How many miles do you ride each day?

Rocketman

Registered
Question:

I ride my busa to work every day 35 miles one way and I love it. I go to lunch and take her out. I commute back home through the twisties. I can't get enough of riding even after 3 years.

By Friday - I feel like I've gone through the wringer. I've been commuting 2 solid weeks and I am beat!

Is riding that physically demanding or am I just getting my riding muscles back after surgery 8 weeks ago?

Do you commute every day? If so - how far?
At the end of the week - are you good to go or do you feel the weeks ride?

race.gif

Sounds like my week, other than I get revialized by riding.  350 miles a week commuting. I also put on a few hundred on the weekends for fun. Keep riding and your endurance will come up.

I'm a weekend warrior, since my commute to work is about 5 minutes each way. Deb and I usually do 200 miles or so on our rides, and yes our butts are ready for rest by then. As BusaWhipped mentioned, more seat time will get your endurance up
beerchug.gif

I ride about 25 miles a day on work days and between 150-500 on the weekends, just depends on who's out riding with us.
beerchug.gif

I do get a little sore, but it seems like 15 minutes in my recliner before i feening to get back out and ride.
AAAssjani.gif

I normally ride to work (when weather allows) and it is a 44 mile round trip, 10 miles are secondary roads and the rest is highway riding. Then on the weekends I put on anywhere from 50 to 200 miles each day. If your riding in the sun a lot and getting hot, that could be a large reason why you are getting run down. The heat will take it out of you every time.

for me i ride around 200-500 miles on the weekend .that one day if i ride both days the miles are more.most of my riding is done in the mtn. around the house..iam worn out but love every bit of it..a bad back doesnot help any too. love the busa .if i had a gsxr 1k i could not ride that far for sure..

I ride everyday, weather permitting, no muscle discomfort, just financial. Rear tires bite.
laugh.gif

I commute everyday, but it isn't that far. Maybe 20 miles there and back. I love it. Then I end up putting another 200 or 300 miles on the weekends. Can't get enough

My commute is 108 miles, roundtrip, each day . And yes, after the 4th or 5th........ 12 hour shift in a row, I'd rather just take the cage .

I'm riding 35 miles to work 35 home. Sometimes to lunch. So if I ride everyday then I'm riding 350 plus during the week.

i know i just rode about 150 after not riding for a while and i am beat i finally got a job that i can ride my bike to so i am going to start doing that for a while

My 47 year old butt just put 200 miles on yesterday with USN and my lower back and right wrist were sore. All is good today though!

40 mi;les a day to work and back. Take it to lunch and sometimes go for a ride when I get home at 9PM. Ride on the weekends after doing chores like mowing etc.

I do a 130 roundtrip commute everyday weather permitting....650 miles in a week providing I get to ride all 5 days----then I do probably between another 50 to 100 miles on the weekends, sometimes more.

I don't feel too bad after the weeks out...really loving my bike as it took me 8 years of waiting to be able to get it!!!!

The ONLY thing I hate with all those miles is that I have to change rear tires too often...just bought my 2nd new tire (going with the Pilot Power this time)....bought an avon Viper for the initial replacement tire from the OEM one and got about 7000 out of the viper...was very pleased---just wanted to try the Pilot power this time!!!
Also, OIL changes come way too often at about $42 bucks a pop....that kinda hurts ya know.... other than that it's all GOOD!!!!

Had my bike ('06 blue/gray BEFORE I had the custom paint done) for only 10 MONTHS now and just went over 15000 miles on it!!!! That shows ya how much I love the beast!!!

100_4439copy.jpg

I ride everyday if it isn't raining when I leave for work.
105 round trip, plus out to lunch. Mostly country roads, a few twists and a killer 7 mile straightaway. I've put 16.3k on her since new last May. Got 9200 out of the first two Bridgestones combined, and 6500 out of the last Avon. Yeah, this bike loves the rear tire!!!
Did a mod to the stock peg to lower it 3/4". I evidently need that room with boots, because my sons stock peg height '05 cramps my legs after an hour in the saddle.
Neck pain is probably the worst for me. If I ride for more than 3 days straight, I can really start to feel it burn where it meets the shoulder. Even though, a day on the bike with a little discomfort is better than a day in the cage.

super.gif

You're probably just getting back in shape after being off. It takes about 6 weeks to get back to where you were before.

I'm through my 4th set of tires in three years. I'm getting the new Bridgestones BT -021's on this week. I kept eating up the Pilot Powers and they're much more expensive.

ya know - the one thing about riding the bike everday - it's not like a cage in terms of satisfaction. I drive a BMW cage, and it's nice. But even commuting - my busa puts a smile on my face every time. friggin weird.

beerchug.gif

Back