tire ?

busa commuter

Registered
I have a couple ? to ask. I'm looking for a good tire for commuting. I ride mainly on the highway to and from work about 12000 miles a year;so wear is a big factor for me. I have only used the bridgestone and get about 3000 miles out for the rear; from what I read on the other post that is about avg. or a little better.

1.Does anybody known a tire that will last longer?

2.Is there a tire you would consider that would be better over all than the bridgestone for commuting?

3.Where to get the beat price on these tires?

Thanks in advance. The advice I have always got has been great!

I think Avons (?) are on of the longer lasting ones. It would also depend on what you'll doing along with commuting. If yer gonna be carvin some twisties, I would recommend the Diablos. I know there's some other ones, can't think of them at the moment, though. There should be a thread in the technical section of the board. Take a look-see.
wink.gif

Check the cycle mags for best prices Chaparral - mawonline.com - Dennis Kirk - Cycledepot.net all match lowest ad price... avons are suppose to be good as mentioned above and Michelin has a new tire thats suppose to get better milage too. I personally have only tried Bridgestone & Pirelli. Both good.

Tires are something i have a bit of interest in myself. As some of the other guys have posted the bt's are really good as far as the busa is concerned - for an all around tire. As for more touring, the avons are very good. I dont have any direct experience with the busa but a touring buddy of mine runs them on a 700lb BMW. He averages 10k a tire. He also has no complaints as far as slippage, but doesn’t go on back roads strictly to find twistys to tear through. Also the bmw doesn’t have anywhere near the power of the busa so, that is something you really want to take into consideration. Personally i do not like Michelins. I had them on a past bike and found them to be slippery as .... However they are made with a compound that takes longer to heat up yet lasts longer as well. Personally i think for myself i will end up getting a hold of another set of stock rims and mounting some avons on them, that way when i know i am going on a trip i'll just switch them out, but as for every day i need something much stickier simply because you never know when your going to find a sweet road up around the next bend! Hope this helps even a little, Cheers!

I like the BT 12's little better performance.

Best andleing tire i have ever run is Perrilli Diablo. worse tore for mileage especially in straight road Florida. i got about 1500 miles before cord started showing in the middele. I never ever run my tires that low of tread.

Bottom line I think for the bang for the buck BT's are great. Looking into the new 14's but not enough info yet.

Back