the way at the dealership. He would go and buy a brand new bike and when he recieved the keys would go up and kick it over.

Oddly enough he has never been in an accident or tipped it over in any other way shape or form.

Had a friend who always said if its new you will drop it so he just got it out of the way at the dealership. He would go and buy a brand new bike and when he recieved the keys would go up and kick it over.

Oddly enough he has never been in an accident or tipped it over in any other way shape or form.

Now that's rediculous...

i droped mine once when i pulled over to check my phone in my trunk. i was on a slight downward hill. it was on the kickstand. luckly it fell towards me and my leg shielded it from the pavement. dodged a bullet there :whistle:

Lowsided my first bike after i had been riding for a few months.... Rode into winter in iowa and they had sanded the roads... tried pulling a u turn in gravel... poor choice!!!

I have to say, getting that first lowside out of the way, made for a MUCH more relaxed rider on the grips... getting that first one out of the way leaves you saying "OH, thats not so bad after all"

Flopped the busa a couple times, both nice and slow.... usually when the bike pulled me over with it as i was wrenching trying to save it...

live and learn...

6 months ago but to make it worse I was at a Sports Bike MSF class and I did it in front of everyone while negotiating though some cones at too slow of speed. I blamed it on the idiot riding to slow in front of me but the instructor dimed me out saying I should have had better control of the bike...ugh!

When I was a dispatch rider had a few never my fault. Worst one a woman in a mini came out of a one way street the wrong way I hit the side of her car somersaulted over the roof landed on my back head snapped backwards and hit my crash helmet on the road, all I could hear was women screaming. Someone must have been looking after me that day as the only injuries I had was the usual elbow, ankle and hip soreness, I was very lucky.

A lot of crashes under my belt, well about 13 accidents not sure if thats a lot sure feels like a lot to me:laugh:

I refuse to answer this because it doesn't happen until you mention that it hasn't happened. One bad wreck about 10-11 years ago.

No wreck on KING, (knock on wood) but I did have a 100ft spill on my 600. A guy cut me off trying to get to McDonalds and down I went. I skidded about 100ft.

My first bike was a yamaha v-star 650. My wreck happened a day before Christmas of 93. An 18 year old pulled out into my line of travel. I spent two weeks in the hospital and another two weeks In a rehab hospital. 2nd was on my busa. it happened because of cold tires,the bike slipped from under me while I was turning. 3rd accident happen on my busa as well and i went into a curve to hot.

Leaving mother in-laws house one day...shouldve gone down the driveway what did I do?? Went through the grass and caught the divit where the grab and curb meet...sigh...low speed, bike threw me off into the street...luckily I stuck the landing and the judges gave me an 8.9:laugh::laugh:

My first bike.... had a accident which only affected me. A box fell off a truck... got hit by a car.... and then hit me chest up! It was a card board box with wood stapled to it. Slid 1000 ft with bike chasing me. Rode home with the bike tore up!

My second bike.... Fzr 600. Was knocked down by a guy at work. Ran in to it backing up. Then I dropped it when the X girl friend shifted her weight on an incline.... throwing me off balance. Same bike. Moving it from the garage to the back yard and hit mud. Went down on its side.

My Aprilia Rsv1000 2 weeks after I got the bike. I was in parking lot at work on my bike. Hit sand and washed out the front. I tried to save it, my back pack shifted and from 2" to the ground I dropped it. My back gave out.

My 2002 Gsxr 1000 first one. Went down due to oil in the road. Totaled the bike. Found the car that lost its oil drain plug around the corner. Followed the oil trail!

My 2nd 02 Gsxr 1000. Went down due to anti freeze on the road. The second time was rocks dumped by a dump truck.... that one I had the current girlfriend on.... It was either try to save it and run the risk of hitting the barrier or run it off the grass after I saved the lowside then high side the was happening... It sucked all the way around!

Don't complain about the cost.. my last wreck it was cheaper for me to just buy a new one.... after I had my shoulder put back together.

A wise man once told me there are two types of riders: The ones who have crashed and the ones who areabout to.

My worst crash was 100+mph lowside in a sweeper... the leathers and helmet were destroyed, I walked away with a broken thumb and some bruises. ATGATT

Dumbest was putting the kickstand down in a hot southern california parking lot...asphalt melted as I walked away...cost me left side front & rear signals and plastics...ouch

No drops or tip overs, no accidents on the road. I've had a couple of lowsides at the track but they were painless to me and the bike.

Back