How many miles do you ride each day?

I average 100 round trip comute to work, and ride every chance weather permits. On weekends add another 150+ and the only time I feel tired or run down is when I'm dehydrated. So make sure you drink ALOT of water everyday you ride.
super.gif

(1 BAD 2K @ May 14 2007,00:07) I average 100 round trip comute to work, and ride every chance weather permits. On weekends add another 150+ and the only time I feel tired or run down is when I'm dehydrated. So make sure you drink ALOT of water everyday you ride.
super.gif
More water... I'll do that. I drink a lot of Diet Mt. Dew everyday... could that be a negative factor in this mix?

more water...

102 miles a day for the last 5 years, minus deployments. No problems.

If I'm working local, I ride the busa in-- its around 40 miles RT. Nothing better than starting and ending the day on the busa!

About a 60 mile a day commute without diversions (which are frequent). No pain to speak of but my fingers do get numb (too many years of Upholstery and Computer Work) in the mornings. I have a number of Comfort mods on my bike though. Bar Risers, Buell pegs, Corbin Seat, ST Shield, Grip Warmers, Throttle Rocker, Heavy Bar ends etc. I have a set of Throttlemeisters as well but they are just not my thing. That is the one thing I wish I could rectify. I have ridden with the little NEP throttle lock for the last 20 years and loved em but was foiled in my attempts to make one work on the busa for various reasons. I think an Electronic Cruise may be in my future.

Don't let BusaWhipped kid you. His commute is 35 miles to work, but he and I normally do 60-70 miles coming home from work. I'm like him, riding makes me arrive at my destination with a
biggrin.gif
on my face and a spring in my step!

OK - so all whimpiness aside - I gotta tell you - I love blitzen through traffic on the busa... It is 1000 times better than a cage... tired or not... Every day it's just gettin' better.

Keep the bimmer... I got me some fun on the buse...

When I can, I do my day trips on the Busa. Generally its between 200-700 km per day. (120-420 miles)

When things are real good, its 5 days per week, so up to 3500km (2100 miles) in a week, but it has to be days I dont have a lot of samples to haul. Most I ever did was 4000 km in a week, and I was not in a big rush to get back on the next week. I sure love the Corbin beetle bags, hate a backpack, and still need a small laptop that will fit in the corbin.

(Ken02busa @ May 16 2007,16:30) When I can, I do my day trips on the Busa. Generally its between 200-700 km per day. (120-420 miles)

When things are real good, its 5 days per week, so up to 3500km (2100 miles) in a week, but it has to be days I dont have a lot of samples to haul. Most I ever did was 4000 km in a week, and I was not in a big rush to get back on the next week. I sure love the Corbin beetle bags, hate a backpack, and still need a small laptop that will fit in the corbin.
Wow! That's a lot of km's. The Sony Vaio (their small one) is a great laptop if you're a biker. Weight: 2.84 lbs with standard battery
Measurements: 10.7â€￾ (W) X 0.83â€￾ -1.23â€￾ (H) X 7.7â€￾ (D)

Sony Vaio Site has the info. A bit pricey, but worth it if you use it and haul it every day.

(Rocketman @ May 13 2007,10:58) Question:

I ride my busa to work every day 35 miles one way and I love it.  I go to lunch and take her out.   I commute back home through the twisties.  I can't get enough of riding even after 3 years.

By Friday - I feel like I've gone through the wringer.  I've been commuting 2 solid weeks and I am beat!

Is riding that physically demanding or am I just getting my riding muscles back after surgery 8 weeks ago?  

Do you commute every day?  If so - how far?  
At the end of the week - are you good to go or do you feel the weeks ride?

race.gif
ditto!!!
jump9.gif

Commute 4o miles a day in this hot Texas heat. Get a camelback and fill it up with ice then water, does not take up space, and if your thirsty you can drink along your commute.

Water will help in all weather conditions. Good luck.

Back