High speed question? How many of you have?

OMG! Just when I was feeling all happyface after finishing a 15 page conversation about gay rights so smoothly! Can anybody see the CONTEXT of what Tuf was posting? That of breaking skilz? No, we must post how learned and experienced we are to discount the importance of braking skills.

Someone that teaches high performance riding for a living posts a meaningful topic and suggests the importance of practice and suddenly people use the post as a platform to censor either the whole idea or the particular wording/approach Tuf used to bring the subject up. The overriding point of this post is improving one's freeking braking ability and it's looked at too infrequently by most riders (including self professed "high end" riders).

Remember the more you say you know is directly porportional to what you should probably learn. Humility is a strength not a weakness. Raydog

High speeds have high risks end of story

I feel sorry for you city folks when cagers do this kind of stuff to you .

slowbraking.jpg

I am only scared of the wildlife or loose cow getting in my way when doing the triple digits. :laugh:

OMG! Just when I was feeling all happyface after finishing a 15 page conversation about gay rights so smoothly! Can anybody see the CONTEXT of what Tuf was posting? That of breaking skilz? No, we must post how learned and experienced we are to discount the importance of braking skills.

Someone that teaches high performance riding for a living posts a meaningful topic and suggests the importance of practice and suddenly people use the post as a platform to censor either the whole idea or the particular wording/approach Tuf used to bring the subject up. The overriding point of this post is improving one's freeking braking ability and it's looked at too infrequently by most riders (including self professed "high end" riders).

Remember the more you say you know is directly porportional to what you should probably learn. Humility is a strength not a weakness. Raydog

Tuf probably knows more about riding the edge of the envelope than anyone else here. That being said, the problem is the way he comes across with his messages takes away from the message he is trying to convey.

I used to ignore his posts until I learned how to read them. I wish I could spend some time with him as there is much I could learn from him.

Tuf probably knows more about riding the edge of the envelope than anyone else here. That being said, the problem is the way he comes across with his messages takes away from the message he is trying to convey.

I used to ignore his posts until I learned how to read them. I wish I could spend some time with him as there is much I could learn from him.

Maybe that doesn't affect me as much because, I too, am an ornery ol bastidge! (of course, no offense Tuf!). Doyle

The fastest I've gone is 150. I usually cruise at 70-80, more rarely 90-100.
That's because of what traffic allows on my daily commute. I'm usually tucked in safe in the HOV lane with a concrete divider on the left and a no cross (heavy fine and points) line on my right, so I feel pretty safe. Same conditions with less traffic on the weekend and I'll go a buck ten to a buck forty and feel both exhilarated and safe.

I'm looking for a place to join the 200 club. I've got full Akrapovic, Power Commander V, and K+N so I think I can do it. Are my expectations too high? I'm told There's an abandoned jet airstrip that you can use without permission out in the Boonies near me. I'm also told one makes a few noisy low speed passes to scare the animals off and then take your max pass.

Back