A tire that will do better than 3500 miles

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
I use the bike mostly to commute 110 miles/day.
The stocker is near gone on the rear. I don't dog the bike too much, so the wear is highway miles. Is there anything I can go back with that will do better than 3500 miles?

Thanks

I don't know yet, but when I change Iam going with Avons. They always gave me 4500 to 5000 on the rear of my Duc and from the people on here who have them, they also love'em !
wink.gif

Installed a PP on the rear just before my 3,700 mile tour and it still looks great at over 4,000. Lots of straights and lots of corners along the way, and no complaints.

I have a metzler m4 just about gone at 6800 miles some burn outs a few wheelies lots of 150 mph runs
biggrin.gif

I must be doing something wrong, I got 5,000 on my stock tires and they still look like I can put on another 1,500 more
rock.gif

I guess I'm an aggressive rider and didn't know it.

BTW, I'm talking about to the bottom of the wear indicator, not to the rim.
biggrin.gif

I have the same dilemma, I am on my second Bridgestone stocker due to the first being punctured. I only put about 3700 miles on it and I don't ride hard and it needs to be changed. It is also has indentations from what I guess are rocks from the pavement. I want a set that will last for at least 5000 miles no matter how hard I ride without doing burnouts.

I put the Avon 45/46 set on mine. I have about 1200 miles on the tires and they still look 99% brand new. I do about 150 miles a day for a commute.

I got 3700 miles out of my original rear (no burnouts). I just put a Metzeler M3 on Wednesday. We'll see how it works...

dam i'am getting 5500-6500 on my bt56 rear and 9000 front. i ride 40 miles a day on hwy. and i do get up 110-150mph allmost everyday.

I've got almost 7,200 on my stock Bridgestones still look great and no I do not ride like a gramma?
rock.gif
?

my stocker made it almost 8000 miles but it was almost to the rim.....a little over 2000 on the current Metzler and looking good.

I got around 4000 on the stock rear tire, then switched to the Michelin Pilot power and am going to get a little over 5500 miles out of it.

I don't know yet, but when I change Iam going with Avons. They always gave me 4500 to 5000 on the rear of my Duc and from the people on here who have them, they also love'em !
wink.gif
I finally ordered up my Avon's yesterday.  I got Viper sport AV-59 & AV-60.  They're  supposed to arrive Friday, I should have pics on Saturday of next week.  I can't wait. I have 5500 + on the stock rear and it's smooth in the center.

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154228558 -->

Back