Time for new shoes

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I got 3,600 miles out of the stock rear. From what I've read here, that's about average. I really want to get the Pilot Powers for the replacements. I've read and heard so many good things about them.

Question is, do you think they will wear better or worse than the stockers? Anyone gone through a set?

6500mi..  still going strong.
super.gif

Imagestation.com closed, link removed

I too will get pilot powers .. maybe next week..  i had those on my Sv1000s  loved them!

<!--EDIT|808Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133735661 -->

I got 3,600 miles out of the stock rear. From what I've read here, that's about average. I really want to get the Pilot Powers for the replacements. I've read and heard so many good things about them.

Question is, do you think they will wear better or worse than the stockers? Anyone gone through a set?
Powers wear better than the stockers. They have worn better (less) than any stock tire I've worn out. Can't go wrong with the Powers.
wink.gif

I got 3,600 miles out of the stock rear.  From what I've read here, that's about average.  I really want to get the Pilot Powers for the replacements.  I've read and heard so many good things about them.

Question is, do you think they will wear better or worse than the stockers?  Anyone gone through a set?
Powers wear better than the stockers. They have worn better (less) than any stock tire I've worn out. Can't go wrong with the Powers.
wink.gif
+1

i got the Pilot power HPX. (front and rear)
awesome. i've put over 1000 miles on them and i can still see the new tire color bands.

Pilot powers are a nice soft sticky tire, I doubt seriously if you can expect to get more mileage than the stock 56's. I've had five new busa's all with 56's when they came and I always got between 4500 and 6000 miles according to how I rode? If you wore your stock tire out in 3600 miles with agressive throttle, I'll bet you won't see over 2500 with powers. Keep us posted? I prefer the dual compound BT014's myself. Stick just as good as the powers with a harder compound in the center for decent mileage.

Pilot powers are a nice soft sticky tire, I doubt seriously if you can expect to get more mileage than the stock 56's. I've had five new busa's all with 56's when they came and I always got between 4500 and 6000 miles according to how I rode? If you wore your stock tire out in 3600 miles with agressive throttle, I'll bet you won't see over 2500 with powers. Keep us posted? I prefer the dual compound BT014's myself. Stick just as good as the powers with a harder compound in the center for decent mileage.
Then it's obvious that you haven't ran powers. My stock rear on my busa was gone in 1800 miles. The Pilot Power I replaced it with still had evidence of the little rubber nipples with almost a thousand miles on 'em. Also, the mag tire tests always say the Powers show light wear compared to the other tires. I think you're off base on your projections...

If you wore your stock tire out in 3600 miles with agressive throttle, I'll bet you won't see over 2500 with powers. Keep us posted?
I'd be flattered if someone who knew me ever accused me of being an agressive rider.
smile.gif

The sad truth is that I am not. I get on the speed every now and then, but no weight (150 lbs), no burnouts, no wheelies and not very many twisties (hey, I live in central Florida!). I'm about as mild a Busa rider as you can find. Always kept the tire pressure at spec.

Kudos to you for getting the max from your tires! Wish mine would last for a couple K more, but, alas, it's time for new skins. Pilot Powers it shall be!

Back