how many miles on yer bike?

kingbrutis

Registered
I am in the market to buy a used busa. I am just wondering how many miles are on your bikes. I drive/ride 26K a year, just to and from work. I am going to use it a nice, fast commuting bike. The roads are wide open but with trucks that fly. I need the weight to help stibility. Anyway, I have looked at bikes from 2,000 miles to 40,000. Wouldn't a well taken care of 40,000 mile bike be more reliable than a abused 2,000? What kid of mileage do you get. I will be cruising 75-80 mph. Thanks Joe

BTW, I had an F2 that had 44,000 miles

I have had my bike for about 9 months and have ~ 1200 miles on her. I went for about a 200 mile trip today and averaged 34 MPG. We were doing varying speeds due to the roads. Anywhere from 20 MPH to 75 MPH. I would say that anything "well taken care" of is better than anything "abused," but I don't know if you want to start that high.

I get between 30 - 40 MPG depending on driving conditions and distances. I have had mine for a couple of months and now have 1300 miles on her. I agree with BigBS, milage isn't as important as care and maintenance on these big bore motors. They should last thousands of miles if taken care of and maintained.

I got mine in mid October and I have ridden just over 5700 miles and she runs strong. I get about 30 mpg riding the twisties. I will let you know my freeway mileage when after I ride back from Deal's Gap.

03 Busa since 03 July, currently have 9.5K, she does fine when just cruizen, however when I hit the twisties "everyday" she sucks some fuel, big time... commute 75 miles a day.... have fun

I have had the busa for about 1.5 years and have 3700 on her. She has been down for 7 months though!

03 since last May pushing 12,500 miles.  Saw thread recently that showed a pic of a Busa with >80,000 miles.

To answer your question, a busa with >20,000 well maintained is better than a busa with 2,000 miles of abusive riding. Do your research and don't depend on mileage alone as the deciding factor. That's why a test ride is very important prior to purchase. Good luck and happy shopping.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082392600 -->

Damn BigDawg 12.5k:O You know you have the fastest color black/grey?
rock.gif
?

have an 02. Had it for just over 18 months and have 20k+ on right now. No problems yet. Average mpg ~40

Back